Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 4, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #2,671 of 62,031
I've lived happily enough with the E8 for over a year and basically only had 2 gripes. Random very short drop outs of the left unit and mediocre mic. The drop outs are a niggle but not bad enough to really bother me and I do very few calls so the mic was also not a big problem.
Do you use the App to EQ? If so, where do you place the dot (I hate that type of EQ interface)?

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #2,672 of 62,031
Hey!

I've been following this thread for the last 50 or so pages, and I'd really like to thank you all for this great info!

For about 1 year I've been searching for a good pair of wireless headphones, however it has been so hard that until now I still haven't made a choice.

My situation is the following: My smartphone doesn't have a headphone jack, and my laptop, it has, however it's in such awkward position that it gets in the way of the keyboard and I don't like it at all.

I'd like to have wireless earphones that provides at very least 4 hours (5 hours would be ideal) of continuous music playback, iem design (not something like airpods or pixel buds), USB-C charging port, stable connection with little delay/lag, being able to pair it to 2 devices and acceptable sound quality.

I was almost certain that the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless would be the one, however even though they are using BT 5.0, they aren't taking advantage of one of its features, which is the multi-pair thing.

I don't care much about the codecs, since I'm only using Apple Music, which is like 256kbps, I think even SBC is capable of delivering it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

At this point, I'm unsure which are my options, and if there's any that offers everything I'm looking for.

Right now the one which seems to be the closest is the Jabra 65T. The only thing I'm asking that it doesn't provide is the USB-C port, which although I'd like to avoid buying stuff with micro-usb, I still have to use it to charge my mouse anyway.

Is there another option available out there or coming soon?

Big thanks!

Dec 4, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #2,679 of 62,031
My situation is the following: My smartphone doesn't have a headphone jack, and my laptop, it has, however it's in such awkward position that it gets in the way of the keyboard and I don't like it at all.
You could try swinging the cable behind the tablet screen for now. Bluetooth on Windows isn't great but I suppose it's passable for casual listening, don't even bother with using it as a headset on Windows otherwise it'll go mono on you with terrible quality.

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #2,681 of 62,031
Do you use the App to EQ? If so, where do you place the dot (I hate that type of EQ interface)?

Yes I use the app to select the level of ambient noise transperency (full mute of music) and in eq I have the dot about 1/3 straight up the center line with the smallest dot possible

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #2,682 of 62,031
I'm sounding like a broken record by now, but i'd highly recommend looking into RHA's Trueconnect.

I do not know why the RHA is being dismissed easily and thoroughly for lack of OTA updates and APTX. For a large number of people, who listen to podcasts and the occasional calls, it seems pretty good. Not saying that those concerns are not valid, but saying that these concerns for quite a number of people are not really that big of a deal.I have bought one and waiting for it.

It does seem to have generally positive reviews (25 hours, AAC, stem design to improve calls, type C, comfort all seem to work in favour of RHA.)

Dec 5, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #2,684 of 62,031
No transparency mode either for the RHA so you'll need to pull them out to interact.It's annoying but ok for a 50€ device like the Havit but for a 150€+ device I'm not sure, especially when you can get the 65t for less.

Dec 5, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #2,685 of 62,031
So any recommendations on an alternative iem with a .75mm plug? I'm willing to be a guinea pig for you guys. Plus I'm sure they will be outstanding with the es100 as a fallback.
KZ ES4/Zsn/AS10 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back