Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 3, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #2,641 of 62,381
I don’t consider myself to be overly “sporty” but appreciate a decent sound in a convenient package when excercising. Is the real benefit of true wireless not for the active person? excercise, commute? They won’t match the performance of whatever over ears your rocking so besides novelty value, why would you choose to sit at home with these performance limiting “go anywhere” buds stuck in your ears?

i do. mainly because it is convenient of having no cables tugging my head. i only use wired while I'm sitting down at my work desk or on the bed before sleeping, and also on a plane.

at home for YouTube and light music while doing chores and moving about, and going to the mall with my family, and of course for working out, i choose true wireless nowadays

Dec 3, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #2,642 of 62,381
The ES100 is a VERY capable BT Amp/DAC that can drive any earphone you own and most headphones as well. I am very tempted to just cancel my Sennheiser True Wireless and just use what I have including the ES100. The ES100 actually gives high enough sound quality (I am able to use LDAC) that I struggle to hear a difference in quality versus just rllistening to music from the headphone jack in my S9 phone. It can also be used as a straight up DAC from your phone and your computer. Very versatile device...

the ES100 can drive my ATH R70X headphone easily, so it is a very capable amp dac. i don't think any iems would pose a problem for the ES100. other DAC aside the ES100 to consider is the Fiio BTR3. it has a "snappier" attack to the sound, while the ES100 has a more pleasant and natural sound. both are equally great product.

although the JVC and M0 combo are easily doubles the price of the M2 or the TW :ksc75smile:
interesting that you put the M2 and the TW on the same rating on sound, as i really like the sound of the M2. how about the whole package experience (the feature, battery life, convenience, etc) between them both? which one do like more?

I might be parroting about this a bit too much lately, but i really recommend the Sabbat X12pro. it's like the KSC75/portapro in a really small size, with great 7 hours battery life, and small charging case size.

I'm curious how this compares to the Bose soundsport, as they have the similar open sound

sorry, i was referring to the TRN BT20. While my experience with ES100 is excellent, I do yearn for TW with higher-end iem

Dec 3, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #2,643 of 62,381
2. I used the app for the first time for real, and found that despite the fact that I was listening to music quite happily, it couldn't connect to the earphones. What? I guess the headphones weren't responding or something over a separate BT channel. Really weird and annoying.
Yeah - the initial pairing isn't fully obvious, but when you're fully paired, you will have 2 BT devices (at least on the iPhone):
LE-MOMENTUM TW
MOMENTUM TW

The LE appears to be the one used for the app, and the other one for audio. I think the right order to pair them is to your phone via your regular BT pairing, and then fire up the app, after which it will connect the LE-MOMENTUM device. Haven't had any issues once both were paired.

Dec 4, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #2,644 of 62,381
Got the Sennheiser MTW. Really like them. Previously bought the Jabra Elite 65T Active but returned them as they were not comfortable to me and hurt my ears after a while. These are definitely much more comfortable (but still not perfect) and they sound notably better from what I recall of the Jabra's sound. Has anyone tried the Comply TrueGrip foam tips? How do they fit if you have medium size ears (the stock medium silicone tips work fine for me).

If the charging case battery is depleted and I put the Sennheiser MTW's in the case they don't seem to turn off (my bluetooth settings still show them as connected and so does the app). Only way seems to be to disconnect them manually in the bluetooth settings of the phone and then have them to go into idle/sleep mode after a while unless I am missing something? Seems pretty silly...

Dec 4, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #2,645 of 62,381
Yeah - the initial pairing isn't fully obvious, but when you're fully paired, you will have 2 BT devices (at least on the iPhone):
LE-MOMENTUM TW
MOMENTUM TW

The LE appears to be the one used for the app, and the other one for audio. I think the right order to pair them is to your phone via your regular BT pairing, and then fire up the app, after which it will connect the LE-MOMENTUM device. Haven't had any issues once both were paired.
On android they only show up as a single device.

