1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. 1clearhead
    +1 I don't remember ZST sounding anything close to the ZSN with those harsh vocals and mid-bass slam resonating from the plastic housing, which the ZSN is the contrary to that -deeper sub-bass and non-harsh sounding vocals. Can't seem to figure out how they are compatable in signature. I sent them back after the burn-in trial several years back.

...still waiting on my black on black ZSN order. :ksc75smile:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    SybilLance and mbwilson111 like this.
  2. khighly
    I definitely feel the ZST is the lesser of the two, the ZSN with more clarity, but the sound signature isn't too different except sibilance on female vocals is non-existent. I've always enjoyed the ZST's as a cheap end IEM. ZSN to me is an upgrade to the ZST.

ShakyJake, jibberish and mbwilson111 like this.
  3. Degree
    I'm going to be giving the one of the ZSNs to my SO and well, she has a really small ear canal. Now even with the smallest eartips included we can't seem to make it fit even with the foam tips I've got from new bee. Without the tips they fit fine.. but that not ideal. Does anyone know any other tips that are smaller than these.. I'm not sure if they exist. She's been using the traditional flat earbuds all of her life as IEMs have always not fit/uncomfortable for her, but I would really want to find a IEM that works for her otherwise I might have to just get a Vido or Qian69.

Also I'm on my second day of using the ZSNs and I think I'm starting to like them and so far will most likely be using these as my dailies as they are way more comfortable than the KZ3s. Now when I say less lively, for me lively as in the warm bass-ness signature which I've gotten used to. The ZSNs are definitely more balanced which I'm starting to like.[​IMG]

I'd also agree to try to avoid "hype" on new products. For $20, these are definitely nice but don't expect it to be any more than really good value for the $20 budget range.
    I've also attached a picture of the cyans and purple, under 6500k temp. they are definitely cyan! [​IMG]:)

https://i.lensdump.com/i/Asmzbi.jpg

ShakyJake likes this.
  4. Slater
    Do you mind sharing the instructions?

5. mbwilson111
    Nice job of capturing the color. I have the purple that that is how it looks to me. When I googled "cyan" I got this from Wikipedia and the cyan ZSN fits right into this range. I wish my cyan one would hurry up and arrive. My husband is waiting for the black one.

[​IMG]

SybilLance likes this.
  6. Slater
    When did crinacle review the ZSN? Apparently I missed that boat. He is normally very critical of anything KZ.

7. maxxevv
    I haven't gone on to use the buttons for calls as I generally don't do it while listening to music. And I prefer to use the handphone interface for controls too. Can't help there unfortunately.

Sure! The instructions in chinese I got from TRN via Jim at NiceHCK. A little convoluted if its anything to begin with, as its not exactly in sequence.
    The module and phone pairing sequence in short is this:

1: Long press button on both modules for about 5 seconds for Left/Right pairing sequence.
    2. Once there, press the button on Right module 2 times quickly. The Left / Right are paired. You'll see the light on one of the module fades and turns offs. Left/Right Pairing is done.
    3. Switch off the modules.
    4. To pair with phone, long press for 3~5 seconds, and turn on BT module on handphone / laptop to search and pair. It will pair as per any normal BT module now.
    5. If left/right pairing fails, you can reset/redo the pairing by long pressing the buttons for both modules for 15 seconds to clear the memory. And repeat from Step 1.

Not too difficult if done correct as the double-click part was what duped me initially. I couldn't get it to pair properly as a pair either.

BT20 Instructions.jpg

20181127_095031~2.jpg 20181127_095105~2.jpg

8. Slater
    Make sure you test the BT10 when you get it, as many are internally wired out of phase.

9. Slater
  10. 1clearhead
    +1 Yup!...that's Cyan.:ok_hand:

...I also remember Barney being purple :point_right:
    O1CN0122ncHP0Q2DyHJzX_!!0-rate_jpg_400x400.jpg Barney.jpg

11. Zerohour88
    Ah, the wording might make it seem like crin reviewed the ZSN, I was just mentioning the type of reviews I prefer, not just specifically for KZ. To be fair, he's critical of everything, not just KZ (pretty sure he actually put the ZST and ZS3 above models from the likes of AAW and Shozy). His ranking is more or less based on his standards of "technical ability". And for most of the models in that list I tested, I agree with the standings.

Slater likes this.
  12. DocHoliday

Everybody remembers Barney...

...but it was Arnie that left the lasting impression.

Just couldn't resist.

At any rate, it looks like the same color of the ZST.

71eihc1sEBL (0).jpg

mbwilson111 likes this.
  13. Ted Presley
    IMG_20181126_162312.jpg This is my purple KZ ZSN, for 13 USD, it's a real bargain :).

14. MrMajony
    Where did you buy them for $ 13?

15. Ted Presley
    My local online shop, very good price + bonus a nice small earphone holder case. Really unbeatable price for the whole package.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018