Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 24, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #2,281 of 62,401
My Sennheiser TW left earbud drains at least 30% less than the right. But the recharge time is quite fast. Right earbud takes 15 minutes to get to 50% at least. Usually around 60 after a 15m charge. I get 4h battery life at 75% volume.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #2,282 of 62,401
My Sennheiser TW left earbud drains at least 30% more than the right. But the recharge time is quite fast. Right earbud takes 15 minutes to get to 50% at least. Usually around 60 after a 15m charge. I get 4h battery life at 75% volume.
I hope they fix this bug. Several have reported this.

Nov 24, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #2,283 of 62,401
I have now exclusively used the Havit G1 for 2 weeks after having had the Beoplay E8 for over a year since the day they were released. Have not tried any other true wireless iem’s.

Build quality seems to be about a draw although I wont really know how the G1 stand up until having used them for a year. G1 is ipx5 whereas E8 is unrated but described as splash proof.

Battery life on a charge is about equal at roughly 4 hours but the G1 case holds more charges than the E8 case. The G1 case is smaller but more square.

Fit and comfort are fine for me on both but the G1 is probably more secure with vigorous activity due to the finns.

Mic and call quality is about equal and not stellar but good enough for my use. The G1 only does calls in the right ear but E8 in both.

I much prefer the touch control on the E8 ti the single button on the G1. Can’t do volume on the G1.

I miss the transparency mode on the G1 that the E8 has.

Isolation is about equal but with the E8 marginally better.

The G1 connection is rock solid, have not had a single drop out in 2 weeks. E8 has random very short left unit drop outs though not enough to really bother me. G1 is bt5, E8 is bt42.

There is no app or fw update for the G1.

The E8 probably has the slightly better SQ but in normal ambient noise environment I don’t really notice any difference. Both are good enough for me out and about.

No noticeable video lag on either.

All this using an iPhone 8 with on board 320kb aac music files, YouTube videos and iTunes movies.

The E8 cost about 4 times as much.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #2,284 of 62,401
My Sennheiser TW left earbud drains at least 30% more than the right. But the recharge time is quite fast. Right earbud takes 15 minutes to get to 50% at least. Usually around 60 after a 15m charge. I get 4h battery life at 75% volume.

That's still... alarming. So after 4h that's when the left starts dying?

Nov 24, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #2,285 of 62,401

Apologies this video isn't in English. Cambridge Audio just debuted their true wireless earbuds at a Hong Kong audio fair this past weekend, called "Melomania 1". Literally could not find any other information online as this is the first time they're showing them off anywhere. You can see shots of the earbuds starting at 1:23, and a list of specs/features if you pause at 2:16.

Bluetooth 5.0, AptX and AptX low latency, IPX5, and here's the big one - 6hrs per charge for the earbuds and 50hrs of extra charge from the case!!! Guy claims they used a new chipset that lowers power consumption by 50%.

He says they will retail for GBP130 but no mention of when they will hit the shelves. Is anybody familiar with the brand Cambridge Audio at all??

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #2,286 of 62,401
AFAIK Cambridge was always more into the amp/preamp/DAC side of things. I've never heard of them making headphones. Very well respected brand but I have no idea what to expect here...

Nov 24, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #2,287 of 62,401

Apologies this video isn't in English. Cambridge Audio just debuted their true wireless earbuds at a Hong Kong audio fair this past weekend, called "Melomania 1". Literally could not find any other information online as this is the first time they're showing them off anywhere. You can see shots of the earbuds starting at 1:23, and a list of specs/features if you pause at 2:16.

Bluetooth 5.0, AptX and AptX low latency, IPX5, and here's the big one - 6hrs per charge for the earbuds and 50hrs of extra charge from the case!!! Guy claims they used a new chipset that lowers power consumption by 50%.

He says they will retail for GBP130 but no mention of when they will hit the shelves. Is anybody familiar with the brand Cambridge Audio at all??

I only know them from their PC speaker components, they're decent, and their prices vary widely. They mostly do hifi audio equipment, so I'm not surprised they're jumping in.

RE: The Senn's I just noticed that I've had to charge the left buds twice, at first it was at 87% and now it was a t 96% so Im charging them again, ther'es obviously an issue there. Going to report this to Sennheiser.

Nov 25, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #2,289 of 62,401
I only know them from their PC speaker components, they're decent, and their prices vary widely. They mostly do hifi audio equipment, so I'm not surprised they're jumping in.

RE: The Senn's I just noticed that I've had to charge the left buds twice, at first it was at 87% and now it was a t 96% so Im charging them again, ther'es obviously an issue there. Going to report this to Sennheiser.

Man this left/right thing really isn't that confidence inspiring.

Nov 25, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #2,290 of 62,401
Received the Sennheiser TW's a couple of days ago and have noticed a couple of issues compared to my Jabra 65T's.

Unlike the Jabra's the Senn's can only connect to one device at at time which means I have to continually unpair and repair when moving from my iPhone to my iPad. I loved the fact I could just pop the Jabra's in and out and they would instantly connect to whichever of the two i was using regardless of which one was used last.

I've also noticed the issue with the left earbud discharging much faster than the right, sometimes as much as 20% difference. I haven't run both earbuds fully down though so don't know if this is just a glitch with the app regarding displaying the remaining charge.

On the positive side though these buds sound amazing in my opinion, much better than the Jabra's. They're clearer, have a wider soundstage and the bass thumps. They also fit well and are comfortable to use through long listening sessions. No lag when watching videos either.

Hopefully Sennheiser can correct the flaws I mentioned via firmware updates to make these a truly outstanding product.

Nov 25, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #2,291 of 62,401
Has anyone tested whether the faster-draining side on the Senns is the thing that governs the overall battery life? i.e., if the left earbud last 3.5-4 hours, but the right lasts 5, then it's probably not an issue...

Nov 25, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #2,295 of 62,401
Has anyone tested whether the faster-draining side on the Senns is the thing that governs the overall battery life? i.e., if the left earbud last 3.5-4 hours, but the right lasts 5, then it's probably not an issue...

Er... how wouldn't it? I'm confused by the question. What is there to test here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back