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #2,646 of 62,381
I don’t consider myself to be overly “sporty” but appreciate a decent sound in a convenient package when excercising. Is the real benefit of true wireless not for the active person? excercise, commute? They won’t match the performance of whatever over ears your rocking so besides novelty value, why would you choose to sit at home with these performance limiting “go anywhere” buds stuck in your ears?
I agree with this, reason I don't use wired is that constant cable thumping while running or mountain hiking.

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #2,647 of 62,381
... although the JVC and M0 combo are easily doubles the price of the M2 or the TW :ksc75smile:
interesting that you put the M2 and the TW on the same rating on sound, as i really like the sound of the M2. how about the whole package experience (the feature, battery life, convenience, etc) between them both? which one do like more?

Agreed. It only makes sense if you already own a higher end IEM and don't need the convenience of true wireless.

I don't own the MTW, just ran my SQ tests on a unit Sennheiser provided. So I can't comment on the whole package experience. But I clearly prefer the M2's smaller size. Soundwise, the MTW are more v-shaped and exciting than the M2, but I'd still rate them overall on the same level.

Dec 4, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #2,648 of 62,381
Maybe I lead a very cushy life, but I NEVER need more than about 1.5 hours at a time of battery life for my commute, walks, or workouts. I'm super-duper happy with my MW07 and Jabra Elite Active 65t. After use, stick 'em back in their case to recharge for next use ..... recharge case 1x / week. Never had any problem with either one of them.

I would never even consider any of the newer models mentioned here (many not even available yet), until a large number of glowing reviews appear. Just one man's story.

Dec 4, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #2,649 of 62,381
Maybe I lead a very cushy life, but I NEVER need more than about 1.5 hours at a time of battery life for my commute, walks, or workouts. I'm super-duper happy with my MW07 and Jabra Elite Active 65t. After use, stick 'em back in their case to recharge for next use ..... recharge case 1x / week. Never had any problem with either one of them.

I would never even consider any of the newer models mentioned here (many not even available yet), until a large number of glowing reviews appear. Just one man's story.

My commute is around 4 hours one way (fortunately not every day and not there and back the same day) so that is my minimum required battery time

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #2,650 of 62,381

At home? No. But when I'm not at home, TWE are usually preferable because they're lightweight, I can wear a hoodie with them, etc. Like I've said, right now I have three sets. Over-ears for at home, on-ears for the gym, TWE for out and about.

I'll say this, as well. SQ on Bluetooth has gotten good enough that I can't deal with being tethered by cables anymore. I'll take the fidelity hit for the mobility benefit. It's just not a big enough difference for me to be concerned anymore.

Dec 4, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #2,651 of 62,381
LE-MOMENTUM TW
MOMENTUM TW

Is this described in the manual? Because it's kind of ridiculous and non-intuitive.

Dec 4, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #2,654 of 62,381
Would the people who have had both Senns and MW07 agree that the MW07 are the better of the 2 as for sound and comfort? I don't care at all about the 2 to 2.5 hour battery life as I'm to dam busy to listen to music that long and if I did have that time it would be with my CIEMs.

Dec 4, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #2,655 of 62,381
Would the people who have had both Senns and MW07 agree that the MW07 are the better of the 2 as for sound and comfort? I don't care at all about the 2 to 2.5 hour battery life as I'm to dam busy to listen to music that long and if I did have that time it would be with my CIEMs.
Sorry, can't comment on Senns, but soundwise MW07 are the best thing that happened to my at the gym despite their miserable battery life around 3 hours. Very energetic bassy signature with lots of space and detail. And that compared not only to 65t but also to wired Westone W20, both of which I have on hand. Concerning comfort and isolation it's very subjective, as with any IEM. Everybody have different ears, so you can't assume that if somebody happy with one model you'll be happy with it as well. For example, with 65t I found immediately great and secure fit with stock eartips, while was about to return MW07 until I found SpinFit CP100Z eartips that work great for me. Browse this thread and you'll find that quite a few people had a totally opposite experience with the same models.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back