Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 26, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #2,372 of 62,442
Just got the Comply TrueGrip Pro tips delivered. They fit the Senn's perfectly (make sure you push down firmly due to their "recessed core") and really help the fit. These things finally feel secure in my ears. I'll give them the proper test at the gym tomorrow but I definitely feel more confident compared to how these felt with the silicone tips.
Can you explain this technique? I have never heard of it before, Im getting my true grips next week as they've shipped

Sure! So you get a pair of Comply fakes/generic foam earplugs (you'll need to punch a hole in these), snip off the top half-inch to an inch off em. Then you grab the silicon eartips and flip the "mushroom" part up (like when an umbrella gets inverted due to wind), and work the foam bits around the cylinder bit of the silicone tips. Then, roll the mushroom back down over them and install on the earbuds as usual. In practice it's kinda like the now discontinued Sony isolation tips that were foam-filled silicone eartips.

Nov 26, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #2,373 of 62,442
sp700 has stronger bass, rather noticeably so. MW07 just has better quality top to bottom, the bass "fills" the sound without sounding like it's built more for hip-hop/pop/rock. The treble on the MW07 might seem hot at first but once a moment passes and you adjust, the bass is really, really damn nice.
Totally agree. The MW07, currently, sounds the most refined and the closest to wired than any of the other sets out there. I think the Bose sound good as well, but they are semi-open and a rolled off a little in the upper range. I also recently purchased the Beoplay E8, but immediately returned. They have 5.7 mm drivers, and let's just say, it sounds like they have 5.7 mm drivers...

The Sony sound good, but you can tell they are truly wireless. Listening to the MW07, sometimes I go to change tracks by feeling around for the in-line remote. A value choice, that sounds better than the Sony and rock beryllium drivers, are the Treblab X5. They sound pretty nice as well, although slightly raspy with more white noise in the background. The MW07 are pretty darn silent and suitable for classical, if you so desire.

For pure sound quality, the MW07 are the way to go. On sale now at Best Buy for $225 USD.

Nov 27, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #2,376 of 62,442
I'm new to this thread and looking to leverage collective insights on the options. I'm looking for best possible SQ with a nice seal, and comfort. My sense from some research is the Master and Dynamic or the new Senns are my best options for true wireless. What else should I consider or be aware of? Also interested in value. If there's a good option that gets me 80% there at a much lower price, please let me know.

Nov 27, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #2,377 of 62,442
What else should I consider or be aware of? Also interested in value. If there's a good option that gets me 80% there at a much lower price, please let me know.

TRN BT20, comes in 2-pin 0.75mm, 2-pin 0.78mm, MMCX connector options.

Allows you to go "wireless" with your favourite IEM or maybe even earbud ( haven't tried that yet).

10203272.jpg

Nov 27, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #2,378 of 62,442
How's the sound ? I got the "over the neck" TRN BT3 last week and while the sound is overall decent I found that there was some pretty loud annoying hiss/static/white noise, especially noticeable between songs or when I hit pause before it cuts out after about 2/3 seconds. I've seen many other people complain about this so I doubt I got a dud. Happens on both my TRN V80 and KZ-ZS3 too. The seller (AK Audio store on AliExpress) is being as unhelpful as possible as could be expected :wink:

Nov 27, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #2,379 of 62,442
Just got the Comply TrueGrip Pro tips delivered. They fit the Senn's perfectly (make sure you push down firmly due to their "recessed core") and really help the fit. These things finally feel secure in my ears. I'll give them the proper test at the gym tomorrow but I definitely feel more confident compared to how these felt with the silicone tips.

Keen to try them before I return mine. Do let us know if there is a slight change in sound, which I found when I used the TX-200

Sennheiser just updated the iOS app to v.1.0.3 for "performance optimizations and bugfixes". Could be anything, but at least shows they're working on something.

I definitely have noticed that the earbuds don’t discharge drastically on one side but still early days. Hope it solves most of my issues posted previously and if the Comply’s work well, I’ll keep them.

Nov 27, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #2,380 of 62,442
Okay, so received my Senns this morning. Haven't used them for long, but can give a comparative opinion on the soundstage etc compared to the Jabra 65Ts. TL;DR: They rock. :)

So much more bass and a much more open and clear soundstage. Tighter treble, less muddy than the Jabras. The sound profile is very much like my old IE80s - which is a good thing.

