Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #2,401 of 62,140
nice collection. I will be road testing the senn's outside soon, I'm jus stuck right now doing tonnes of other stuff at home. Not had a chance to try them outside. For me, teh fit is great, will be better with comply tips im sure which are on the way, and battery was near enough 4 hours at 75% volume
so those that have it at 50% vol will have no issues I imagine.

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #2,402 of 62,140
I really appreciate if smb give an idea about call quality of MW07.
It's about average. Voice is intelligible and not muffled, and although it's not soft, it could be a bit louder. They're competent enough to use in a quiet office (which is how I use them). I haven't tested them in a loud environment, such as a coffee shop, etc., but I'll update my feedback once I've done so.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #2,403 of 62,140
It's about average. Voice is ineligible and not muffled, and although it's not soft, it could be a bit louder. They're competent enough to use in a quiet office (which is how I use them). I haven't tested them in a loud environment, such as a coffee shop, etc., but I'll update my feedback once I've done so.
I concur. Jabras 65t are noticeably better in the call quality respect. But that's expected with their stems, greater number of mics and with general Jabra's field of expertise. Still mw07 are no duds by a long shot. In a moderately noisy environments like my gym voice on the other side sounds tinnier and kinda higher pitched vs Jabra. But still volume is sufficient (on par with 65t) and nobody on the other side complained about how I sound. Though my wife one time said that I sound "funny", which she never mentioned when I was on 65t.

Nov 27, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #2,404 of 62,140
I have been testing them while on public transport, so haven't really detected any hiss as the background noise may have covered it up. But even while walking, I don't detect it either. Haven't tested in a quiet environment yet.
I do all my controls via my phone so, haven't encountered any issues. Besides, it behind your ear, clicking the button there is kind of out of the way.

Here's my impressions and answers to some queries I posted over at the KZ thread.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2571#post-14622693

I have reached about the 4 hours mark with the BT20 after 2 days of use. Its still going strong. Its supposed to do about 6 hours, so shall have to see how it fares for the 3rd day of use.
is the charging method annoying? I'm assuming you have to get 2 usb cable to charge them? (looking into this one for mmcx)

Got the mavin for fun,-since the sennheiser seems more like an "indoor" type thing and the jabra 65 seems to have the most boxes ticked (but could be a little louder and with apt-x) Next waiting for the qualcomm 5 series that should have anc.

Not tested the mavin much,- other to check the sound is not crap and tinny and it passed the quick test. Also these are louder than the jabras. Next have to check battery life and connection outside.

I just got the Mavin yesterday, got around 7hrs on aptx (not sure if aac will give better battery life). I HATE the stock tip, I couldn't get a good fit and the missing of size indication on the tips didn't help. Had to settle for spinfit but still couldn't get a comfortable fit.

After around 30hrs of using this, my impression:
pros = good battery + ok sound (the treble is too much for my taste....or maybe because I didn't get a good seal) + light
cons = no multipoint profiles (can't switch between phone and laptop, have to disconnect on one) + the shape is weird for my ear + mic quality seems to be very bad

if you have any tips to improve usage with Mavin, I'm all ears.
Too bad they don't have app or software update for these.

Nov 27, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #2,405 of 62,140
@hifi80sman and or @SomeGuyDude

Are you liking the Bose more than the MW07 for SQ and comfort?

Comfort and sound the MW07 wins handily, IMO. Great isolation, fits nicely, I like how it's pretty sleek looking instead of the weird Frankenstein bolts @hifi80sman also mentioned. They also isolate, which the Bose do not (they have a rather unique fit). The MW07 also gets a nice bit louder, which I appreciate. I never max out either, but i like having volume overhead in case I get an album that's particularly quiet.

Tragically, as I'm using these for the gym as well as when I'm out and about, the MW07 and I had to part ways. For the gym, the Bose are just on another level in terms of security. Their wing system is incredibly secure, despite not feeling as "locked in" as the MW07. When the Bose are properly in place, they don't feel like they're super secured, but they are. For two, that battery life is just the dealbreaker. I need to be able to pop my headphones in when I walk in the gym and go through my warmup and workout without worrying that they're gonna die, and the MW07 failed on that front. My choices were to either bring the case with me and give them a quick charge sometime during the workout, or leave them in the case until my warmup routine was over, pop them in IMMEDIATELY before I started lifting, and then hope they survived to the end.

