Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 22, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #2,161 of 62,311
I've just received my Senn'. They're charging.
First thing, the bags of the tips could be open and reopen. The box is quite small (14,5 cmx 8,5 cm / 5,7 in x 3,3 in), of the same than the charging box (L = 7,8 cm x W = 4,4 cm x H = 3 cm / L = 3,07 in x W = 1,73 in x H = 1,18 in).
A few longer than the jabra 65 T Active (1,8 cm more / 0,70 in more)
The magnetic system to put your TW in the charging box is really efficient.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #2,162 of 62,311
Lucky you ! So in light of the bag situation it seems one could order from Senn and send them back if not happy :wink:

By the way where do you see that "plastic bag" policy on the Sennheiser website ? I looked at the FAQ here https://fr-fr.sennheiser.com/boutique-faqs but see no mention of it ? Or on the Digital River page.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #2,163 of 62,311
First thing, the bags of the tips could be open and reopen. The box is quite small (14,5 cmx 8,5 cm / 5,7 in x 3,3 in), of the same than the charging box (L = 7,8 cm x W = 4,4 cm x H = 3 cm / L = 3,07 in x W = 1,73 in x H = 1,18 in).
Would love to hear your feedback with regards to stability of connection and sound quality.
I know they don’t compare price wise but have been trying a pair of Pamuscroll TWs and the left earbud keeps cutting out intermittently in various environments... I know that it’s common in train stations and busy spots with countless WiFi hotspots... but either this pamuscroll is faulty or not usable in places like Tokyo and Hong Kong...
Keep us posted pls. ☺️

Nov 22, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #2,164 of 62,311
First time post, but I've been following this thread for quite a while now.
I got the MW07 a few days ago and I've been testing it with a variety of music. From reading comments on the thread, I was wary of the supposedly short battery life, but expected good bass, clarity, and isolation.

Initial impressions were rather underwhelming. It didn't have much bass, and I had to resort to cranking up the low frequencies on the Spotify app equaliser. Even then, there wasn't much bass, and I thought perhaps other people's expectations of "bass-heavy" were quite different from mine. The sound seemed pretty good otherwise in terms of clarity, but I wanted more bass, so I was ready to return it.

Two things have changed my mind. One-- I realised I was swivelling the earbuds in the opposite direction to how they were supposed to be turned. For the right earbud, facing into my ear, they are meant to be turned anticlockwise; I had a better fit turning them clockwise. This directs the nozzle into my ear canal. Two-- I tried changing the tips and wings. I have large ears, so I used the larger wings that came with the earbuds. That helped a bit. For the tips, I tried using the smaller and larger ones that came in the package but it didn't help much. The isolation wasn't great either, so I tried switching the tips with some on my other cheap earbuds which I knew to have good isolation. This improved the isolation massively, and subsequently, the bass as well.

With these changes, they sound radically different. They now have a very satisfying thud for low freq beats, and great isolation. It's still pretty dependent on finding a good fit (I need to twist them in a certain way until they are snug), but once I do, it produces as much bass as I want, along with good clarity of sound.

If I had to compare these to headphones, I'd say they sound like my DT770s but with a little more in the mid freq range, and a smaller soundstage.

I'd like to try out the Sennheisers for comparison, but I'm very happy with these as they are.

edit: I also want to point out that they have 0 lag when I watch videos on my iPhone and Mac. The mic seems fine too.
Nice! Very much my story. My ears are also rather big and I had hard time fitting mw07. Finally found combo with good fit and isolation - stock XL ear tips and large fins. They indeed are very sensitive to how you wrestle them into ears. After that to me they sound exceptional, wireless or not. Maybe even a little too much bass on some tracks. With battery so far my pair lasts around 3 hours and few minutes before starting to beep annoyingly. That’s enough for my usage but I wish like 65t they had an app that would show the charge level. I usually set volume at max on my S8 and adjust it downward from the left bud.

Nov 22, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #2,165 of 62,311
Would be great if your share call quality of Senns MTW.

