Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 13, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #1,816 of 62,258
How's the build quality on those? And the fit?

Fit in my ears is even better than E8 and build seems to be close to the E8. I do prefer the E8 touch control to the G1 buttons

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #1,817 of 62,258
Fit in my ears is even better than E8 and build seems to be close to the E8. I do prefer the E8 touch control to the G1 buttons
Thank you for the feedback. When I last looked at those they didnt' have any reviews on amazon now they do, I guess I might take a closer look at them. I'm surprised you feel they 're so close to the e8's, as the price differential is huge between them. I get my mw07's tomorrow, but maybe I can buy the Havit's as a back up pair

Nov 13, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #1,821 of 62,258
Thank you for the feedback. When I last looked at those they didnt' have any reviews on amazon now they do, I guess I might take a closer look at them. I'm surprised you feel they 're so close to the e8's, as the price differential is huge between them. I get my mw07's tomorrow, but maybe I can buy the Havit's as a back up pair

Had I bought the G1 last year I probably would not have bought the E8 at all. The G1 are plenty good enough for use with my iPhone when travelling on public transport and walking. Don’t know about the mic yet but the E8 mic is not that good anyway

Nov 13, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #1,823 of 62,258
Why does it matter? Micro-usb cables are dumb cheap. You can get like a box of five for ten bucks.

Nov 13, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #1,824 of 62,258
I am intrigued by the MW01, the Senns, and the AT's. I am waiting impatiently for all the impressions :)

Nov 13, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #1,825 of 62,258
That's disappointing to hear, sorry for the misinformation, I was pretty sure they were usb c, maybe i confused them with the mw07 and senn's and made an assumption.

No worries at all. Was kind of hoping there was more USB-C headphones available. Guess I'll wait around for the Sennheiser, as that's pretty much my only choice right now.

Nov 13, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #1,826 of 62,258
Great choice
My 1000x perform (largely) flawlessly. I think the problems affected the early production runs on the original firmware.

ALSO as someone mentioned earlier it would be nice to find a wired earphone that has the same signature. None of the Sony earphones (admittedly not high end) hold a candle to these.

They outright sound excellent by any standards. So smooth warm yet detailed. Totally unfatiguing and satisfying.

The sepeperation and imaging is THE stand out characteristic, among the best I've heard. Hard to believe they can seriously be beaten by any other totally wireless. At least in terms of pure sound

Look out for amazon warehouse deals. I got mine 'used like new" actually brand new and sealed for just under £90! One of the biggest bargains and the best audio related purchase I've made.

So I've had the Sony WF-1000X for a day now and must say the SQ is indeed pretty stunning, the clarity and imaging is wonderful, pretty similar to my Quad Driver TRN V80s going by memory (no side by side) which says a lot. I've left the EQ flat but have engaged the bass boost (+7 apparently).

Here are some random thoughts :
- I've had a few disconnects but nothing too distracting so far. I have yet to take them in a crowded place.
- They came with v1.007 and I updated them to v2.000.
- As per the reviews the NC is, well...not audible at all ! I ran some "plane noise" demos on YouTube and they cancelled absolutely zilch unlike my $20 TaoTronics EP-01 IEMs or TaoTronics NC Headphones. Not sure what Sony are thinking by promoting this feature ?! The team working on the WH1000XM3 with its absolutely stellar NC must be rolling on the floor laughing :wink:
- They come with a wide array of tips, the standard "thin" silicones and the "thick" silicones that seem to have replaced the old "hybrid" (silicone with foam core) tips ? Fortunately I had some of the latter hanging around and they work better. I've also found that the Comply Tsx-200 (olive shaped) work well, giving an even better seal without dampening the sound as they do on the Jabra Sports Elite.
- They look...well weird, sticking out like this ! I suppose they're ok around the house but outdoors they might attract a few strange looks, hehe, not that I really mind. They might catch some air/wind though ?
- The benefit of their "sticking out" is that you can easily forget about them and are indeed "unfatiguing"
- Just watched a video and hum...pretty big delay, a lot bigger than with the Jabras :frowning2:

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #1,827 of 62,258
So I've had the Sony WF-1000X for a day now and must say the SQ is indeed pretty stunning, the clarity and imaging is wonderful, pretty similar to my Quad Driver TRN V80s going by memory (no side by side) which says a lot. I've left the EQ flat but have engaged the bass boost (+7 apparently).

