Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 26, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #2,327 of 62,305
Anyone having charging issues with the Senns? I used mine this morning for about 1.5hrs, placed them in the case, and when I came back to listen, they were dead. The case is showing as fully charged, green light, but the earphones are dead. Anyone had this? Looks like they might have to go back to Senn.

Looks like the right earbud is broken. Left one has power, nothign on the right.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #2,331 of 62,305
ouch, sorry to read that.

Only issue I have is 2.

EDIT: I was wondering as you're only one of two people in this thread that have relevant comply tips, are they cause blocking of the signal for recharging and and not stopping the music playing? Just curious, have you tried with the silicon tips only?

i want to think so but I have the same issues when using the silicon tips. btw, at selfridges yesterday, i saw the comply truly wireless foams but did not pick it up as a pack of 3 were £24.95 and I think they are the older versions. How is your MTW coming along?

so how do the 2 pairs compare? Have to say I am very tempted to get a pair of the Senns...

Senn's are much better - battery life and sound

Very true, it's also a problem with the WF-1000x with their pretty inefectvive less "Ambient noise" feature compared to say the same feature on the Jabra 65T.

The noise cancelling of the Sony's are so low-level.

Update!

No complaints on battery life, although I haven't drained them in one sitting so I really can't say exactly how long it lasts.

• The bad:
    • FIT: I'm having minor issues with fit when using silicone tips – I either need to keep readjusting them or they'll slowly slip out. The small tips fit horribly and provide zero isolation, the large tips provide good isolation but pop out quicker, and the medium tips are so far the goldilocks of the bunch – but they occasionally still pop out. This is expectedly worse while working out and sweat gets introduced to the equation. It really started distracting me from my workout when I thought these were going to pop out onto a gross gym floor.
    • TRANSPARENCY MODE: anyone else having issues getting into transparency mode? It's super inconsistent for me, it might only work once out of 5-7 attempts. I've tried different types of double-tapping on the right bud, but it really shouldn't be this difficult.
  • The good:
    • Still sound excellent
    • Foam tips make for a much better fit
      • I have some foam tips that fit pretty well, and they're miles better than the silicone. The friction of the foam really helps keep them in place. I've also ordered the Comply TrueGrip tips so I can check those out as well.
    • No complaints when I tested a phone call with it, although I was inside in a completely quiet room. Curious how it'd fare outside or in a noisier environment.

I have the same observations as you too, esp around fit. With transparency mode, I don't really feel too much of a diffeerence.

Anyone having charging issues with the Senns? I used mine this morning for about 1.5hrs, placed them in the case, and when I came back to listen, they were dead. The case is showing as fully charged, green light, but the earphones are dead. Anyone had this? Looks like they might have to go back to Senn.

Looks like the right earbud is broken. Left one has power, nothign on the right.

Same issues I have been having. Have to connect them back to the charger briefly before they go back to normal.

Thanks for this. Solved my problem!

It will appear again. Multiple resets don't fix it.

Is there anybody who can give an idea call quality of rha true connect and Senn. Mtw? By the way, I couldn’t find any shop which has stock for senn. in The Netherlands.

So far so good.

On another note - torn if I should return them and get something else. Battery life isn't stellar, so many bugs esp around charging, buds going dead halfway etc.

Nov 26, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #2,332 of 62,305
Battery life, yes, although there appear to be some "bugs", but are you sure the SQ of the Sennheiser is "much better" than the WF-1000x ? The WF-1000x already provide an excellent experience and in spite of some extensive side by side comparisons using two Android phones I was hard pressed to pick a favorite between them and the 2xBA+2xDD TRN V80, and that was in the quiet of my office, so out and about or at the gym...

Nov 26, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #2,333 of 62,305
Battery life, yes, although there appear to be some "bugs", but are you sure the SQ of the Sennheiser is "much better" than the WF-1000x ? The WF-1000x already provide an excellent experience and in spite of some extensive side by side comparisons using two Android phones I was hard pressed to pick a favorite between them and the 2xBA+2xDD TRN V80, and that was in the quiet of my office, so out and about or at the gym...

