Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 25, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #2,296 of 62,402
Er... how wouldn't it? I'm confused by the question. What is there to test here?

If it is the master or the slave bud that drains the faster.

On the E8 there is a bigger battery in the master than the slave to counter the higher power consumption of the master

Nov 25, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #2,297 of 62,402
If it is the master or the slave bud that drains the faster.

On the E8 there is a bigger battery in the master than the slave to counter the higher power consumption of the master

I'm saying it doesn't matter because if after 4 hours one of the sides is dead. It doesn't matter which one unless you need an extra half hour with one earbud for some reason.

Nov 25, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #2,298 of 62,402
I'm saying it doesn't matter because if after 4 hours one of the sides is dead. It doesn't matter which one unless you need an extra half hour with one earbud for some reason.

No you are right what matters is how long the shortest lasting bud lasts

Nov 25, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #2,300 of 62,402
On my Sennheiser MTW, the right (master) drains slightly faster than than the left (slave) on mine. This shouldn’t be too much of a surprise given the right side has the microphone and the BT radio. I believe the left side is NFMI. I haven’t had a chance to do a full rundown, but I can say 4 hrs is probably the most you’ll get.

Staring at battery percentages is pointless though. Content, volume, radio interference, etc. all contribute to your battery life. Keep listening until they quit. If they quit before you want them to, they’re probably not the ones for you. For what I need these for, these are spectacular sounding buds, and ones I’m happy to retire my B&O E8s for.

Nov 25, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #2,301 of 62,402
I have now exclusively used the Havit G1 for 2 weeks after having had the Beoplay E8 for over a year since the day they were released. Have not tried any other true wireless iem’s.

Build quality seems to be about a draw although I wont really know how the G1 stand up until having used them for a year. G1 is ipx5 whereas E8 is unrated but described as splash proof.

Battery life on a charge is about equal at roughly 4 hours but the G1 case holds more charges than the E8 case. The G1 case is smaller but more square.

Fit and comfort are fine for me on both but the G1 is probably more secure with vigorous activity due to the finns.

Mic and call quality is about equal and not stellar but good enough for my use. The G1 only does calls in the right ear but E8 in both.

I much prefer the touch control on the E8 ti the single button on the G1. Can’t do volume on the G1.

I miss the transparency mode on the G1 that the E8 has.

Isolation is about equal but with the E8 marginally better.

The G1 connection is rock solid, have not had a single drop out in 2 weeks. E8 has random very short left unit drop outs though not enough to really bother me. G1 is bt5, E8 is bt42.

There is no app or fw update for the G1.

The E8 probably has the slightly better SQ but in normal ambient noise environment I don’t really notice any difference. Both are good enough for me out and about.

No noticeable video lag on either.

All this using an iPhone 8 with on board 320kb aac music files, YouTube videos and iTunes movies.

The E8 cost about 4 times as much.

I concur with your impressions. I bought a Havit G1 based on your recommendation and think they're only slightly inferior to the Earin M-2 and Sennheiser Momentum TW. In ambient noise environment, the difference is almost negligible imo. Overall, these are very good bang for the buck.

Here's a DF-compensated measurement of the Havit G1 on my miniDSP Ears rig. The bass range is up to 10dB stronger than the mids, which makes them sound a bit boomy at home, but isn't that bad for noisy environment. Treble has a spike around 10kHz, which makes them sound slightly sharp or sizzly with some stuff (red graph). However, this can easily be improved with a 3M-micropore or teabag filter in front of the nozzle (green graph):

Havit G1 stock vs. damped.jpg

Nov 25, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #2,302 of 62,402
I have the WF-1000X and am supposed to get my Senns today. I'll comment back after I give the new pair a fair shake. Am excited about this comparison, have a feeling it'll be neck-and-neck!
so how do the 2 pairs compare? Have to say I am very tempted to get a pair of the Senns...

Nov 25, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #2,303 of 62,402
so how do the 2 pairs compare? Have to say I am very tempted to get a pair of the Senns...

