Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 21, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #2,146 of 62,632
They've shipped already!

Oh it's coming from Germany, so I guess I have to wait till Friday or Saturday, doubt they'll arrive tomorrow.
Did you not follow the tracking email from sennheiser?

It says mine are arriving tomorrow. Very excited after the other reviews mentioned 3+ hour battery at max volume with a 1h charge time. I will test them out properly over the next few days and report my findings.

Nov 21, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #2,147 of 62,632

It says mine are arriving tomorrow. Very excited after the other reviews mentioned 3+ hour battery at max volume with a 1h charge time. I will test them out properly over the next few days and report my findings.

It had no estimated date at the time I clicked it, just said dispatch from germany, then a refresh a little later shows Friday for me. I would upgrade the delivery to tomorrow if I could, but alas no option. Unless you guys know if UPS offer upgrading of delivery to a faster speed?

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #2,148 of 62,632
Anyone tried the Mavin Air-X? They use the QCC3026 so have longer battery life and some other benefits. Use some weird tips though, hopefully standard ones can be used too. Not available in the UK yet but looks like they are on Amazon US if anyone is interested. They don't come up for me when searched directly on Amazon but can be found through google. Also there are some reviews on Amazon Japan but not sure I trust those.

the claim for that battery is pretty...bold. I can't find a solid review on these and its project on Indigogo seems to be canceled. Still....very curious

getting one on friday I think, just out of curiosity.
looking forward to your impression :)

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #2,149 of 62,632

Definitely curious to hear. If no Best Buys are actually getting them in stock I'll be ordering a set pretty shortly myself.

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #2,150 of 62,632
anyone 2pin bluetooth cable that is good? Not considering Lear and AAW

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #2,151 of 62,632
Interesting, Sennheiser is offering a 30 day return guarantee on these in Canada. So they are pretty confident. I will wait for some early reviews but a chance I might buy these since I can actually return them if unhappy with them.

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #2,152 of 62,632
Nov 22, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #2,153 of 62,632
I mean reviews impressions here plus a more technical reviews. That review sure makes it tempting to pull the trigger though :)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #2,154 of 62,632
First time post, but I've been following this thread for quite a while now.
I got the MW07 a few days ago and I've been testing it with a variety of music. From reading comments on the thread, I was wary of the supposedly short battery life, but expected good bass, clarity, and isolation.

Initial impressions were rather underwhelming. It didn't have much bass, and I had to resort to cranking up the low frequencies on the Spotify app equaliser. Even then, there wasn't much bass, and I thought perhaps other people's expectations of "bass-heavy" were quite different from mine. The sound seemed pretty good otherwise in terms of clarity, but I wanted more bass, so I was ready to return it.

Two things have changed my mind. One-- I realised I was swivelling the earbuds in the opposite direction to how they were supposed to be turned. For the right earbud, facing into my ear, they are meant to be turned anticlockwise; I had a better fit turning them clockwise. This directs the nozzle into my ear canal. Two-- I tried changing the tips and wings. I have large ears, so I used the larger wings that came with the earbuds. That helped a bit. For the tips, I tried using the smaller and larger ones that came in the package but it didn't help much. The isolation wasn't great either, so I tried switching the tips with some on my other cheap earbuds which I knew to have good isolation. This improved the isolation massively, and subsequently, the bass as well.

With these changes, they sound radically different. They now have a very satisfying thud for low freq beats, and great isolation. It's still pretty dependent on finding a good fit (I need to twist them in a certain way until they are snug), but once I do, it produces as much bass as I want, along with good clarity of sound.

If I had to compare these to headphones, I'd say they sound like my DT770s but with a little more in the mid freq range, and a smaller soundstage.

I'd like to try out the Sennheisers for comparison, but I'm very happy with these as they are.

edit: I also want to point out that they have 0 lag when I watch videos on my iPhone and Mac. The mic seems fine too.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #2,156 of 62,632
anyone 2pin bluetooth cable that is good? Not considering Lear and AAW
I have the TRN BT3 incoming, looks like a convenient setup. aptX too.

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #2,158 of 62,632
We're getting close for the Senns !

So I just received the TRN BT3 2 pin adapter that I've connected to my TRN V80 earbuds and they work quite well...except that I get a lot of HISS ! I don't remember having that with the otherwise poor fitting KZ BT Adapter, will have to dig it out. Maybe change phones too just in case. I hope it's not the same with the TRN BT20 that's designed to turn 2pin/MMCX earbuds into TWS. Oh and unlike what's claimed it is NOT aptX as my Android 8.1 Nokia 8 can only connect in SBC and AAC. Not surprising based on some comments posted in this thread last week I think.

EDIT - tried with another phone, hiss still there. Found a review on reddit that complained about it too as well as on the TRN BT10, so it's likely the TRN BT20 will have the same problem...
EDIT2 - it is in fact aptX as I found by sniffing the BT packets, the problem in fact lies with my Nokia 8 that does NOT support aptX.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #2,159 of 62,632
Deleted

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #2,160 of 62,632
First time post, but I've been following this thread for quite a while now.
I got the MW07 a few days ago and I've been testing it with a variety of music. From reading comments on the thread, I was wary of the supposedly short battery life, but expected good bass, clarity, and isolation.

Initial impressions were rather underwhelming. It didn't have much bass, and I had to resort to cranking up the low frequencies on the Spotify app equaliser. Even then, there wasn't much bass, and I thought perhaps other people's expectations of "bass-heavy" were quite different from mine. The sound seemed pretty good otherwise in terms of clarity, but I wanted more bass, so I was ready to return it.

Two things have changed my mind. One-- I realised I was swivelling the earbuds in the opposite direction to how they were supposed to be turned. For the right earbud, facing into my ear, they are meant to be turned anticlockwise; I had a better fit turning them clockwise. This directs the nozzle into my ear canal. Two-- I tried changing the tips and wings. I have large ears, so I used the larger wings that came with the earbuds. That helped a bit. For the tips, I tried using the smaller and larger ones that came in the package but it didn't help much. The isolation wasn't great either, so I tried switching the tips with some on my other cheap earbuds which I knew to have good isolation. This improved the isolation massively, and subsequently, the bass as well.

With these changes, they sound radically different. They now have a very satisfying thud for low freq beats, and great isolation. It's still pretty dependent on finding a good fit (I need to twist them in a certain way until they are snug), but once I do, it produces as much bass as I want, along with good clarity of sound.

If I had to compare these to headphones, I'd say they sound like my DT770s but with a little more in the mid freq range, and a smaller soundstage.

I'd like to try out the Sennheisers for comparison, but I'm very happy with these as they are.

edit: I also want to point out that they have 0 lag when I watch videos on my iPhone and Mac. The mic seems fine too.

I tossed on some Comply sport foams (since I use them in the gym) and it also adds some thump and bang. I really do think they're my "ideal" TWE, the battery life is the only sticking point. The DT770 description is a good one. I like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back