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #2,166 of 62,311
Lucky you ! So in light of the bag situation it seems one could order from Senn and send them back if not happy :wink:

By the way where do you see that "plastic bag" policy on the Sennheiser website ? I looked at the FAQ here https://fr-fr.sennheiser.com/boutique-faqs but see no mention of it ? Or on the Digital River page.
This is what is written in my confirmation order's mail from Sennheinser. I let you the exact mentions in french :

INFORMATIONS SUR LES RETOURS

Vous pouvez renvoyer votre commande dans les 30 jours à compter de la réception de la marchandise. Sennheiser garantit l'acceptation des articles renvoyés et assurera un remboursement intégral au cours de cette période. Veuillez conserver une copie de votre bon de livraison, fourni avec votre commande, pour vos dossiers. Nous exigeons que tous les articles fournis en emballage plastique transparent soient renvoyés non ouverts.

Pour effectuer un retour, veuillez nous contacter ici.

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #2,167 of 62,311
ok thanks, couldn't find that info on their site. It seems you'd need to request a return on the website too and not just send them back out like they say in that email ?

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #2,168 of 62,311
Senns arrived today. So far, nice product, easy pairing with Android. Bit underwhelmed with the choice of tips but can't have everything. The phone has BT5 so will be interested to see if it helps with connection stability, something my earins have struggled with when the device is not placed exactly right.

The charging case feels premium with its magnet closure and mags for the earbuds. Not sure on the long term durability of the fabric but it feels nice now.

Charging seemed to be pretty quick

Just started listening, sound is good, quite even. I have the Earin m2 as well, the senns are less bassy and have a nicer more well rounded sound. Early days though.

Sennheiser app is ok, EQ seems a bit basic. Seems to be able to make firmware updates via it too.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #2,169 of 62,311
All the talk of "neutral" and "not bassy" in reference to the Senns kinda puts me off of wanting them. Maybe it's a good thing BB didn't have them in stock.

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #2,170 of 62,311
Would be great if your share call quality of Senns MTW.
I try to call contacts but they were occupied so I was transferred to their answering machine. So I just try to call myself and the result is less good than the Jabra 65 T active.
You have to launch "Transparent Hearing" option otherwise you hear weakly your own voice. Even with the TH option, it's not perfect.
I listen the result on my answering machine. We hear the voice but the sound is little low. And I was inside with no noise at all. So, according to me, outside, with people and sounds, I don't use often this TW fot this use, especially for long calls
The jabra do it really better.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #2,171 of 62,311
Which makes sense, since Jabra made their name for communication devices and Senn made theirs with audio.

Nov 22, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #2,172 of 62,311
Would love to hear your feedback with regards to stability of connection and sound quality.
I know they don’t compare price wise but have been trying a pair of Pamuscroll TWs and the left earbud keeps cutting out intermittently in various environments... I know that it’s common in train stations and busy spots with countless WiFi hotspots... but either this pamuscroll is faulty or not usable in places like Tokyo and Hong Kong...
Keep us posted pls. ☺️
I can't answer you now for the stability of the connection because I'm at home and can't move before 6 PM, but I don't have any disconnection yet.
For the SQ, I prefer a little the sound reproduction of the MWO7. But the Senn propose very correct soundstage and sound balance, according to me better than Jabra 65.
I coudn't say that they are totally neutral, but they are quite well balanced.
The middle and the high are very good, well retranscipted. I have to play with the EQ of my app Onkyo HF Player to adjust a little the low and I find the perfect signature for me.
Of course, it's not the same quality of a good wired IEM but it's enough for my use.
The EQ of the Senn's app is, for me, really too much simplified. You have to move up and down, right or left, no indication of KHertz at all.
the Senn' are enough powerfull. More powerfull than the Jabra and a little less than the MW07.
I prefer the ergonomy of the Jabra because for the Senn' you have to touch, double touch, triple touch, hold touch right or left ear.
Overall I am very satisfied and I will keep them.

Nov 22, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #2,173 of 62,311
The more I'm reading the more likely I'm just staying with the MW07. Big thanks to everyone for the impressions thus far!

Nov 22, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #2,174 of 62,311
Thanks for the first user feedback on the Senns. How's the fit compared to the 65Ts that are those that work best for me, fit/comfort/Isolation/ease of placement. They could just be a tad deeper.

Nov 22, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #2,175 of 62,311
Thanks for the first user feedback on the Senns. How's the fit compared to the 65Ts that are those that work best for me, fit/comfort/Isolation/ease of placement. They could just be a tad deeper.
It depends obviously of each shape ear, but I've no pb with the fit of the Senn's, either with the jabra.
On the other hand, if we want to adjust the volume you have to hold your TW (righ for up and left for less), it moves a little your fit if you press too hard.
But generally, the fit is as good as my jabra. I can turn and move my head quickly several times and the TW won't fall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back