Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 12, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #1,756 of 62,729
So, RHA has been "sold out" for nearly a month. November 12th was the "new" release date on Amazon. I checked this morning and it showed in stock with an expected delivery date of 11/24 to 12/12 - 2 to 4 weeks for shipping! Prime delivery was not an option. Why - RHA - would it take 2 to 4 weeks to mail me these? And surprise, now at 10:09 am, they are sold out again. Seems like some poor supply chain management going on here. At this point, I'm not even going to bother.

As long as you're aware that for firmware updates you're going to have to "return" them to RHA, as they don't offer OTA updates.

Nov 12, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #1,757 of 62,729
As long as you're aware that for firmware updates you're going to have to "return" them to RHA, as they don't offer OTA updates.

Thanks. I am skipping these for now anyway. I hesitated due to a lack of AAC but some reviews have indicated a very good SQ. At this point, the AT and Senns will be available before these are so why bother.

Nov 12, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #1,759 of 62,729
Those Samurai ears do look fascinating. The fact that they come with SpinFits and mention aptX tells me they actually do care about the sonic qualities.

I backed the samurai project then cancelled. Just for burnt out on paying so much on trust.
2 meh fwe projects has thet effect

Nov 12, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #1,760 of 62,729
Nov 12, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #1,761 of 62,729
Thanks. As it turns out, the shop is quite near my house. I have pre-ordered the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless and am torn between these two units.

What do you guys reckon?
I'd probably buy them both and keep the one you like best. The lack of any sweatproofing will probably keep me from buying the AT. If you don't care about that and there is a return policy, why not grab a pair and tell us all what you think of them?

Nov 12, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #1,763 of 62,729
I don't know if i can wait until mid-december for the Sennheisers, I realise it's a month only, but I was set on it coming out in mid-November. So I'm thinking I might get ATH? The sports version is interesting too, 5.5mm driver, only 3 hours battery life etc. I wish I could have the sports with the non sports tech. That';d be great. But maybe their next version will be more interesting.

I also wish the Senn's and ATH were more sleek and discreet, they look really chunky and stick out quite a bit it seems from the pics.

Nov 12, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #1,764 of 62,729
I'd probably buy them both and keep the one you like best. The lack of any sweatproofing will probably keep me from buying the AT. If you don't care about that and there is a return policy, why not grab a pair and tell us all what you think of them?

The reason why I initially pre-ordered the Sennheiser’s was because the ATH’s were a bit harder to source this part of the world - which makes me think any support required will be a bit of a pain. To me so far-

The ATH is better by:
- Having a driver that’s ~35% bigger
- Their product page is all about the audio quality
- initial impressions have mentioned that they are very comfortable and have good audio quality
- lighter and better battery life

Where I think the Sennheiser’s are better:
- Nicer design
- touch controls
- faster charging by 30m but smaller battery capacity
- Probabky better support in Europe with the brand

I would have also bought the ATH but the shop does not have a clear return policy and returns are not even advertised.

Nov 12, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #1,765 of 62,729
I don't know if i can wait until mid-december for the Sennheisers, I realise it's a month only, but I was set on it coming out in mid-November. .
I don't know if i can wait until mid-december for the Sennheisers, I realise it's a month only, but I was set on it coming out in mid-November. So I'm thinking I might get ATH? The sports version is interesting too, 5.5mm driver, only 3 hours battery life etc. I wish I could have the sports with the non sports tech. That';d be great. But maybe their next version will be more interesting.

I also wish the Senn's and ATH were more sleek and discreet, they look really chunky and stick out quite a bit it seems from the pics.
have the Senns been delayed? The ath look particularly ridiculous.

Nov 12, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #1,766 of 62,729
The reason why I initially pre-ordered the Sennheiser’s was because the ATH’s were a bit harder to source this part of the world - which makes me think any support required will be a bit of a pain. To me so far-

The ATH is better by:
- Having a driver that’s ~35% bigger
- Their product page is all about the audio quality
- initial impressions have mentioned that they are very comfortable and have good audio quality
- lighter and better battery life

Where I think the Sennheiser’s are better:
- Nicer design
- touch controls
- faster charging by 30m but smaller battery capacity
- Probabky better support in Europe with the brand

I would have also bought the ATH but the shop does not have a clear return policy and returns are not even advertised.

Also the mw07 are pretty damn nice and have ipx4.

Nov 12, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #1,767 of 62,729
have the Senns been delayed? The ath look particularly ridiculous.

According to Amazon release date is Dec 14 now, it may just be for amazon, but I've contacted Senn to confirm. I agree about the look of the ATH, but then I'm buying them for listening pleasure rather than showing off, if you get my meaning.

Problem I found with mw07's are that they are only BT 4.2, no AAC support, 3.5 hour battery life. That makes it difficult to choose those, otherwise I would have bought them in an instant, no question.

Nov 12, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #1,768 of 62,729
According to Amazon release date is Dec 14 now, it may just be for amazon, but I've contacted Senn to confirm. I agree about the look of the ATH, but then I'm buying them for listening pleasure rather than showing off, if you get my meaning.

Problem I found with mw07's are that they are only BT 4.2, no AAC support, 3.5 hour battery life. That makes it difficult to choose those, otherwise I would have bought them in an instant, no question.

Are you sure about no AAC on the MW? Pretty sure I confi

I don't think that's correct about the MW07. This is a quote from the apple insider review: "They also support AptX (though the iPhone still doesn't) and AAC for playback."

According to Sennheiser, they are rolling out this week and they said a huge number are going to amazon but it sounds like those are backordered too.

Nov 12, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #1,770 of 62,729
Based on the website for M&D it does not state AAC:

https://www.masterdynamic.co.uk/products/mw07-true-wireless-earphones

If you scroll down to details, it states BT Profile: BT4.2 - aptx

I'm not sure. I do believe that the chipset that supports Aptx almost always includes AAC as well. I have found that you have to dig a little more on AAC. For instance, the Grado GW100 advertised Aptx but no AAC but when I contacted them directly, they confirmed AAC. My best guess is that they do cover AAC as well but I understand why you would want confirmation. FWIW, they sounded pretty damn good. In fact, if the Senns are delayed a month, I'm going to take another run at them. They tick all of the boxes other than battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back