Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 21, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #2,134 of 62,419
Yeah, I'm assuming that Amazon's delivery date for pre-orders of 14-Dec is expectation-management, and that they may arrive before that. Although they may be later in the UK than the US, perhaps.
In France, it's the same date for Amazon. Maybe, Sennheiser wish Amazon couldn't sell the TW before, because of his specific cancelation policy.

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #2,135 of 62,419
In France, it's the same date for Amazon. Maybe, Sennheiser wish Amazon couldn't sell the TW before, because of his specific cancelation policy.

I doubt it. Amazon's cancellation policy is likely their own managed one - I doubt they have the items on sale-or-return from Senn. It's probably more about stock allocation. I suspect that Amazon want a very high number available before they will present stock to the public, because they want to fulfil orders. So Sennheiser may have said "if you want 2,000 items, you'll need to wait until mid-Dec". But it could also be Amazon setting expectations - better to say '14 Dec' and ship early at the end of November, than have customers complaining when their stuff comes late.

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #2,137 of 62,419
Are we sure there are bags in the MTW box? :wink:

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #2,139 of 62,419
I think I discovered the correct foam tips for senns. It’s the true grip pro comply tips. I checked their (comply) website and sure enough it’s the recommended tips. Sadly can’t find them in the U.K. anyone know the actual model number for true grip pro??

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #2,140 of 62,419
I think I discovered the correct foam tips for senns. It’s the true grip pro comply tips. I checked their (comply) website and sure enough it’s the recommended tips. Sadly can’t find them in the U.K. anyone know the actual model number for true grip pro??
I think you're meaning the True Wireless comply tips. Available in the UK here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Comply-Replacement-SweatGuard-Comfortable-Listening/dp/B0711FBXJW
I'll probably be getting some for my Jabras or the Senn MTWs, whichever I end up keeping.

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #2,142 of 62,419
466A3760-86C5-4CAC-AE6C-84A91B20A7B1.png
I think you're meaning the True Wireless comply tips. Available in the UK here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Comply-Replacement-SweatGuard-Comfortable-Listening/dp/B0711FBXJW
I'll probably be getting some for my Jabras or the Senn MTWs, whichever I end up keeping.
Nope.

I ended up ordering three pairs because I expect I’ll be charged customs.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #2,143 of 62,419
On the Comply tips for TW earbuds, I'd done some searching and found that :
- old model is the Truly Wireless, no longer available in the USA. I ordered some on Amazon and they're TINY and useless for my ears, I do use L tips generally. They fit the Jabra 65t.
- new model is TrueGrip, available in the USA but NOT in Europe. Some have said they were the same as the Truly Wireless https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx3IML3J4SIPQ8G but Comply disagree. The do NOT fit the Jabra 65t.
- Someone here tried a special Jabra 65t version Comply were working on and quite liked them I think but Comply have yet to put them on the market.

I've found that the Tsx-200 fit the 65t ok but they muffle the sound pretty badly and don't fit in the case of course, so not worth it in my book.

Hope that helps !

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #2,144 of 62,419
Anyone tried the Mavin Air-X? They use the QCC3026 so have longer battery life and some other benefits. Use some weird tips though, hopefully standard ones can be used too. Not available in the UK yet but looks like they are on Amazon US if anyone is interested. They don't come up for me when searched directly on Amazon but can be found through google. Also there are some reviews on Amazon Japan but not sure I trust those.

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #2,145 of 62,419
Anyone tried the Mavin Air-X? They use the QCC3026 so have longer battery life and some other benefits. Use some weird tips though, hopefully standard ones can be used too. Not available in the UK yet but looks like they are on Amazon US if anyone is interested. They don't come up for me when searched directly on Amazon but can be found through google. Also there are some reviews on Amazon Japan but not sure I trust those.
getting one on friday I think, just out of curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back