Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 21, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #13,891 of 62,419
I'm on Version 1.09 for the L2pro. which is the one mine came with. Is there a newer one than that? I was also told by Anker support the new models will be out in 2-3 weeks for those wishing to exchange due to hissing and bad call quality.

I’m trying to decide if I should wait for the replacement units coming in “2-3 wks” or just do a return. But I bought at $99 so perhaps I should wait?
Yes, I have the hisses and pops.

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #13,892 of 62,419
I'm on Version 1.09 for the L2pro. which is the one mine came with. Is there a newer one than that? I was also told by Anker support the new models will be out in 2-3 weeks for those wishing to exchange due to hissing and bad call quality.
I just tried to update the L2Pro and it says 1.09 is up to date.

However, the L2 Standard was able to be updated to 1.15.

UPDATE: I did another comparison of the hissing (just turn the volume down to 0 and play a track to just hear pure hiss) and the L2 Standard hissing is 50% less. Originally, I stated 25%, but it's actually about half.

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #13,893 of 62,419
I’m trying to decide if I should wait for the replacement units coming in “2-3 wks” or just do a return. But I bought at $99 so perhaps I should wait?
Yes, I have the hisses and pops.
If you paid $99, then it may be worth the waiting game. Since I paid $149 and the L2 Standard are so close, I'm just parlaying the $50 into another pair of TWS.

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #13,895 of 62,419
Has anyone had their TRN T200 ship? I bought mine on FastTech and it's been in a "Order Received" status for almost a month now. The ETA for shipping gets pushed by 5-7 days every week and their support ticket system seems abysmal.
Mine have arrived in the states a couple of days ago, so I should be receiving them very shortly. I ordered mine from Aliexpress.

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #13,896 of 62,419
I actually picked up the Liberty 2 from Amazon, but went to WalMart today and they also had them in stock.

As far as sound, they are similar to the Pros but the bass on the Liberty 2 is a bit deeper & bigger, but less refined. The highs are crisp, yet lack the precision of the Pros. Overall, I think the sound on the Liberty 2 is more exciting, but less defined. There is also a hiss on the Liberty 2, it it’s not as bad as the Pro. The case on the Liberty 2 does not have wireless charging, and even though it’s glossy, it has a sparkle/metallic finish, so it still looks good.

I like the Pros, and at first the hiss didn’t bother me, but now I notice it all the time. While the Pros are technically better and fun, the Liberty 2 are close and still very enjoyable. For me, it’s worth saving some cash and returning the Pros.

The $50 I’m saving may go toward these bad boys:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YRLK978/
Thanks for that input. I have the LP2 in now, in the house, music paused and no hiss. Silence. So that strange issue persists for some, not all owners. I guess my ears could be so bad I would not hear any hiss, but that doesn't make sense. Just strange. Having never owned the Liberty Pro, I think I am going to keep the LP2, I tuned them to my preferences using the EQ on Kaiser Audio. And I even forgot to turn on the Anker App. Don't need it, unless I want to change functions. Anyway, those Soundpeats look interesting. Uh-Oh.

Update:
Right after posting, I turned on the app and got a FW update, just says "fix bugs." Hmmm. It's at 38% and loading. Guess it will get rid of my non-existent hiss, if nothing else! Anyway, didn't know it had bugs, but bugs begone.

One weird thing about those DD Soundpeats, the only reviews on Amazon (19 right now) all occurred in September, none in October. All 5 stars, to the person. Wonder why no one bothered to review them in October yet? All say verified purchase, just an odd pattern. Oh, and many of them are bunched on the same dates, especially 9/3, 9/13, 9/16 and 9/23. Just find that odd. Probably means nothing.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #13,897 of 62,419
Thanks for that input. I have the LP2 in now, in the house, music paused and no hiss. Silence. So that strange issue persists. I guess my ears could be so bad I would not hear any hiss, but that doesn't make sense. Just strange. Having never owned the Liberty Pro, I think I am going to keep the LP2, I tuned them to my preferences using the EQ on Kaiser Audio. And I even forgot to turn on the Anker App. Don't need it, unless I want to change functions. Anyway, those Soundpeats look interesting. Uh-Oh.
Yeah, the LP2 are great. If I got the Pros for $99, I may play the waiting game. I even sent them a message to see if they would discount/exchange for the new version, but they were only willing to give me 15% off. Blah.

