Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 26, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #2,356 of 62,474
have anyone tried the Mavin Air-X? they claim to last up to 10 hrs per charge and 50hrs in total....and according to an Amazon review, it seems to be up there.

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #2,357 of 62,474
So :disappointed: i gave up on Qi charging. No one seems to really want to support this - the only ones seem to be Havit G1W and a load of Indiegogo projects promising the world which i have little faith on to be honest.

I'm narrowing down on either the 65T or RHA's Trueconnect. Anyone owning both willing to help me decide here?

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #2,358 of 62,474
So :disappointed: i gave up on Qi charging. No one seems to really want to support this - the only ones seem to be Havit G1W and a load of Indiegogo projects promising the world which i have little faith on to be honest.

I'm narrowing down on either the 65T or RHA's Trueconnect. Anyone owning both willing to help me decide here?

I need the same comparison of RHA and 65T. Particularly in terms of sound and call quality.

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #2,359 of 62,474
Can't provide a comparison sadly, but I can say, if I didn't have the Senn's I would prolly choose the Jabras, as a good old rounder if I was strict on money, If i would spend a bit more I would go with Senn's. RHA get very decent reviews, their controls seem to be messy though, like i think its two presses up on the left bud and three on the right to move back and forth. Sound quality from what I've read, RHA nails it better than Jabras, but overall they're both very competitive. The Jabras are a very good all rounder with excellent sound quality for the calls. I was clear, and distinct, and i tidn't let in too much noise with the receiver of the call. RHA, I was thinking of getting but they werent in stock at the time. And no OTA put me off a bit.

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #2,360 of 62,474
My fully charged mw07 died on a flight at exactly 2 hours at about 45 percent volume. How do I post a sad face here? And this is the same as my flight last week. Definitely not thrilled.

Nov 26, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #2,361 of 62,474
Interesting to read people's experiences with the MW07. After about a week of regular testing here are mine:
The battery life hasn't been troubling me at all. On a 2.5 hour flight today I played music at 70% volume and it still had enough juice for the subway ride back home (around 30 minutes). And to be honest, I usually never listen to music for more than 2.5 hours at a time, but in 30 mins - 1 hour segments. Quick charging helps out a lot when on the go.

The buttons are really intuitive to use. On the right earphone is the button that plays/pauses/skip tracks and on the left are the volume down/up buttons. I like this arrangement of buttons much better than having the functions split between the earphones (e.g. long presses on the left/right earphones for volume up/down, as per the Senns). I also like physical rather than touch sensitive buttons because it's so easy to mess something up when I adjust the fit.

The sound, after trying out different tips and wings and adjusting the fit quite a bit, has everything I want. Nice sub-bass rumble and detailed mids. As I mentioned earlier, it sounds very much like my DT770s with a smaller soundstage.

However. I'm pretty sure they don't fit my ears that well. I have large, flat-ish ears and I think the MW07s are better suited to slightly smaller (ie normal sized) and deeper ears. The reason being that when I angle the nozzle to align with my ear canal, the wings press against my inside of my antihelix and after 30 minutes my ear starts to get sore. There's no other way too because I don't get good isolation otherwise.

Unfortunately this probably means I'll be returning them, despite everything else going for them. I'll probably wait until gen2 of wireless earphones, when there'll be a wider selection of good sounding earphones and most of the software/hardware issues have been ironed out. Until then, I'll get wireless headphones or something.

1200-7565-hearing-sense-photo3.jpg

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #2,362 of 62,474
...Unfortunately this probably means I'll be returning them, despite everything else going for them...
Unfortunately bad fit seems to be the case for me as well. But not because of the discomfort, but because I simply can't find proper fit, at least with supplied tips and fins. As you I have rather big ears, mine are also soft (to avoid word floppy :)). Also as for you the SQ is all what I want in wireless IEMs. I know the sound is there because if I press the buds with fingers I can hear the good vibe with decent soundstage, non-boomy but present bass that doesn't bleed into mids, forward and clear mids and sufficiently detailed treble (maybe sometimes too hot for my liking on certain tracks). The best combo I found is XL stock tips and a big fin. This combo stays secure when I'm vigorously working the elliptical trainer or when lying on a press bench. Problem is with isolation, as evident by the need to manually press the buds into my ears to get optimal sound. Otherwise it becomes quite unbalanced - booming bass and too bright highs with sibilant vocals. I ordered some large SpinFits to see if they'll rectify the issue. If not, my MW07 will go back where they came from, though in all honesty I like almost everything else about them.

