Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 22, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #2,176 of 62,628
ok thanks, they probably stick out a bit more than the Jabras ?

Nov 22, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #2,177 of 62,628
It depends obviously of each shape ear, but I've no pb with the fit of the Senn's, either with the jabra.
On the other hand, if we want to adjust the volume you have to hold your TW (righ for up and left for less), it moves a little your fit if you press too hard.
But generally, the fit is as good as my jabra. I can turn and move my head quickly several times and the TW won't fall
Does it stick out really out. Would u see yourself wearing this out for commute.?
i used to make fun of people with airpods. atleast it looks fine now :)

Nov 22, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #2,178 of 62,628
AirPods just look stupid, so you can still make fun of them. But really, why does anyone care what they look like? I can't see my ears, and frankly if the sound quality is good enough I don't give a toss what other people think. Most people on headfi walk around with full sized headphones looking like Cybermen and don't give it a second thought...

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #2,179 of 62,628
AirPods just look stupid, so you can still make fun of them. But really, why does anyone care what they look like? I can't see my ears, and frankly if the sound quality is good enough I don't give a toss what other people think. Most people on headfi walk around with full sized headphones looking like Cybermen and don't give it a second thought...

Dudes are taking ZMF and MrSpeakers monstrosities out in public and people are quibbling over a quarter inch of an earbud jutting out.

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #2,180 of 62,628
Here are some pics from my phone. Charging them now.

Attachments

• E1A0D200-277E-4480-A5E8-3F1EF81EE9C3.jpeg
    E1A0D200-277E-4480-A5E8-3F1EF81EE9C3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 784A5848-7548-4A17-ACED-08831DC5F342.jpeg
    784A5848-7548-4A17-ACED-08831DC5F342.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Nov 22, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #2,182 of 62,628
I haven't received my Senns yet but the consensus so far seems to be that the bass is lacking. Can it at least be EQ'd without distortion? Comparable to IE80?

I managed to pick up the Vegas yesterday for $900 so I may end up just selling the Senns if their bass isn't good enough.

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #2,183 of 62,628
It's really weird to me that the Senn would be bass light. Aside from the Momentum line generally being more "consumer" tuned, a TWE is something intended to be used on the go, when elevated bass is pretty necessary to be heard over external noise. People aren't buying them to sit in a silent study and listen free of any sound in the environment.

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #2,184 of 62,628
Just got home to find my pair had arrived. Gave a quick charge, then had a little play round.

Default tips fit me fine, I was shaking my head vigorously, no movement.

Touch controls are cool, and work effectively, as is transparent mode which I find incredibly useful.

The sound from the quick demo I gave them was impressive. Fantastic highs and mid-range, bass is ever present, if a little boomy, but thats coming from Momentum Wireless Over Ears which have fantastic bass.

Love the case, so beautiful :)

Overall my early impressions are that these are a great buy. Thank you Sennheiser!

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #2,186 of 62,628
So my Sennheisers TW came today, they're pretty good.

Have had a busy day, not much time - but here are my quick impressions:

The case is okay, not as premium feeling as the RHA one. Open/close mechanism actually feels cheap / plasticy. I think the LED light is 3x colour stage so that's fine for battery indication.

Earbuds are extremely comfortable, fantastic fit.

I think there is a good deal of Bass. I wouldn't say it was flat, more bass-heavy..... If anyone says they're light on bass well they must be "bass-heads".

The clarity overall is great, I'm going to keep them and return the RHAs.

EQ is pretty basic, I'd use another app instead to play around with it. Gestures are okay, and when you remove the right earbud it pauses the music 80% of the time. Swipe gestures to change song would've been better than tapping.

They get very loud - the headphones/phone have separate volume levels. That reviewer who said they were quiet obviously didn't test them properly.

I think the battery life will be more than 3h, haven't tested the charging time yet.

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #2,187 of 62,628
For reference, I am an avid user of Bluetooth Over Ear Headphones, and as such this is the first pair of true wireless I've owned.

I'm coming from the PX, XM3, QC35i, Momentum Over Ear.

The bass is plentiful, a lil less than the XM3 that have a slightly emphasised low end, but more than the PX's more neutral signature.

It doesn't muddy the mid-range, which is where these guys truly shine in my opinion.

Can't comment on the MW07.

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #2,188 of 62,628
I noticed today that the UK Sennheiser site has MTW in stock for immediate shipment. So I've cancelled my Amazon peeorder and gone direct, as they should arrive in 2 business days. I'll return the Jabras unless the Senns are indistinguishable from them, which it sounds like they won't be.

The reviews so far are great, but can anyone compare the relative SQ and bass to the 65Ts?

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #2,189 of 62,628
Does it stick out really out. Would u see yourself wearing this out for commute.?
i used to make fun of people with airpods. atleast it looks fine now :)
It does stick out a little but it's not important.
Honnestly, I used to wear demo IEM (Fitear 335 DW) during 2 years and it was excessivelly more important and it didn't bother me.
These TW are a little bit bigger than the jabra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back