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #13,898 of 62,419
Liberty 2 pro feedback. Ive had for a week now.

Source is iPhone xs using neutron with some flac files, also Spotify(high quality) and soundcloud with standard quality because they want money for higher bitrates. in terms of music its been classic rock, alternative, rap, and lots of techno. Oh, and that new tool album has been on repeat last few days.

Comfort has been stellar for me. I think the longest session I've had was over 5 hours.. No issues at all.

Battery life is great. I don't really have anything to compare them to but I get ~7 hours per charge. Charging case is very compact. Working well, fast charging.

Voice quality during calls is rather inconsistent. I can't figure out what exactly is going on, but sometimes the receiving end has zero issues and sometimes pretty bad. I think if you are using both headphones the sound is better than just using one of them which is really annoying. They might be able to fix it with some firmware updates but I don't have much hope.

Sound quality is sublime overall. I am very surprised to be honest. They only thing is, for me personally, I had to use the soundcore app and pick an EQ that brings out the mids a bit more... So I either have it on rock or electronic. The default doesn't do it for me. low end is lush af lol .. punchy but yet not overwhelming, and it stays out of the way for the rest to come trough.

I have some decent in ear and over the ear equipment and I have to say that if I had to pick a pair for the day, or for travel, I would go for the soundcore. They've done a great job. Dare I say a bit over engineered for the price.

I saw that there is a firmware update. Hopefully it does something for the voice calls.

Really curious to see what apple does with the next airpods "pro" or whatever, but for now I will stick with these.
Too bad you don't have an onboard EQ. If you have a spare $10, try the Kaiser Audio app in the Apple app store. I bought it a long time ago (I know, I sound like a shill. I'm not. I just love having the flexibility to shape sound. You purists can stop screaming at me now. It offers a 10- and 20-band professional equalizer. Perfect way to boost those mids, which I did with mine and created a custom EQ for the LP2, which I do for almost all my phones. The Blon 03 doesn't need any EQ with my phone (wired $40 giant crusher).

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #13,899 of 62,419
Yeah, the LP2 are great. If I got the Pros for $99, I may play the waiting game. I even sent them a message to see if they would discount/exchange for the new version, but they were only willing to give me 15% off. Blah.
That's unfair! You are such a good customer. They do look a bit silly, but I don't care. Between the Melomania 1 and the LP2, I know what to be on Halloween. Hint: He's re-animated dead human tissue.

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #13,900 of 62,419
Too bad you don't have an onboard EQ. If you have a spare $10, try the Kaiser Audio app in the Apple app store. I bought it a long time ago (I know, I sound like a shill. I'm not. I just love having the flexibility to shape sound. You purists can stop screaming at me now. It offers a 10- and 20-band professional equalizer. Perfect way to boost those mids, which I did with mine and created a custom EQ for the LP2, which I do for almost all my phones. The Blon 03 doesn't need any EQ with my phone (wired $40 giant crusher).
Is it a universal EQ that can adjust audio streaming played from Spotify, etc?

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #13,902 of 62,419
Is it a universal EQ that can adjust audio streaming played from Spotify, etc?
No, sadly, only onboard tracks. I have Amazon Music (the new HD version in fact) and when I use that, which is not that often with BT phones, no EQ. I don't think Amazon HD Music offers an EQ, so I am stuck with the one that came with the LP2. The "personalized" gizmo on the LP2 didn't do it for me. Need to try it again, I guess.

I have 13,000 tracks on my phone, so I use those when I am out and about, haha. In that sense, I am sort of a purist. I mean, I have tons of music I've collected I haven't even heard yet.

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #13,903 of 62,419
...One weird thing about those DD Soundpeats, the only reviews on Amazon (19 right now) all occurred in September, none in October. All 5 stars, to the person. Wonder why no one bothered to review them in October yet? All say verified purchase, just an odd pattern. Oh, and many of them are bunched on the same dates, especially 9/3, 9/13, 9/16 and 9/23. Just find that odd. Probably means nothing.

Reviewmeta. Maybe it means something.

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #13,905 of 62,419
Latest LP2 firmware is 1.65, mine just updated from 1.15, which is what came on it.
Weird. I was on 1.09 and now I'm 1.15, but it says I'm up to date. :|

Are you in the US? Just wondering if it may be region dependent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back