To my ears, yes.

Also, I tried the MW07 this weekend. The sound is not as good as the Sennheiser's. A bit muddy, esp the vocals and need to pump the volume up higher.... The fit though, is better.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #2,334 of 62,305
Since you describe the differences between the MW07 and STW could you do the same between the WF-1000x and the Senn TW ?

Nov 26, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #2,335 of 62,305
Update!

No complaints on battery life, although I haven't drained them in one sitting so I really can't say exactly how long it lasts.

• The bad:
    • FIT: I'm having minor issues with fit when using silicone tips – I either need to keep readjusting them or they'll slowly slip out. The small tips fit horribly and provide zero isolation, the large tips provide good isolation but pop out quicker, and the medium tips are so far the goldilocks of the bunch – but they occasionally still pop out. This is expectedly worse while working out and sweat gets introduced to the equation. It really started distracting me from my workout when I thought these were going to pop out onto a gross gym floor.
    • TRANSPARENCY MODE: anyone else having issues getting into transparency mode? It's super inconsistent for me, it might only work once out of 5-7 attempts. I've tried different types of double-tapping on the right bud, but it really shouldn't be this difficult.
  • The good:
    • Still sound excellent
    • Foam tips make for a much better fit
      • I have some foam tips that fit pretty well, and they're miles better than the silicone. The friction of the foam really helps keep them in place. I've also ordered the Comply TrueGrip tips so I can check those out as well.
    • No complaints when I tested a phone call with it, although I was inside in a completely quiet room. Curious how it'd fare outside or in a noisier environment.

Same with Transparency, and sometimes with turning it back on too. I don't know why they didn't use the one-press for Transparency, I feel like I'd be using that alot more than launching Assistant. Hopefully it's fixed with a firmware update. Ideally I'd love to be able to customise/reassign the touch patterns.

Nov 26, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #2,336 of 62,305
Same with Transparency, and sometimes with turning it back on too. I don't know why they didn't use the one-press for Transparency, I feel like I'd be using that alot more than launching Assistant. Hopefully it's fixed with a firmware update. Ideally I'd love to be able to customise/reassign the touch patterns.

Yep, even after a reset it's still a little janky (but better than it was before). There's still a couple times where it doesn't activate or it activates Siri instead.

I'm with you though, customizing those gestures would be awesome but I'm not holding my breath.

Nov 26, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #2,337 of 62,305
Since you describe the differences between the MW07 and STW could you do the same between the WF-1000x and the Senn TW ?

The battery life definitely drops faster. Bluetooth connectivity is not as rock solid (i.e. some stutters, drop-outs). Also, the the details are not as good as you get on the Senn's. Soundstage too slightly narrower. Again, to my ears only. You might have a different experience.

Nov 26, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #2,338 of 62,305
I admit I'm not a mathemagician but if it's losing 25% per hour then that's a 4 hour battery life.
Well it wasn't 4 hours on the head, it was close though about 3hrs 50mins which is pretty enough good for me.

I have written to sennheiser regarding these issues that people are reporting, I'm hoping they reply with an acknowledgement and look into it

Nov 26, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #2,340 of 62,305
The battery life definitely drops faster. Bluetooth connectivity is not as rock solid (i.e. some stutters, drop-outs). Also, the the details are not as good as you get on the Senn's. Soundstage too slightly narrower. Again, to my ears only. You might have a different experience.
Oh I didn't specify it again but I was referring to the SQ, no argument that the WF-1000xs are generally weak for battery life and BT in crowded environments, it's more on SQ that your comment had me intrigued since there's been a consensus that until recently they were the best in class. So based on your latest comments it doesn't sound that the Senn's SQ is "much better" than the WF-1000x after all :wink: Like I said above based on my own testing, unless you do a side-by-side listening test with two devices playing the same music it's hard to come to any conclusions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back