Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 19, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #106 of 62,297
Why no love for the new Samsung iconx 2018, they tic alot of boxes and the prior iconx sounded great to me. Can't wait until they drop on the 27th.

I thought the SQ on the original iconx was passable at best but the fit and form is pretty good. I was disappointed that Sammy isn't advertising any improvements in that regard.

Oct 20, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #107 of 62,297
yeah iconx were great except the battery was life was horrendous at 1 hour 30 mins, it was enough for gym but that's it. Samsung addressed that problem by boosting the new version with 5 hours streaming and 7 hours using on board 4 gig memory which is another plus. on the original fit was great for me, touch controls were excellent and intuitive, sound was good too better than bragi for me, sweat proof no problems there, connection was always great. I hope one day someone could break that 6 hour mark that would be so good. I wish samsung could add an equalizer to the gear app like jaybird x3 have, it is very useful. the only thing I am not crazy about is the new charging case, it looks like it is tad smaller but it only charges the buds once from what I read I could be wrong. I see other cases charge the buds multiple times, the jam supposedly charges 10 times, but I haven't gotten that far yet with the ones I am testing now. the one thing that's good about the newer Samsung charger case is it charges by type c cable much faster to charge up. also the new inconx buds get an hour worth of charge in just15 mins I believe. I think I read the zolo liberty only have 3.5 hours, so that's off my list...

I'm curious I was so bummed how bad the bragi dash were with sound quality and constantly losing Bluetooth connection, I didn't even bother to try the bragi dash pro because I felt so burned by them. anyone here using the newer bragi dash pro with out any problems?

what are the models with the longest battery life, I know the Jabra elites last pretty long.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #108 of 62,297
There was an interesting set of earphones that had ear-hook design and were targeted at sporty audience. But I can't find it right now. They had Kickstarter or Indiegogo recently. Truly wireless and the "trick" was that the part behind the earlobe would be magnetically attracted to the part in front for a secure lock. Cool idea. I didn't order a pair because I want high-end SQ rather than sporty fit.

EDIT: can't find it anywhere. Maybe it failed and got scrubbed of the internet? Or just can't dig it up.
hi lostman, i think you're looking gor the EOZ Air : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eozaudio/eoz-air-worlds-most-advanced-true-wireless-earphon

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #110 of 62,297
Hello everybody!
Sry, didn't have the time right now to read every page but I got a question: I'm interested about buying a pair of IEM (I'm thinking about nuforce edc or brainwavz or something in between, still have to study IEMs options with this budget so suggest open if you want) and I've seen a dude that has cut the jaybird x3s wire to put MMCX endings so he can now use Bluetooth with any IEM with interchangeable wire.
There is a solution in the market like this? Maybe with aptxHD if the SQ could get better? That should be a great idea!

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #114 of 62,297
Would love to know whether doing this actually results in better sound or simply end up with the limitations of Bluetooth. Will these connectors result in better performance than say something like RHA 750 bluetooths or the Vmoda forza metallow wireless? What's the dropoff like using this connector versus wired?

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #115 of 62,297
YEah, was just talking about opening another thread for the same "Bluetooth IEM" question with the only difference that with these cables you can just swap IEMs.
Thanks for the link
EDIT: going to see if this cable has got aptxHD as I know it is the best bt codec for sq.
It has aptx so ok, until new cables comes it should be the best option

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #116 of 62,297
I had the westone cable a while ago and had issues with the bluetooth connection. Once I stepped outside, it would be unreliable. I did like everything else about it however.

Oct 21, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #117 of 62,297
After a lot of testing, my E8's have some serious bass imbalance. The left channel bass buzzes while the right channel is full and hits hard. Very disappointing. Will see what the local B&O store says. I hope it's not an issue with the magnetic transmission system between the two earpieces.

Oct 21, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #118 of 62,297
After a lot of testing, my E8's have some serious bass imbalance. The left channel bass buzzes while the right channel is full and hits hard. Very disappointing. Will see what the local B&O store says. I hope it's not an issue with the magnetic transmission system between the two earpieces.

I’ve not experienced that with mine

Oct 21, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #119 of 62,297
I’ve not experienced that with mine

Thanks! I really hope this is a defective unit that can get replaced. That being said, the local B&O store said they were selling out, so not sure how many replacement units are available. Very disappointing to say the least. I thought for the longest time it was a fit issue, but tried just popping the earbuds in the opposite ear with the same issue.

Oct 22, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #120 of 62,297
I tried out the Jabra Elite Sport and they were very uncomfortable for my left ear. I tried every fin/tip combination, but wish there was something between the S and M sizes. I ended up returning them. I also see why some people prefer the touch controls. Pushing them farther into my ears to press the buttons can get annoying. I actually found the SQ okay compared to my $30 Xiaomi earphones. They also updated the app with an EQ if you don't want it as bassy, but I felt the default was okay for listening to podcasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back