1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. manjunath1915
    Is that type c cable?

2. Ted Presley
    Nope, it's 3.5mm jack, I plugged it into a 3.5mm to type C jack in the picture.

3. SybilLance
    I agree with Doc.

It seems clear enough that the enthusiasm generated by the ZSN not only here but elsewhere is not singularly premised on how superlative its sound is; but rather on how good it sounds plus how premium its aesthetics, build and feel are, and how much of an improvement it's 2-pin cable is, given its price.

Simply put, people are excited about, and are eagerly promoting, the ZSN from the proposition and standpoint of value.

Psst...notice how I didn't use that 4-letter noun that begins with h, contains y and p and ends with e?
    :yum: :kissing_heart:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  4. LaughMoreDaily

5. TLDRonin
    Im going to need some more clues to decipher this mystery word

LaughMoreDaily and SybilLance like this.
  6. webvan
    Which TRN IEMs are these ? I have the TRN V80 and I (and everyone else it seems) get very annoying noise floor/hiss with the TRN BT3 when the music is low in volume or between tracks, or after I hit pause for about 2/3 seconds. I don't get that hiss with the non-aptX control+battery on one side) KZ BT adapter.

s620 likes this.
  7. Zerohour88
    Review of the KZ ZSN by bisonicr:

http://bisonicr.ldblog.jp/archives/55734728.html

summary, he likes it a lot. Overall an improvement in terms of resolution and clarity even among KZ's own recent models in the same price bracket, not to mention the build quality. He also confirms that the 2 pin on ZSN is the same as qdc cables (not that they are even in the same stratosphere of price bracket, but the option's there).

ShakyJake likes this.
  8. randomnin
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Is it just me or do these graphs look uncannily similar up to 3kHz? It gives me the impression that ZS10, ZSN and ES4 have the same 10mm DD, identically tuned.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  9. Slater
    Looks like the V80 in the photo.

BTW, that isn’t me in the photo. It was just some random photo someone posted. I dont knkw if it’s an official TRN marketing photo, or some HF member’ photo.

10. dondonut
    So today I´ve been working on an experiment for 7h in a row, just now had my first break and I spill a full cup of coffee over myself because the elevator closed early. To console myself I just ordered the ZSN black :o2smile:

11. mbwilson111
    That makes perfect sense.

12. webvan
    ok thanks, I'm curious if someone here with the TRN V80 is getting the BT20 to see if it has the same terrible hiss problem as the BT3...

13. randomnin
    I guess he's a scientist who misjudged his body parameters and ran in the elevator door instead of making it through the opening. And easing any and every life's pain with new purchases is a pretty common trait amongst headfiers.

dondonut and mbwilson111 like this.
  14. blur.png
    huh, judging by the graph the ZSN is a combination of the zs10 and es4, they have the es4 like sound until around 10k and the zs10 for the rest

oh well i guess the wait for the zsn felt longer after reading this

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  15. Slater
    Hiss is indicative of sensitivity. It sounds like the v80 might just be sensitive IEMs. Not all that uncommon with some IEMs.

My Magaosi K5 are extremely sensitive. Depending on what source I use them with, they can hiss.

I recommend trying the BT3 with a different IEM.