Here are some random thoughts :
- I've had a few disconnects but nothing too distracting so far. I have yet to take them in a crowded place.
- They came with v1.007 and I updated them to v2.000.
- As per the reviews the NC is, well...not audible at all ! I ran some "plane noise" demos on YouTube and they cancelled absolutely zilch unlike my $20 TaoTronics EP-01 IEMs or TaoTronics NC Headphones. Not sure what Sony are thinking by promoting this feature ?! The team working on the WH1000XM3 with its absolutely stellar NC must be rolling on the floor laughing :wink:
- They come with a wide array of tips, the standard "thin" silicones and the "thick" silicones that seem to have replaced the old "hybrid" (silicone with foam core) tips ? Fortunately I had some of the latter hanging around and they work better. I've also found that the Comply Tsx-200 (olive shaped) work well, giving an even better seal without dampening the sound as they do on the Jabra Sports Elite.
- They look...well weird, sticking out like this ! I suppose they're ok around the house but outdoors they might attract a few strange looks, hehe, not that I really mind. They might catch some air/wind though ?
- The benefit of their "sticking out" is that you can easily forget about them and are indeed "unfatiguing"

for pure music listening around the house, i take the WF1000X all day. in fact, does anyone know any wired earphone that has the same signature? I'd love to have it.

the ANC worked but it doesn't cancel the lowest rumble, which makes it rather useless, not to mention engaging ANC or ambient sound will make the left and right earpieces randomly disconnects more often.

i wish it always defaults to "off" when i remove it from the case, so i don't have to toggle it each time

Nov 14, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #1,829 of 62,258
If your Jabra Elite 65t (and Active) has audio imbalance, try this:

1. Reload the language pack in the Sound+ app (make sure battery is somewhat full for the update)
2. Put the earbuds into the case to download the update as instructed by the app, and exit the application.
3. When the purple LED stops flashing, DO NOT take the earbuds out of the case.
4. Wait 5 minutes or so to make sure the download is really complete (from Jabra's responses previously).
5. DO NOT open the Sound+ app again. Instead, completely uninstall the Sound+ app as well as the Jabra Support app.
6. Take out the earbuds from the case, press and hold the button on the right bud for 10-15 seconds to soft reset it.
7. Pair the earbuds to your device again, DO NOT download the Jabra apps again.

Why I think this might work:
Jabra's 2.14 firmware update notes said the audio imbalance is caused by an interruption to the firmware update. Not sure about other people but previously whenever I updated/reloaded firmware 2.14, I would take the earbuds out after the update is complete and open the Sound+ app. I would then get a pop-up error message saying the update could not be downloaded, and then immediately after I would get another pop-up message saying the firmware has been successfully updated. I think the error message indicates there was an interruption to the update even though it was successful in the end, which is why the imbalance is not fixed. Following the steps above, the app is uninstalled and not opened again after the update and so perhaps the interruption/error is not triggered, therefore no imbalance caused.

Please do try this if you are interested (although it does get rid of the app), my buds have sounded a lot more balanced after I have done this but I'm interested in if it improves the balance for anyone else.

Nov 14, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #1,830 of 62,258
Received my MW07's this morning. First impressions are: stunning presentation, design and build quality. Disappointed there's no app, so it means no firmware updates possible.

Sound-wise, I heard no hissing that another user experienced. Bass is a little stronger than I'm used to, but it's not deal breaker. The default fins and tips were a great fit, I don't know if I should change them since they work so well. The sound in other areas is loud and punchy, the tips seem to isolate the music well in my ear canals.

Once i put them in, I have to be honest they were almost invisible in terms of feel. You can just about feel they're in there, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing yet. If one fell out, would I notice I guess is the question?

Build quality is so good, solid, strong, and clean.

Charging case is equally beautiful. Comes with a huge range of tips and 2 sets of fins, and a usb-c cable with a usb-c-to-a adapter. The only negative thing about the case is it's a finger print magnet.

Overall, I'm certainly pleased with them. Tomorrow will be the litmus test, when I go out though, and see if there's any wind interference, drop outs and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back