Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 26, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #2,341 of 62,400
Oh I didn't specify it again but I was referring to the SQ, no argument that the WF-1000xs are generally weak for battery life and BT in crowded environments, it's more on SQ that your comment had me intrigued since there's been a consensus that until recently they were the best in class. So based on your latest comments it doesn't sound that the Senn's SQ is "much better" than the WF-1000x after all :wink: Like I said above based on my own testing, unless you do a side-by-side listening test with two devices playing the same music it's hard to come to any conclusions.

At least to me when I was searching reviews day and night for the best true wireless earbuds, it didn't seem like WF-1000X were considered best in class for SQ specifically, most reviews mention the MW07s holding that title. Even in the Gizmodo article, they mention the full 1000x range, but only think the MW07s are comparable in SQ.

Nov 26, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #2,342 of 62,400
Anyone who has the e8 and the Senns - can you comment on size and shape of the actual IEMs? They look really similar in pics. Same question on the touch controls - are they also pretty much the same?

Mine won't be here for 2 weeks, and I can't wait.:beyersmile:

Nov 26, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #2,343 of 62,400
At least to me when I was searching reviews day and night for the best true wireless earbuds, it didn't seem like WF-1000X were considered best in class for SQ specifically, most reviews mention the MW07s holding that title. Even in the Gizmodo article, they mention the full 1000x range, but only think the MW07s are comparable in SQ.

Your post is a bit confusing, what are the MW07 comparable in SQ to ? Besides the MW07 have been released rather recently :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #2,345 of 62,400
Sorry about that but that probably means you need to keep reading up a bit here and elsewhere then. As for the WF-1000x being considered as best in class in terms of SQ until RECENTLY here's a good read : https://www.whathifi.com/sony/wf-1000x/review

Nov 26, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #2,346 of 62,400
Anyone who has the e8 and the Senns - can you comment on size and shape of the actual IEMs? They look really similar in pics. Same question on the touch controls - are they also pretty much the same?

Mine won't be here for 2 weeks, and I can't wait.:beyersmile:

I lost my e8s and the MTW was my replacement. While they seem visually roughly the same shape, the MTW fit me WAY better. e8s constantly needed adjustment and always fell out if knocked eg if I was putting on a jacket and it brushed. The MTW fit much better and snuggle in a little more.

That said, I imagine it's a very individual thing. Small-eared people are definitely going to have a problem, a couple of my friends can use it, but they stick out more, and one smaller eared individual can't get them to seat comfortably. Medium-Large ears seem fine.

Nov 26, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #2,347 of 62,400
Sorry about that but that probably means you need to keep reading up a bit here and elsewhere then. As for the WF-1000x being considered as best in class in terms of SQ until RECENTLY here's a good read : https://www.whathifi.com/sony/wf-1000x/review

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with a size/shape/controls comparison between e8 and the Senn TWM

Nov 26, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #2,348 of 62,400
I lost my e8s and the MTW was my replacement. While they seem visually roughly the same shape, the MTW fit me WAY better. e8s constantly needed adjustment and always fell out if knocked eg if I was putting on a jacket and it brushed. The MTW fit much better and snuggle in a little more.

That said, I imagine it's a very individual thing. Small-eared people are definitely going to have a problem, a couple of my friends can use it, but they stick out more, and one smaller eared individual can't get them to seat comfortably. Medium-Large ears seem fine.

Yeah, the MW07 are strange shaped, so it's hard to compare them. They're actually not as "thick" front to back as the E8, but they're so much wider across and pretty much the same "height" in your ear. They weigh a tiny bit less based on my unscientific method of holding them in my hand.

What I'm curious about is the E8 vs. Senn TWM - they look really close in size and shape. And the controls seem nearly the same too.

Nov 26, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #2,349 of 62,400
Yeah, the MW07 are strange shaped, so it's hard to compare them. They're actually not as "thick" front to back as the E8, but they're so much wider across and pretty much the same "height" in your ear. They weigh a tiny bit less based on my unscientific method of holding them in my hand.

What I'm curious about is the E8 vs. Senn TWM - they look really close in size and shape. And the controls seem nearly the same too.

Sorry, to be clear, when I wrote MTW I meant Momentum True Wireless, e.g. the Sennheisers. I've never tried the MW07s

Controls are pretty similar - biggest weirdness left ear pauses instead of right. The transparency is a doubletap on the right which is annoying, one tap launches Assistant. Overall I'm happier with them. SQ is IMO much better than the e8s

Nov 26, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #2,350 of 62,400
I'm not sure what any of that has to do with a size/shape/controls comparison between e8 and the Senn TWM
That's probably because my original reply was for firewatersun who didn't seem to know about the SQ of the WF-1000x :wink: Case closed !

Nov 26, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #2,351 of 62,400
Sorry, to be clear, when I wrote MTW I meant Momentum True Wireless, e.g. the Sennheisers. I've never tried the MW07s

Controls are pretty similar - biggest weirdness left ear pauses instead of right. The transparency is a doubletap on the right which is annoying, one tap launches Assistant. Overall I'm happier with them. SQ is IMO much better than the e8s

Totally misread that on my phone as MW07 - need a bigger phone. Thanks!

That's probably because my original reply was for firewatersun who didn't seem to know about the SQ of the WF-1000x :wink: Case closed !

Ohhhhh. Makes a lot more sense. Thanks!

Nov 26, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #2,352 of 62,400

What HiFi doesn't have a MW07 OR Sennheiser MTW review or even hands on, so they're not necessarily comparing either. Previous replies in this thread have mentioned MW07 or MTW as being up there with SQ. The review on Gizmodo I posted mentions the 1000X series and doesn't even use it for SQ comparison, skipping to the MW07s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 26, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #2,353 of 62,400
Is there anybody who can give an idea call quality of rha true connect and Senn. Mtw? By the way, I couldn’t find any shop which has stock for senn. in The Netherlands.
The call quality of senn is not really good outside. I don't heart perfectly my own voice and my contact had problems to hear me during a long call (45 mn). I was in the center of Paris will a lot of noise.

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #2,355 of 62,400
I wish there was a way to disable Alexa/Siri/GAssist on all of these 'phones (Jabra, Senn etc). Am I the only person who has literally no interest in using it or talking to my phone? :)
I'm like you. With the Senn, it's possible to disable it with the app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back