Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 12, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #1,786 of 62,573
Thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread. Ended up with active 65t’s . Maybe losing a little lunch compared the the jaybird x3’s but the form factor and convenience of these is well worth it for me, very happy and excited to see what’s around the corner with new wireless bud releases. I felt they sounded pretty poor as soon as I put them on (updated first) and seem to have opened up over the last couple of hours listening, is this possible or just me?
Also read a few posts from people claiming these are AAC and some saying otherwise, can anyone confirm that?
Thanks
I have 65t elite, not active! But sound wise I believe they are the same. In general new drivers need to “burn” to get to their top sound. But I think more important is that you yourself need to adapt to the new sound signature. Also fit and tips play tremendous roles. Coming from very subtle and balanced wired IEMs (Westone W4) and from B&O E8, initially Jabras seemed to me a little too bassy with distant mids and recessed highs. But since I was expecting cheap, flat and muddy sound I was still pleasantly surprised. Highly recommend EQing them to your liking in the Sound+ app, they respond very well to changes. For me and my fav music sort of W curve works best. With stock big tips Jabras fit my ears very secure and with good isolation from the first time. I use them in a gym and never had a situation where they fell off or lost isolation. I’m also vet happy with controls, especially dedicated volume and with easy FF/RW. My Galaxy S8 shows that it uses AAC codec with them.

Nov 12, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #1,787 of 62,573
I have 65t elite, not active! But sound wise I believe they are the same. In general new drivers need to “burn” to get to their top sound. But I think more important is that you yourself need to adapt to the new sound signature. Also fit and tips play tremendous roles. Coming from very subtle and balanced wired IEMs (Westone W4) and from B&O E8, initially Jabras seemed to me a little too bassy with distant mids and recessed highs. But since I was expecting cheap, flat and muddy sound I was still pleasantly surprised. Highly recommend EQing them to your liking in the Sound+ app, they respond very well to changes. For me and my fav music sort of W curve works best. With stock big tips Jabras fit my ears very secure and with good isolation from the first time. I use them in a gym and never had a situation where they fell off or lost isolation. I’m also vet happy with controls, especially dedicated volume and with easy FF/RW. My Galaxy S8 shows that it uses AAC codec with them.
Do you not have the balance issue where the left is slightly louder than the right?

Nov 13, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #1,789 of 62,573
Fingers crossed Sennheiser stay true to the mid-November release date. I'm in the UK too.

It's tempting to order the Audio Technica and return the ones I like the least. But I highly doubt I'd like the Audio Technica more than the Sennheisers.

Returning things is such a headache. Premium sounds UK only has a 7 working day return policy which seems too short.

Hopefully, reviews of the ATH-CKR7TW will come out soon!

The 7 day return period incl the lengthy T&Cs make me think it would be hard to return after you’ve opened the box. Since they’re like 10mins from my house, I’m planning to go in this saturday to see if I can listen to a sample and clarify returns.

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #1,796 of 62,573
How's the sound on the MW07? Really curious about those things.
I would describe the sound as rich, full and warm. They are the first TW that didn't make me think SQ was being sacrificed. My first pair was a dud. My second pair had some left side hiss which M&D couldn't tell me was normal or not. I sent them back requesting an exchange but they were slow to respond so I just went for a return. The hiss was loud enough to bother me. The MW07 also offers fins for stability which is a big deal for me. I am worried that the Senns will slip out as I usually need some sort of stabilizer due to my ear shape. My guess is the Senns will sound different but not necessarily better than the MW07.

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #1,797 of 62,573
I just jumped on the MW07 as well. Anyone know what comply tips fit these?
None as far as I'm aware, I don't think comply have a specific tip for it.

I just got an email from Sennheiser regarding release, it's a bit vague, just still says "around" Mid-November:

Thank you for your email. Whilst Amazon may have an expected stock due date of December 14th, our website remains unchanged with a due date of around mid November. I am afraid I do not have more information than this at this point in time.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. If there is anything I can help with, please do let me know.

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #1,798 of 62,573
None as far as I'm aware, I don't think comply have a specific tip for it.

I just got an email from Sennheiser regarding release, it's a bit vague, just still says "around" Mid-November:

Thank you for your email. Whilst Amazon may have an expected stock due date of December 14th, our website remains unchanged with a due date of around mid November. I am afraid I do not have more information than this at this point in time.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. If there is anything I can help with, please do let me know.
Ha ha. Well December 14th could be interpreted as "around mid-November". After calling them yesterday, I got the impression they customer service has no idea when these will arrive. I also checked with Audio46 and they had no clue either. I think they are just going to suddenly become available one day without any advance notice. Could be tomorrow - could be December 14th. Specifically, they said a shipment was arriving this week but that shipment is earmarked for preorders and Amazon. They said they do not know when the next shipment will be received.

Btw, I can't find a preorder link on Amazon US. Can you share?

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #1,799 of 62,573
I ordered the ATH-CKR7TW from Japan. Should arrive in next week or so, I'll post some impression when it's here. It'll be my first true wireless after my last dud (the 1st gen Samsung IconX) so I'm not sure how it'll compare to recent ones. My friend have the Pamu Scroll and Soul Xshock, so that'll probably the other true wireless that I could compare to. :)

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #1,800 of 62,573
Ha ha. Well December 14th could be interpreted as "around mid-November". After calling them yesterday, I got the impression they customer service has no idea when these will arrive. I also checked with Audio46 and they had no clue either. I think they are just going to suddenly become available one day without any advance notice. Could be tomorrow - could be December 14th. Specifically, they said a shipment was arriving this week but that shipment is earmarked for preorders and Amazon. They said they do not know when the next shipment will be received.

Btw, I can't find a preorder link on Amazon US. Can you share?

I meant Amazon UK, sorry, but here's the link anyway:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HRHM8F3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back