Few test tracks to compare:
  • 'Sister', Lenny Kravitz - that first bass note just kicks. On the Jabra it was okay, but with the Senns it's like having an actual bass guitar in your head.
  • 'Ordinary Day', Bent - cracking bass, and the soundstage opens up widely, compared to the Jabras. Feels like listening in a big room, rather than in your head.
  • 'Revolutions', Jarre - crisp clear percussion, really tight mid-ranges. Just sounds a whole load clearer than the Jabras, and sooo much more detail.
  • 'World in my Eyes', Depeche Mode - Intro is really tight and hits you much harder, real oomph to it.
  • 'Coward', Interstellar OST - They really showed up the differences here. The whole soundstage opened up and felt voluminous. The underlying low notes of the organ backdrop felt huge in my head, really awesome.
  • 'Rather Be (Magician Remix)', Clean Bandit - again, massively thumping bass, but the soundstage is so wide and open.
  • 'Take it Back', Floyd - everything just sounds crisper and cleaner, and there's a deep tonal bass that just hits you hard.
The thing I really noticed is that there's just a whole new depth of tone that's missing on the Jabras. The other thing is that the volume is so loud. With the Jabras, I had to run them at literally 100% volume to get any sort of immersion, and it really wasn't that loud at all. With the Senns, I'd say they're louder at 50% than the 65Ts at 100%. Whether that means that the battery life will be improved because the volume is lower, remains to be seen.

So from a SQ perspective, these have nailed it. Really chuffed.

Just have to see how the battery life and the other features work out. In terms of other stuff - pairing was instant - put them in the case, took them out again and they popped up on my phone (S7Edge) instantly. No problems. Fit seems excellent, with the default tips - feel solid as a rock. Don't think I'll have any need for replacement tips (or even to change the tips to the larger ones) but we'll see.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #2,381 of 62,442
Okay, so received my Senns this morning. Haven't used them for long, but can give a comparative opinion on the soundstage etc compared to the Jabra 65Ts. TL;DR: They rock. :)

So much more bass and a much more open and clear soundstage. Tighter treble, less muddy than the Jabras. The sound profile is very much like my old IE80s - which is a good thing.

Few test tracks to compare:
  • 'Sister', Lenny Kravitz - that first bass note just kicks. On the Jabra it was okay, but with the Senns it's like having an actual bass guitar in your head.
  • 'Ordinary Day', Bent - cracking bass, and the soundstage opens up widely, compared to the Jabras. Feels like listening in a big room, rather than in your head.
  • 'Revolutions', Jarre - crisp clear percussion, really tight mid-ranges. Just sounds a whole load clearer than the Jabras, and sooo much more detail.
  • 'World in my Eyes', Depeche Mode - Intro is really tight and hits you much harder, real oomph to it.
  • 'Coward', Interstellar OST - They really showed up the differences here. The whole soundstage opened up and felt voluminous. The underlying low notes of the organ backdrop felt huge in my head, really awesome.
  • 'Rather Be (Magician Remix)', Clean Bandit - again, massively thumping bass, but the soundstage is so wide and open.
  • 'Take it Back', Floyd - everything just sounds crisper and cleaner, and there's a deep tonal bass that just hits you hard.
The thing I really noticed is that there's just a whole new depth of tone that's missing on the Jabras. The other thing is that the volume is so loud. With the Jabras, I had to run them at literally 100% volume to get any sort of immersion, and it really wasn't that loud at all. With the Senns, I'd say they're louder at 50% than the 65Ts at 100%. Whether that means that the battery life will be improved because the volume is lower, remains to be seen.

So from a SQ perspective, these have nailed it. Really chuffed.

Just have to see how the battery life and the other features work out. In terms of other stuff - pairing was instant - put them in the case, took them out again and they popped up on my phone (S7Edge) instantly. No problems. Fit seems excellent, with the default tips - feel solid as a rock. Don't think I'll have any need for replacement tips (or even to change the tips to the larger ones) but we'll see.

So after few days of using, at least for my unit, I am getting about 3 hours of use with volume at 65% on my iPhone XS.

Nov 27, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #2,383 of 62,442
I need 4 hours as my commute is at least 3 hours 50 minutes as this the E8 and G1 both can deliver with a bit to spare

Nov 27, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #2,384 of 62,442
How's the sound ? I got the "over the neck" TRN BT3 last week and while the sound is overall decent I found that there was some pretty loud annoying hiss/static/white noise, especially noticeable between songs or when I hit pause before it cuts out after about 2/3 seconds. I've seen many other people complain about this so I doubt I got a dud. Happens on both my TRN V80 and KZ-ZS3 too. The seller (AK Audio store on AliExpress) is being as unhelpful as possible as could be expected :wink:

I have been testing them while on public transport, so haven't really detected any hiss as the background noise may have covered it up. But even while walking, I don't detect it either. Haven't tested in a quiet environment yet.
I do all my controls via my phone so, haven't encountered any issues. Besides, it behind your ear, clicking the button there is kind of out of the way.

Here's my impressions and answers to some queries I posted over at the KZ thread.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2571#post-14622693

I need 4 hours as my commute is at least 3 hours 50 minutes as this the E8 and G1 both can deliver with a bit to spare

I have reached about the 4 hours mark with the BT20 after 2 days of use. Its still going strong. Its supposed to do about 6 hours, so shall have to see how it fares for the 3rd day of use.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back