Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 4, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #3,706 of 62,515
As I read it, since current owners can “upgrade” to the wireless case, the E8s themselves are the same.

So I think they want to recapture the says when the E8 actually cost $300 plus without doing anything really hard.

I really don’t get who would pay $200 extra for wireless and USB-C charging. I mean, it’s nice I guess, but that’s what I paid for the E8s themselves.
No mention of BT 5 either, connection improvements (left side cuts out way too much for something in this price class), or aptX. Kinda like going to store but forgetting the milk.

Jan 4, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #3,707 of 62,515
In android phone to make a call, is there a way to listen through TWE while talk via the telephone's mic? I'm using LG V30.
I also have V30 and I'm not aware how this is possible... I believe it's doable with software updates since LG's HD Audio Recorder App kind of supports this function - when you plug-in a headset w/mic (so it has a TRRS tip) a "Select mic" option appears where you can choose Phone or Earphones. On Win10, it'd be akin to setting your preferred Playback/Recording devices - LG's phone app would need to be updated to account for this kind of customization (it'd be a neat feature).

Jan 4, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #3,708 of 62,515
Does anyone else have trouble activating transparency mode with the Sennheiser MTW? I have not yet been able to get the right side to accept this command, but it will accept volume control gestures. Similarly, the left tap for play/pause will pause music, but will not resume it without closing my Spotify app on my iPhone running 12.1.2. Again, volume control gestures and track forward/backward work perfectly on the left. Very frustrating, but wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing difficulty.

Jan 4, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #3,712 of 62,515
Nice! You're like the try before I buy guy. Initial impressions are what I was hoping for.

Just paying it forward as I'm always thankful for early adopters who volunteer to be guinea pigs :D So speaking of the T5... while I'm not ready to do a review yet, sadly I'm encountering random connection issues with intermittent drop out's or disconnects (between L and R). I have it paired with LG V30 that does have BT5 but as it's a Snapdragon 835, it doesn't have the 845's True Wireless Stereo feature where each earpiece can be paired and connected directly with the phone. I believe the way the QCC3026 works on non-845 processors is that each earpiece can function as the master or slave with the first to be turned on acting as the master then the following piece will function as the slave. I'm hoping to find someone with a Galaxy S9 near me so I can test the TWS feature to see if it improves the connection. More to come but doubtful I'm going to have happy news to report with these... :frowning2: It's a shame because the waterproofing checks out and the SQ is really good and though I haven't run the battery dry, battery life has been great (I think I hit 5 hrs max so far).

Interesting times ahead (for Android owners) later this year or perhaps next year as the 855 processor with Adaptive aptX comes out and TWEs adopt them. :D

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #3,714 of 62,515
I wonder who wrote the article then, wicked audio are known in the audio world for,,,
Maybe they were paid to write an "article", but it's really an advertisement.

Looks like Wicked Audio buys stuff from Shenzhen Co., Ltd. If you look at their website (Wicked's), all of their stuff are just re-brands.

Jan 4, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #3,715 of 62,515
So this is pretty ambitious for $35 and March delivery:

~IPX-7 Waterproofing
~Automatically on, automatically connected, with Bluetooth 5.0
~One-tap setup for all your Apple and Android devices
~More than 36-hour battery life with Charging Case
~Charges in 20 min in case
~12 Hours Listening Time on a single charge
~Rich, high-quality audio and voice
~Extreme Bass
~AAC Audio
~Seamless switching between devices

Pricing, specs and appearance seem to match a product sold on Chinese websites like AliExpress under various names. The only difference being that they list the chip as a AB1526P from Airoha instead of a "custom-designed Pierre Z9".

I'm betting it's the same product, with maybe minor tweaking of the case appearance to have it pass as unique. Custom designed chips just aren't very likely for a relatively small campaign with very low pricing.

Regardless, reviews for those products do look good and at that pricing you can't really go wrong.

Jan 4, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #3,716 of 62,515
Pricing, specs and appearance seem to match a product sold on Chinese websites like AliExpress under various names. The only difference being that they list the chip as a AB1526P from Airoha instead of a "custom-designed Pierre Z9".

I'm betting it's the same product, with maybe minor tweaking of the case appearance to have it pass as unique. Custom designed chips just aren't very likely for a relatively small campaign with very low pricing.

Regardless, reviews for those products do look good and at that pricing you can't really go wrong.

I agree, though it's still interesting tha tthey're claiming they are now producing them, and no longer at concept stage. Their aim was a relatively modest 1k, so I'm not sure how that will vouch for quality control.

Jan 4, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #3,717 of 62,515
Just paying it forward as I'm always thankful for early adopters who volunteer to be guinea pigs :D So speaking of the T5... while I'm not ready to do a review yet, sadly I'm encountering random connection issues with intermittent drop out's or disconnects (between L and R). I have it paired with LG V30 that does have BT5 but as it's a Snapdragon 835, it doesn't have the 845's True Wireless Stereo feature where each earpiece can be paired and connected directly with the phone. I believe the way the QCC3026 works on non-845 processors is that each earpiece can function as the master or slave with the first to be turned on acting as the master then the following piece will function as the slave. I'm hoping to find someone with a Galaxy S9 near me so I can test the TWS feature to see if it improves the connection. More to come but doubtful I'm going to have happy news to report with these... :frowning2: It's a shame because the waterproofing checks out and the SQ is really good and though I haven't run the battery dry, battery life has been great (I think I hit 5 hrs max so far).

Interesting times ahead (for Android owners) later this year or perhaps next year as the 855 processor with Adaptive aptX comes out and TWEs adopt them. :D

You're talking about MPOW T5? :triportsad: what a shame. Are these random connection issues happening frequently?

Jan 4, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #3,719 of 62,515
So this is pretty ambitious for $35 and March delivery:

~IPX-7 Waterproofing
~Automatically on, automatically connected, with Bluetooth 5.0
~One-tap setup for all your Apple and Android devices
~More than 36-hour battery life with Charging Case
~Charges in 20 min in case
~12 Hours Listening Time on a single charge
~Rich, high-quality audio and voice
~Extreme Bass
~AAC Audio
~Seamless switching between devices

Their comment seems funny, they made their own codec:
Thanks for your question! The current chip present in Nanobuds is the Pierre Z9 chip, which we have designed and created specifically for our audio products. The codec used is our own and for reference we believe is slightly better then AptX. Nanobuds are not currently capable of wireless charging, but we plan to roll out a stretch goal soon to include it in the design.

And who is this?
Ryan Smith- C.E.O of Pierre Audio

scamhh.jpg

scam-t.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back