Haven't gotten the Senn's yet, shipping delay :frowning2:

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #2,304 of 62,402
Which was exactly my point. The quoted time is 4 hours. If that's for the master, it's fine. If that's for the slave, and the master drains even quicker, then it's less fine.

I can say with confidence that the time given isn't counting time sitting with only one functioning earbud. :p

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #2,305 of 62,402
I concur with your impressions. I bought a Havit G1 based on your recommendation and think they're only slightly inferior to the Earin M-2 and Sennheiser Momentum TW. In ambient noise environment, the difference is almost negligible imo. Overall, these are very good bang for the buck.

Here's a DF-compensated measurement of the Havit G1 on my miniDSP Ears rig. The bass range is up to 10dB stronger than the mids, which makes them sound a bit boomy at home, but isn't that bad for noisy environment. Treble has a spike around 10kHz, which makes them sound slightly sharp or sizzly with some stuff (red graph). However, this can easily be improved with a 3M-micropore or teabag filter in front of the nozzle (green graph):

the only drawback from the havit g1 for me is the lack of hear through/ambient sound. i thought i didn't need this feature at first i use TWs, but now the more i use them the more i find that feature convenient

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #2,306 of 62,402
Very true, it's also a problem with the WF-1000x with their pretty inefectvive less "Ambient noise" feature compared to say the same feature on the Jabra 65T.

Nov 25, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #2,307 of 62,402
Fun fact.

I tried yet another set of Jabras today with a completely different phone (Pixel 3). Result? There's still a terrible left-side hiss.

At this point I absolutely refuse to believe they all don't have it. There is no way I've tried five sets from Best Buys in multiple cities and just happened to get 5 out of 5 faulty sets. Not possible. I'd put down money everyone's has it but not everyone can hear it, because this is driving me absolutely insane. It's not some phantom thing, either, because the Jabra 65t (elite or active) is the only set I've heard with it. I'm aware of a touch of white noise on Bluetooth headsets. This isn't that. This is the left earbud making a distinct, audible hiss any time it's in "active" mode. Pause a song and it's there for a few seconds. That gap between songs? Hiss. Quiet section of a track? Hiss.

I seriously want to meet up with someone who says theirs doesn't do it and listen to them. Just so I can understand What is happening.k

Nov 25, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #2,308 of 62,402
Fun fact.

I tried yet another set of Jabras today with a completely different phone (Pixel 3). Result? There's still a terrible left-side hiss.

At this point I absolutely refuse to believe they all don't have it. There is no way I've tried five sets from Best Buys in multiple cities and just happened to get 5 out of 5 faulty sets. Not possible. I'd put down money everyone's has it but not everyone can hear it, because this is driving me absolutely insane. It's not some phantom thing, either, because the Jabra 65t (elite or active) is the only set I've heard with it. I'm aware of a touch of white noise on Bluetooth headsets. This isn't that. This is the left earbud making a distinct, audible hiss any time it's in "active" mode. Pause a song and it's there for a few seconds. That gap between songs? Hiss. Quiet section of a track? Hiss.

I seriously want to meet up with someone who says theirs doesn't do it and listen to them. Just so I can understand What is happening.k

Funnily enough this is exactly how I feel about the mw07 but I've only gone through 2 sets. Fwiw I do not notice hiss on my jabras. Noise floor seems very low. I feel like it HAS to be on all of them.

Nov 25, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #2,309 of 62,402
I definitely have that left side hiss (and imbalance) when the 65Ts are connected to my laptop but not to my Android phones (Lenovo P2 and Nokia 8), I must admit it's a bit hard to understand why...

Nov 25, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #2,310 of 62,402
I definitely have that left side hiss (and imbalance) when the 65Ts are connected to my laptop but not to my Android phones (Lenovo P2 and Nokia 8), I must admit it's a bit hard to understand why...

On the mw07 I noticed the hiss got louder taking phone calls and then lowered for music. I wonder if it's an issue with the mic and gain settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back