Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 11, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #1,741 of 63,207
Just cancelled a preorder for Jaybird’s new tarah pro’s as I want to dip my toe into a true wireless pair (also discovered the tarah “pro” have Sbc Codec only)
Will be using them for workouts, leaning towards the jabra elite active 65t. Any other suggestions worth looking at?
I’m currently using Jaybird X3, Will I notice a drop in sq and volume With a truly wireless earbuds like the 65t?
Thanks

Nov 11, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #1,742 of 63,207
I’m currently using Jaybird X3, Will I notice a drop in sq and volume With a truly wireless earbuds like the 65t
Thanks

The 65t won’t sound as good as the x3. It’s not a huge drop but the x3 has some pretty good sound. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed but if you want something with a little more dynamic sound, look at the bose or Sony sp700n. Each have their pros and cons compared to the Jabra.

Nov 11, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #1,743 of 63,207
The 65t won’t sound as good as the x3. It’s not a huge drop but the x3 has some pretty good sound. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed but if you want something with a little more dynamic sound, look at the bose or Sony sp700n. Each have their pros and cons compared to the Jabra.
Thanks for the comment,
I’ve never had much luck getting a good seal with the x3’s , only getting a decent bass response when holding them in my ears. If the 65t’s fit me better I’m hoping I won’t miss the x3’s too much. How are the volume levels on the 65t’s? I’ve read a few comments saying users could do with a bit more volume at times

Nov 11, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #1,744 of 63,207
hey all, so I've been following and reading this thread from start to finish. Seems everyone keeps going back to the Jabra Active 65t. I preordered the ATH TWs non sport, but then cancelled, even though they're in stock here. I then have preordered the Sennheiser True Wireless Momentum. I did have the Nuheara's but they weren't that good tbh.

I don't know if anyone is in the market for a cheaper pair, but I did notice this on indiegog right now: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/samurai-ears-japan-s-best-quality-wireless-earbuds/x/1744243#/

Maybe it's something of interest to others, I will go by well known brands only, mainly because you tend to get what you pay for, in terms of build quality and quality. The Samurai buds look promising but stick out way too much for my liking.

Anyway, just wanted to contribute to the thread, as I like this unique thread, there's very few places you can come to discuss about wireless IEMs cuz they're so new, but again, they're starting to get saturated I think with Chinese builds, glad to see some other brands coming to light.

I should get the Senn's this week coming, out Thursday I believe, so I may get them friday. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I exclusively listen to music, so if anyone has any questions about the buds when I get them, I will try to answer them if you want.

Also two more on indiegogo that caught my eyes are:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/uni-world-s-most-advanced-true-wireless-earbuds/pstc

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pamu-scroll-bt-5-0-earphones-with-wireless-charge/pstc

Not sure of either of those tbh. But spec wise they're up there. Samurai buds use the new Qualcomm chip

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #1,746 of 63,207
I think their claim is based on the True Wireless Plus notion, that it will have 2 master/slave bud options, instead of one master one slave option with regular buds. Whether that's factored into current tech in terms of usage I don't know.

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #1,747 of 63,207
Those Samurai ears do look fascinating. The fact that they come with SpinFits and mention aptX tells me they actually do care about the sonic qualities.

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #1,748 of 63,207
I should get the Senn's this week coming, out Thursday I believe, so I may get them friday. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I exclusively listen to music, so if anyone has any questions about the buds when I get them, I will try to answer them if you want.
Thank you a lot for interesting links to Japanese designed tws. Though in general I’m quite fond of my Jabra 65t Elite I’m also very interested in Senns. I had a few of their high end wired cans but never an IEM. Your impressions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Nov 11, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #1,749 of 63,207
Glad you found it of interest, I did try the jabra elite 65t I had two issues which are subjective I felt the sound was flat and I always had readjust the ear buds when walking or I felt they would drop out. Everything else I would give good marks for. But fit and sound are two main cores for me when it comes to earbuds and it failed those. I don’t blame jabra as I said sound is and can be subjective, fit is mainly due to ny weird ear canals I guess. I hope the senns are a good fit

I’ve just received frustrating news that the senns are now delayed till December. That’s really disappointing I may have to go with the ath in this case

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #1,751 of 63,207
Just received my EOZ Airs today. I will be providing a quick review in this thread after a few days. Only things I can say so far:

• tip rolling makes a huge difference for me. Could not get the best fit with the supplied silicon tips (not a fan of comply)
  • fit in general and stability in ear is phenomenal though. Such a great concept the behind the ear style for TWS. Makes a lot of sense to me.
  • Sound quality got a lot better as I found better tips, but too early to really comment.

Nov 12, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #1,752 of 63,207
I almost pulled the trigger on the ATH and the MW07. The latter mainly because of design, but I heard the sound is super bass-like, though the fit is mean to be incredible. The former, because it's bt5, among other things, better battery life, and a good "fit" for most. Just no touch controls for assistant, nor any IPX rating.

Nov 12, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #1,755 of 63,207
So, RHA has been "sold out" for nearly a month. November 12th was the "new" release date on Amazon. I checked this morning and it showed in stock with an expected delivery date of 11/24 to 12/12 - 2 to 4 weeks for shipping! Prime delivery was not an option. Why - RHA - would it take 2 to 4 weeks to mail me these? And surprise, now at 10:09 am, they are sold out again. Seems like some poor supply chain management going on here. At this point, I'm not even going to bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back