If it's true that the Senns can go 3.5hr before they start warning you about battery then they might be my end solution.

Nov 27, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #2,406 of 62,140
Got the mavin for fun,-since the sennheiser seems more like an "indoor" type thing and the jabra 65 seems to have the most boxes ticked (but could be a little louder and with apt-x) Next waiting for the qualcomm 5 series that should have anc.

Not tested the mavin much,- other to check the sound is not crap and tinny and it passed the quick test. Also these are louder than the jabras. Next have to check battery life and connection outside.

Looking forward to a bit more detail about how the Mavin sounds and if their battery life claims are accurate. I did the failed Indiegogo campaign and am still interested them.

Nov 27, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #2,407 of 62,140
besides the Jabras, what other TW can have multiple connection simultaneously? i like the 65t that i could listen to my phone and switch to watching youtubes on my tablet without the need to connect/disconnect the bluetooth

Nov 27, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #2,409 of 62,140
besides the Jabras, what other TW can have multiple connection simultaneously? i like the 65t that i could listen to my phone and switch to watching youtubes on my tablet without the need to connect/disconnect the bluetooth
MW07. They can remember two connections and switch seamlessly between my Android phone and an iPad.

Nov 27, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #2,410 of 62,140
I think the EQ is plenty robust. No, you can't adjust indiviudin frequency bands, but it can drastically affect the sound. Wan more of a V shape? You can do that. Want it more linear? You can do that. Want more bass and less treble? Fine. Or perhaps more treble and less bass? Doable. The nice thing is that it allows you to trim the mid-bass without killing the sub-bass, which is what I've done.

Honestly, I think it's more practical and intuitive than a traditional EQ, while being easier to understand for the mainstream. Barring any terrible narrow frequency spikes or dips, all I really care about is the overall shape of the frequency curve and the technical quality of the driver.
would you mind sharing a pic of your preferred eq?

Nov 27, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #2,412 of 62,140
Went to the Sennheiser store in San Francisco today to check out the TWM. Spent about 1/2 hour listening to my standard suite of test tracks over AAC from a Shanling m0.

1) It was comfortable for me. A bit of pressure in one ear, but probably could
adjust it to eliminate that one pain point. Better than most true wireless iems. They looked good, and were very safely held in my ear.

2) The sound was exceptionally good for a true wireless iem. Just a bit too bassy for me, but that could easily be eq'ed out because the bass was tight, just a little too much of it. Everything else - rhythm, mids, highs -- were to my liking.

3) While the sound was good for a true wireless iem, I decided not to buy it because, for me, the category is not ready yet. The whole time I was listening I was enjoying the music just enough to make me want to listen to music in even better quality - whether that's the LDAC quality of the WH-1000XM3 wireless cans, or a wired iem like the Etymotic 4XR.

If someone has a use case that requires wireless iem's, then these probably have the best SQ in the category. Hard to imagine how it could be better over AAC/APTX. The codec felt like the limiting factor. But even these best-in-class true wireless iem's aren't good enough for me.

I guess I'll wait for the TWM's mark 2 and try again. I think if they had LDAC, I would have bought them today and they would have sounded not just good but great.

Nov 27, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #2,414 of 62,140
Can anyone with the Senn's help with feedback? Finally got the MTW in today (stupid shipping delay). To my dismay, there's some pretty significant hiss, more-so on the left side than right. I can usually tune out hiss (I've tried a lot of true wireless earbuds), but this is just too much. I'm thinking I got a bad unit. From what I see, everyone seems to agree that the background is noise-free for the most part.

Additionally, the lid is too flimsy. It wobbles, and the plastic hinge feels very fragile (like I could bend it back with little force and it would just break off). Anyone else observe that too?

Pretty disappointed after waiting so long for this pair, especially since I'm a big fan of Senn. My DD has been the WF-1000X, and so far its quality is winning out. I'd like to hear what you guys say before I wrap the MTW back up and try to get a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back