1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. randomnin
    That's less likely since ZS10 has a BA that the other two don't and a more complex crossover. The 0-3000Hz looks so similar (overall shape and the distortion at 700-800hz, which is not present in ThePhonograph graphs of KZs with an 8mm DD, like ZS4) that it begs a conclusion about the DD used, while the high frequency similarity between ZSN and ZS10 looks more like a similarity of signature, not a downright mirroring of it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    blur.png likes this.
  2. webvan
    Yes there's a lot less hiss with using the KZ-ZS3 but it's not exactly the same SQ :wink: Also it's a design problem on the BT3 because the KZ BT (non aptX, controls+battery on the right) produces no audible hiss with the TRN V80. It's too bad the overall design isn't as good at the BT3's !

3. nicksson
    Today has arrived my ZSN. First impression, after about 1 hour of using it: the sound is really better than the ES4's sound - more clear, brighter, it seems like the stage is also larger. Almost perfectly balanced sound. More comfortable than ES4 (case like ZST).
    ZS10 and AS10 have even a larger stage and more details, but because ZSN is more comfortable this will be my favorite earphone along the day.

Superluc, CoiL, SybilLance and 5 others like this.
  4. Conest
    Gonna see this comment over n over again until my ZSN arrives...
    Hype !!!

1clearhead and HungryPanda like this.
  5. HungryPanda
    Still waiting for my ZSN to arrive.........

Conest likes this.
  6. mbwilson111
    Still waiting for my second pair of ZSNs to arrive... lol.

7. Podster
    Waiting on pairs 2,3,4 & 5 to arrive for X-Mas gifts:wink:

8. voicemaster
    It makes perfect Christmas gift for real.

LaughMoreDaily and Conest like this.
  9. voicemaster
    I can't wait for my AS10 to arrive from China. Is AS10 not comfortable? I know it is bigger size than ZSN, but I hope it is not as big as JH Roxanne.

10. nicksson
    No, I don't say that AS10 is not comfortable. AS10 looks like ZS10 and ES4, so their case is just a little bigger than ZSN. That is, AS10, ZS10 and ES4 comes a little out of my ear, so sometimes I look like Frankestein (from cartoons) with protruding earplugs.
    :ksc75smile:
    But I used to listen with AS10 for more then 6 hours in a row, with none discomfort, so keep waiting and then enjoy your AS10, it absolutely worth the money!

11. Bartig
    3709F592-A4BB-45E9-A808-8246E4774EE8.jpeg
    I'm sorry to be that guy. I think I'll be the first one to criticise the ZSN. I think KZ still hasn't mastered the finetuning of the upper mids. Female vocals sound upfront, but can also sound so blown up they lose their natural tonality. They can even sound a bit tinny.

Cymbals too can be a bit off. Try Team from Lorde for example. A dark, sweet sounding song but the cymbals (sorry, actually slaps here!) sound very loud, even piercing on the ZSN.

Happily, the upper mids are still better controlled than on the many KZ's released mid year.

Furthermore, the soundstage, instrument separarion and bass are definitely above average - a great lot of typical audiophile test tracks sound amazing on these! But to say this is the new king of budget IEM's, no, that is a bridge too far for me. Yet. Let's test it a little more. :)

Edits: added some more test notes :)

blur.png, dondonut, CoiL and 5 others like this.
  12. stryed
    Party pooper. Shame on you. :astonished:

dondonut and toddy0191 like this.
  13. Conest
    Yeaa seriously... Who talks like that ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14. voicemaster
    Tried that song (FLAC) and couldn't even notice any sibilance at all. I am using trn bt3 and foam tips with my ZSN. Have you burn in yours yet? I have probably over 200 hours with mine.

15. Bartig
    Not talking about sibilance, talking about cymbals coming in at too high volume - well at the volume I'm listening. Having them at lower volume, I don't have the problem.

CoiL likes this.