Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 22, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #2,193 of 62,639
So my Sennheisers TW came today, they're pretty good.

Have had a busy day, not much time - but here are my quick impressions:

The case is okay, not as premium feeling as the RHA one. Open/close mechanism actually feels cheap / plasticy. I think the LED light is 3x colour stage so that's fine for battery indication.

Earbuds are extremely comfortable, fantastic fit.

I think there is a good deal of Bass. I wouldn't say it was flat, more bass-heavy..... If anyone says they're light on bass well they must be "bass-heads".

The clarity overall is great, I'm going to keep them and return the RHAs.

EQ is pretty basic, I'd use another app instead to play around with it. Gestures are okay, and when you remove the right earbud it pauses the music 80% of the time. Swipe gestures to change song would've been better than tapping.

They get very loud - the headphones/phone have separate volume levels. That reviewer who said they were quiet obviously didn't test them properly.

I think the battery life will be more than 3h, haven't tested the charging time yet.
I have RHA incoming. After seeing your views, i wonder if i should have waited and bought sennheiser instead

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #2,194 of 62,639
Does anybody else with the Sennheiser TW find the right earbud drains quite a bit faster than the left?

I thought there was no primary, that they connect via a magnetic field.

Yes, I'm seeing the same from checking the App, between 5-6% more than the left.

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #2,196 of 62,639
I have RHA incoming. After seeing your views, i wonder if i should have waited and bought sennheiser instead

RHAs are very good for the price, they last 4.5 hours and have a quick charge of 15m to 50%, and a 3 year warranty. I love the fact they basically have no logo. The case is of excellent quality, with 4 charges too! I much prefer them to the sony and jabra.

But the Sennheisers are very special, the fit is far more comfortable (for my ears), they feel lighter and less physically present in your ears, they get much louder, there is firmware support + an actual app.... The sound is clearer, crisper, more exciting. Additional features - transparent hearing, much clearer microphone, aac, aptx...

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #2,198 of 62,639
So first impressions are:

- case is a little bit flimsy. Not sure how the hinge will hold up
- touch controls work 80% of the time, one too many commands to remember
- app is quite basic and you can't seem to change the name of the device
- the right side tends to drain more battery
- its all about the fit for best sound quality. the included tips are a bit shallow. i'd buy 3rd party ones

Good stuff:
- probably the widest sound stage for a TWS I have encountered, waiting to try the MW07
- clean, accurate sound. my beatsx is a bit more energetic though, but nowhere as capable as these
- love the size of it, so small and looks elegant
- no hiss nor background sound
- no video lag at all, tried various video apps, incl. youtube, netflix etc.
- very stable bluetooth connection, no lags, drop-outs etc.

Want to try the MW07 as many people are raving about the sound quality. Will update more as the units get used more and 'break-in'.

Some pics:

IMG_5209.JPG
IMG_5210.JPG
IMG_5211.JPG
IMG_5212.JPG
IMG_5213.JPG
IMG_5215.JPG

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #2,200 of 62,639
I actually return the senn in favor of my earins m2

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #2,202 of 62,639
Sennheiser TW charge time is either rapid, or incorrect. In 5 minutes the earbuds went from 39% > 78%

You'll see that a lot in the TW that do the "fifteen minutes gives you an hour and a half" thing. It'll spike up hard really quickly but then stabilize a good chunk lower than that. The MW07 will go from a warning beep to 100% in like ten minutes but ten minutes after that it's at 60% and drains normally from there.

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #2,203 of 62,639
So first impressions are:

- case is a little bit flimsy. Not sure how the hinge will hold up
- touch controls work 80% of the time, one too many commands to remember
- app is quite basic and you can't seem to change the name of the device
- the right side tends to drain more battery
- its all about the fit for best sound quality. the included tips are a bit shallow. i'd buy 3rd party ones

Good stuff:
- probably the widest sound stage for a TWS I have encountered, waiting to try the MW07
- clean, accurate sound. my beatsx is a bit more energetic though, but nowhere as capable as these
- love the size of it, so small and looks elegant
- no hiss nor background sound
- no video lag at all, tried various video apps, incl. youtube, netflix etc.
- very stable bluetooth connection, no lags, drop-outs etc.

Want to try the MW07 as many people are raving about the sound quality. Will update more as the units get used more and 'break-in'.

Some pics:

thank you for the review. may i know which other TW earphones that you tried before the senns?

I actually return the senn in favor of my earins m2

what are the considerations that made you kept the earin instead of the senn? i also have the M2 and really like it

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #2,204 of 62,639
You'll see that a lot in the TW that do the "fifteen minutes gives you an hour and a half" thing. It'll spike up hard really quickly but then stabilize a good chunk lower than that. The MW07 will go from a warning beep to 100% in like ten minutes but ten minutes after that it's at 60% and drains normally from there.

Ah right. Well after letting them charge to green I found the right bud drops at around 22% battery per hour at 70-75% volume which is loud. Left bud has between 10-15% more battery at the end.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #2,205 of 62,639
In my case, the main reason I prefer M2s over other TW earphones is the form factor: they even small enough to sleep wearing them comfortably.
And they sound great. I still love them after 3 months of heavy usage.
Bought MW07 and returned them next day. Too bulky and the battery drains dead after 2.5 hours.
Senns look even bulkier then MW07. I might try them, though, when they will be available to pickup in Best buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back