Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 14, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #1,831 of 62,112
Received my MW07's this morning. First impressions are: stunning presentation, design and build quality. Disappointed there's no app, so it means no firmware updates possible.

Sound-wise, I heard no hissing that another user experienced. Bass is a little stronger than I'm used to, but it's not deal breaker. The default fins and tips were a great fit, I don't know if I should change them since they work so well. The sound in other areas is loud and punchy, the tips seem to isolate the music well in my ear canals.

Once i put them in, I have to be honest they were almost invisible in terms of feel. You can just about feel they're in there, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing yet. If one fell out, would I notice I guess is the question?

Build quality is so good, solid, strong, and clean.

Charging case is equally beautiful. Comes with a huge range of tips and 2 sets of fins, and a usb-c cable with a usb-c-to-a adapter. The only negative thing about the case is it's a finger print magnet.

Overall, I'm certainly pleased with them. Tomorrow will be the litmus test, when I go out though, and see if there's any wind interference, drop outs and such.

Thanks for the impressions. Glad to hear you are not hearing any hiss - hopefully mine were just a bad set.

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #1,832 of 62,112
Received my MW07's this morning. First impressions are: stunning presentation, design and build quality. Disappointed there's no app, so it means no firmware updates possible.

Sound-wise, I heard no hissing that another user experienced. Bass is a little stronger than I'm used to, but it's not deal breaker. The default fins and tips were a great fit, I don't know if I should change them since they work so well. The sound in other areas is loud and punchy, the tips seem to isolate the music well in my ear canals.

Once i put them in, I have to be honest they were almost invisible in terms of feel. You can just about feel they're in there, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing yet. If one fell out, would I notice I guess is the question?

Charging case is equally beautiful. Comes with a huge range of tips and 2 sets of fins, and a usb-c cable with a usb-c-to-a adapter. The only negative thing about the case is it's a finger print magnet.

Overall, I'm certainly pleased with them. Tomorrow will be the litmus test, when I go out though, and see if there's any wind interference, drop outs and such.

Damn. That sounds right up my alley. Strong bass is a big thing for me (wearing my VModa right now).

Nov 14, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #1,833 of 62,112

Have you ever listened to the E8 or the Bose? If so, how do they compare?

Nov 14, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #1,835 of 62,112
I just got the regular Jabra Elite (not active), and I don't have imbalance issue or hear hiss(edit: Later I heard hiss when I had the player paused a duration). I'm using Galaxy S8 with AAC connection.

Either I had trouble with right side fit or the sound was noticibly imbalanced and I don't notice so far with the Elite. Perhaps active has more bulk to the driver housing or imbalance? The Elite also sounds bright compared to what I recall of Active.

It could also be QC issue.

So far, I like the smoothness of BeatsX treble with linear mids to bass (although has slight Beats type woofer effect, perhaps due to being linear?).

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #1,837 of 62,112
Nov 14, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #1,840 of 62,112
Oh no

https://www.amazon.co.jp/オーディオテクニカ-audio-technica-完全ワイヤレス-Bluetoothイヤホン(グレー)audio-technica-ATH-CKR7TW-GY/dp/B07H94MW1H

If you start translating the early reviews of the Audio Tecnica ATH-CKR7TW on google translate they are complaining about audio lag, and the headphones being very bright and tiresome.

I can't stand treble heavy / especially bright headphones.

Three out of the six reviews are also complaining about fit, saying that they don't fit well.

If those reviews are anything to go by, I'd say the RHA look like a better buy over the ATH. Hopefully, Sennheiser pulls through and will dispatch my momentum true wireless tomorrow!!!

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #1,841 of 62,112
I wish they wouldn't call them wireless, there's clearly a wire

There's no wire to connect them to the source. If there's no wire between them that's "true wireless."

There's a wire between the earpieces with full-size wireless as well, they just have a headband that masks it a bit. Unless you think the full-size bluetooth sets shouldn't be called "wireless" either...

Nov 14, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #1,842 of 62,112
Oh no

https://www.amazon.co.jp/オーディオテクニカ-audio-technica-完全ワイヤレス-Bluetoothイヤホン(グレー)audio-technica-ATH-CKR7TW-GY/dp/B07H94MW1H

If you start translating the early reviews of the Audio Tecnica ATH-CKR7TW on google translate they are complaining about audio lag, and the headphones being very bright and tiresome.

If those reviews are anything to go by, I'd say the RHA look like a better buy over the ATH. Hopefully, Sennheiser pulls through and will dispatch my momentum true wireless tomorrow!!!

Disappointing to read, I would have thought the ATH would come up trumps. Good luck with your Senn's, hopefully they turn out good, early previews seem to suggest as much

Nov 14, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #1,843 of 62,112
Oh no

Sounds like they've got the sound sig of their DSR series, which were irritatingly bright for me.

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #1,845 of 62,112
Jabra Elite update:

Damn, I just heard the hiss come up when I had the player paused for a duration. I didn't hear it initially as I mentioned previously. It would switch the hiss intensity left and right earpieces back and forth at some point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back