Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 2, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #136 of 62,380
Hey david8613,

I just purchased the IconX 2018 (haven't received them yet) and I was wondering if there are any issues with the Bluetooth connection dropping while outdoors (like the Bragi Dash is notorious for)?

Thanks in advance

Nov 2, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #137 of 62,380
I just got them yesterday so still testing, but I did a quick test walking from first floor to third floor with samsung galaxy note 8 phone in pocket, no drop outs yet with Samsung iconx. I did experience 3 right side drop outs walking from office to car with note 8 phone in pocket with the Sony wf 1000x, not good. I will continue testing. I can tell you right off the bat the sonys do sound very good, lots detail, texture and separation, has bass but not too foward. Sony' do not offer sweat protection, Samsung's do have that feature.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #139 of 62,380
Care to share what "bluetooth modules" you're using for this? I'm familiar with just the Westone solution (https://www.westone.com/store/music/index.php/accessories/bluetooth-cable).

Edit: a simple search got me many results. But if you have good experiences with a specific brands I'd be interested to hear about it. PM me if here would be offtopic. TIA.

Edit 2: even for the Westone, which I think is currently the best solution on the market (from what I read), I notice reports of connection problems when worn behind the head. As long as that remains a problem I'll stay with my RBH EP-SB, I guess.

Just search on Aliexpress for "Bluetooth MMCX".

Nov 2, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #140 of 62,380
Did some testing outdoors with the samsung iconx 2018, no drop outs so far so good, I even switched pockets too see if I can make it happen, good connection, it is better than sony in that regard.

Nov 3, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #142 of 62,380
can someone translate this?

Nov 5, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #145 of 62,380
Ok still testing, second round outside the incox 2018 have no drop outs, features work as advertised. they sound great too, but I had to use some other ear tips i had to get a proper seal. Second round with Sony's I did not have any drop outs this time, the Samsung sound is fuller but Sony's sound has more detail it seems, anc really works but I had to use my own ear tips to make them work right. Guys its so important to get proper seal if not all buds will sound bad. At this point I'm leaning towards Samsung, the controls are great. I'm Gonna put a quick and dirty pros and cons list later for each unit.

Nov 5, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #147 of 62,380
Hey david8613,

Did you by chance use the Comply Truly Wireless ear tips? I used those on my Bragi Dash and the seal was fantastic. I am hoping that they work on the IconX 2018.

Thanks for posting your findings.

Nov 5, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #148 of 62,380
I love comply tips, I used them on the jam ultras and the original iconx and it was great, but on iconx 2018 for some reason did not work so good i could not insert them in far enough, so i used some other cheap ones that worked.

I read a lot of reviews that had bad information, this echos a lot of what I feel.
this HTML class. Value is https://www.technobu

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #149 of 62,380
Hi guys, has anyone got experience of the Sennheiser Momentum wireless in ear’s (aka HD1) or especially the newer ‘FREE’ models?

https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/headphones-bluetooth-momentum-free

There are a few of us already talking about the Sennheiser Momentum wireless IEMs here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-momentum-in-ear-wireless-discussion-and-reviews.844234/

The big feature for me in any wireless IEM is APTX support. I use a Samsung G8 and that has APTX.

After reading through lots of IEM/DAC reviews, it seems APTX technology does make a difference to the quality of sound you hear coming out of your wireless IEMs.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers
Riaz

p.s. I am on the lookout for some decent wireless IEMs, max budget is £300. The Sennheiser Momentum Free with BT 4,2 and APTX is a front runner so far. Bose QC30 is a close second..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back