Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 12, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #1,771 of 62,776
Good luck, I might consider them, if there's a delay in the Sennheiser Momentum. I would prefer the MW07 over the ATH tbh. But then at the price range the Senn's are equivalent to the M&D. So it's a tough call. I just worry the Senn's won't fit my weird ears to be honest. Like, it doesnt' look as though they would stay in, whereas the MW07 would. So conflicted about these buds.

Nov 12, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #1,773 of 62,776
According to Sennheiser, they are rolling out this week and they said a huge number are going to amazon but it sounds like those are backordered too.
I just logged in to track my day 1 pre-order for the Sennheiser, and it says "This order will be shipped after the release date of 11/30/2018 for MOMENTUM True Wireless.".

Let's see what comes... the original announcement said mid-November.

Nov 12, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #1,774 of 62,776
I just logged in to track my day 1 pre-order for the Sennheiser, and it says "This order will be shipped after the release date of 11/30/2018 for MOMENTUM True Wireless.".

Let's see what comes... the original announcement said mid-November.

That does not bode well for "mid-November". Their website still says mid-November but their customer support was less than confident about anything.

Nov 12, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #1,775 of 62,776
That does not bode well for "mid-November". Their website still says mid-November but their customer support was less than confident about anything.

I contacted them on Facebook and they said to keep an eye out on their website. Nothing more than that when pressed further. If delayed, I’ll cancel and buy the ATH since it’s readily available.

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #1,776 of 62,776
I discovered a piece of text in the description for momentum’s that didn’t look like it was meant to be there

Special Features: The existing text depicts IPX4 sweat and splash resistant. The product is only splash resistant, not sweat resistant.

Also this info is not to feature in the product title as the product can be perceived as suitable for sport but it is not.

Wow I’m shocked

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #1,777 of 62,776
I discovered a piece of text in the description for momentum’s that didn’t look like it was meant to be there

Special Features: The existing text depicts IPX4 sweat and splash resistant. The product is only splash resistant, not sweat resistant.

Also this info is not to feature in the product title as the product can be perceived as suitable for sport but it is not.

Wow I’m shocked

Sounds like they are positing to not warrant water damage. I assume to be IPX4 you need to get some sort of certification. I wouldn't use these (or the MW07) for heavy sweat in any event. I think they'd be fine for light activity. Weight lifting, walking. But once you hit cardio, put the sport headphones on.

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #1,778 of 62,776
I agree but the original text made it sound like it was sweat resistant but since it’s not I may consider the ath or mw07 I won’t be using them at the gym on account of medical advice not to exercise but yeah that knocks the senns down a peg. So I might go with ath or mw07. Just gotta pick one

Nov 12, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #1,779 of 62,776
I agree but the original text made it sound like it was sweat resistant but since it’s not I may consider the ath or mw07 I won’t be using them at the gym on account of medical advice not to exercise but yeah that knocks the senns down a peg. So I might go with ath or mw07. Just gotta pick one
My MW07 went back because of some hiss. I decided to take a refund because I thought the Senns were imminent. I don't think you will be disappointed with them. I got some on ebay today for $240 BNIB. It's always hard to decide when the next best thing is right around the corner but I'm not convinced the Senns/AT will be any better. Master and Dynamic makes some pretty good quality stuff. Good luck.

Nov 12, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #1,780 of 62,776
Fingers crossed Sennheiser stay true to the mid-November release date. I'm in the UK too.

It's tempting to order the Audio Technica and return the ones I like the least. But I highly doubt I'd like the Audio Technica more than the Sennheisers.

Returning things is such a headache. Premium sounds UK only has a 7 working day return policy which seems too short.

Hopefully, reviews of the ATH-CKR7TW will come out soon!

Nov 12, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #1,781 of 62,776
My MW07 went back because of some hiss. I decided to take a refund because I thought the Senns were imminent. I don't think you will be disappointed with them. I got some on ebay today for $240 BNIB. It's always hard to decide when the next best thing is right around the corner but I'm not convinced the Senns/AT will be any better. Master and Dynamic makes some pretty good quality stuff. Good luck.

My only concern with buying it from Ebay is returning it if it's faulty after a while. I agree about not waiting and just buying the right buds there and then, because there will always be a new pair round the corner, and frankly, I don't have much patience when comanies use vague terms like "mid november" then change it on the dispatch page. Ugh.

Thanks for confirming about AAC re: M&D, I can always get a new pair in a year or so I guess. Would it be better to buy via M&D, or is there another store that I can buy from that isn't amazon. I just have some credit on Paypal and would like to use that in case something happens

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #1,782 of 62,776
My only concern with buying it from Ebay is returning it if it's faulty after a while. I agree about not waiting and just buying the right buds there and then, because there will always be a new pair round the corner, and frankly, I don't have much patience when comanies use vague terms like "mid november" then change it on the dispatch page. Ugh.

Thanks for confirming about AAC re: M&D, I can always get a new pair in a year or so I guess.

Good point on the warranty. For the $60 in savings I'm willing to roll the dice. Paypal will protect me up front if they are defective but after that, no warranty at all.

Nov 12, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #1,783 of 62,776
Thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread. Ended up with active 65t’s . Maybe losing a little lunch compared the the jaybird x3’s but the form factor and convenience of these is well worth it for me, very happy and excited to see what’s around the corner with new wireless bud releases. I felt they sounded pretty poor as soon as I put them on (updated first) and seem to have opened up over the last couple of hours listening, is this possible or just me?
Also read a few posts from people claiming these are AAC and some saying otherwise, can anyone confirm that?
Thanks

Nov 12, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #1,784 of 62,776
Thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread. Ended up with active 65t’s . Maybe losing a little lunch compared the the jaybird x3’s but the form factor and convenience of these is well worth it for me, very happy and excited to see what’s around the corner with new wireless bud releases. I felt they sounded pretty poor as soon as I put them on (updated first) and seem to have opened up over the last couple of hours listening, is this possible or just me?
Also read a few posts from people claiming these are AAC and some saying otherwise, can anyone confirm that?
Thanks
Exact same thing happened to me. Was underwhelmed at first but I've come to like their relatively balanced SQ. Your ears need to adjust to any new headphones. I find myself reaching for them more often than my Sonys lately.

Nov 12, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #1,785 of 62,776
Well Amazon have the MW07 (exc Steel Blue colour) for £24-£40 off on discount right now, in the UK. So I may just buy from them after all.

RE: Jabra Active 65t, I think i felt the same, when they did stay in my ears, the sound was a bit flat for me but improved somewhat after using them a little, I had to return them though because they just didn't fit my weird ear canals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back