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #2,363 of 62,474
^ Yep, same complaint as you guys. @eirunoopi I have the same exact issue, I just didn't know that part of my ear was called the "antihelix" :wink:. The MW07 fit super securely but they push against that part of my ear and just like you, started getting painful after 20-30 minutes.

I returned them to Best Buy yesterday. The Senn's still aren't sitting 100% right in my ears either (specifically the left one which is kinda weird). My Comply TrueGrip tips get delivered tonight so I'm hoping that helps the problem.

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #2,364 of 62,474
The MW07 is so good in so many respects but I just can't cotton the battery anxiety. 2hr is far too short. 3 I'd be good with since I wouldn't have to "portion" my use at the gym out, but when I'm getting beeps while lifting despite coming in at 100% that's just a dealbreaker. Sad face.

Nov 26, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #2,365 of 62,474
I have to decide if I should cancel my Sennheiser order. Reading the email I got after placing the order I see this statement. "We ask that any items packaged in clear plastic packaging be returned unopened." So it appears this is not a guarantee a person will like the product, just a guarantee they will take an unopened product back within 30 days of it being bought.

So same as buying at a store. I will check Amazon Canada out and if they allow returns may order from them instead. Just to expensive to buy something like this with zero recourse if you have some form of issue. Funny enough even their 2 year warranty just about includes nothing since most of the parts like the battery have a disclaimer against them.

"All New Products come with a 2 year warranty with the exception of parts, accessories, and rechargeable batteries, which may have a shorter service life. For additional information, see our general terms and conditions."

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #2,366 of 62,474
i finally tested the Sony WF SP700 and compare it to the SP900 briefly at the sony center. man... the bass on the SP700 is big! a bit much for me, but the bass is done in a good way and not to the point of covering the other frequency too much.

@SomeGuyDude how is the bass of the MW07 compared to the SP700? if i remember correctly you have both. is it louder in bass quantity compared to the SP700 or better in deeper extension and quality?

Nov 26, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #2,367 of 62,474
i finally tested the Sony WF SP700 and compare it to the SP900 briefly at the sony center. man... the bass on the SP700 is big! a bit much for me, but the bass is done in a good way and not to the point of covering the other frequency too much.

@SomeGuyDude how is the bass of the MW07 compared to the SP700? if i remember correctly you have both. is it louder in bass quantity compared to the SP700 or better in deeper extension and quality?

sp700 has stronger bass, rather noticeably so. MW07 just has better quality top to bottom, the bass "fills" the sound without sounding like it's built more for hip-hop/pop/rock. The treble on the MW07 might seem hot at first but once a moment passes and you adjust, the bass is really, really damn nice.

Nov 26, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #2,368 of 62,474
Just got the Comply TrueGrip Pro tips delivered. They fit the Senn's perfectly (make sure you push down firmly due to their "recessed core") and really help the fit. These things finally feel secure in my ears. I'll give them the proper test at the gym tomorrow but I definitely feel more confident compared to how these felt with the silicone tips.

Nov 26, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #2,369 of 62,474
On a kinda tangent, I picked up some ENACFIRE 18s on a Black Friday sale, and I gotta say I'm impressed. mids and highs are not bad at all (a little muffled) but bass is not as well controlled, and can become distorted (rarely though and depending on the song). Soundstage is not great. They are tiny though and fit most of my small-eared friends.

Overall, actually really not bad for the price (50-60 USD), I'd compare them to the wired AKGs that come with Samsung phones and a bit worse than my previous Beoplay e8s, more muffled with details. They seriously made me wonder if the sound quality difference is really worth the 250 difference to the Sennheisers.

They also seem to have really good standby, fell asleep with them and they still played my alarm tone when I woke up 7 hours later. Just thought it might be good as a secondary pair.

Just got the Comply TrueGrip Pro tips delivered. They fit the Senn's perfectly (make sure you push down firmly due to their "recessed core") and really help the fit. These things finally feel secure in my ears. I'll give them the proper test at the gym tomorrow but I definitely feel more confident compared to how these felt with the silicone tips.

I did the "shove foam behind the silicone eartip" thing, and it didn't seem to change the sound profile much, but significantly improved isolation. Will be interested to hear how the Complys work out!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back