Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 22, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #13,921 of 62,106
Well that takes care of it, thanks for the report.
Might try the LP2 at some point, how do you find their passive isolation compared to say the WF-1000Xm3s?
The passive isolation is not that good. I would not recommend the LP2 or LP2 Pro for isolation.

Oct 22, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #13,922 of 62,106
Thanks, that's too bad, I was hoping the wing would help with that by keeping it pressed again the ear canal. The UFO gave me good isolation except in would not stay in my ear canal/ear, regardless of the tips. Back to the 65t and Havit G1 now and they're not too bad for isolation, SQ is not that good though. Wonder what the best Isolation/SQ is at this point, anyone ?

Oct 22, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #13,923 of 62,106
Hi guys, I'm a silent addicted from Italy with almost 10 TWS in my bag :wink:

I'm really triggered by new Vivo TWS with QCC 5126 chip... anybody else?

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #13,926 of 62,106
Anyone using the Galaxy Buds with an iPhone can speak about the stock EQ? Seems like they would be perfect for me if I was an Android user and could take advantage of their EQ app, as I think it applies it on their DSP and not directly on the phone. My current wired daily-drivers are the MH755 and the Tin Audio T2.

Other options I'm considering are the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 (cons being their weird shape and microUSB charging) and the Shanling MTW100 (which I think still haven't been reviewed here). I don't mind paying between 150-250€, but want something solid that I don't feel like upgrading soon.

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #13,928 of 62,106
So far, they sound...pretty bad.

- Hollow
- Muffled
- Frequency imbalance (vocals recessed more on left side).
- Disjointed, as if some frequencies (mids & highs) are missing.

It's a very weird sound. Kind of sounds a bit like you're in a cave. No AAC support, just aptX, but it doesn't matter, they sound like trash.
Thanks for this. I’m kind of glad. That’s one buy saved.

Idea so far: if SoundPEATS borrows a design and puts their brand on it, it’s mostly good. If they come up with something of their own, you should be careful.

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #13,929 of 62,106
Hi guys, I'm a silent addicted from Italy with almost 10 TWS in my bag :wink:

I'm really triggered by new Vivo TWS with QCC 5126 chip... anybody else?

Saw them and was also very curious when I read the specs ... but I am not a fan of the stem-based design a la AirPods ... can't get a decent fit

Also still waiting for a reviews saying that ANC in TWS has reached QC20 levels ...

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #13,930 of 62,106
Me too but I find them confortable at home or to work at PC where I need to listen also to other people.
Just an advice for everybody: Stay away from Xiaomi Air 2, they are crap... 50$ directly in the trash bin

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #13,931 of 62,106
just bought the Shanling MTW100BA For anyone in the states, you can buy them from music Tech, that's a dealer i was refered to by a rep from Shanling when i messaged them 10 days ago asking about where to buy from the states. I'd never heard of them before. They have a 30 day return policy as well and except Amazon Pay and Paypal. BA version is $89 and they had both Black and Red in stock, as well as the white DD version for $79.

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #13,932 of 62,106
Oct 22, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #13,933 of 62,106
Shanling MTW100BA is my current favorite TWS for now.

Like:
The sound is natural and balanced, perfect mids and extended highs. The bass is little shy but can be EQ to desired level.
Fit is perfect, small and light. Comfortable to sleep with. No fatigue after many hours of use.
Isolation is good. (not with the stock tips)
Battery life is ok (about 6 hours).
Phone calls: no complains.
Light speed connection to my phone.
Wireless charging.

Don't like:
The case cover is flimsy and hard to open.
The space for tips in the case is small, can't fit larger tips then charging.
Touch control is hit or miss.
No power off button when not in the case. The buds are draining the battery if not playing and not in the case (constantly connected to bluetooth).
No proper manual. Don't know how to reset.
No volume control.

I would pay double if Shanling will fix all of the above in the their next generation buds.

Oct 22, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #13,934 of 62,106
So far, they sound...pretty bad.

- Hollow
- Muffled
- Frequency imbalance (vocals recessed more on left side).
- Disjointed, as if some frequencies (mids & highs) are missing.

It's a very weird sound. Kind of sounds a bit like you're in a cave. No AAC support, just aptX, but it doesn't matter, they sound like trash.
Wow, and all 5-star reviews on Amazon. Goes to validate your view about Amazon feedback, though now and then someone with credibility posts there.

Oct 22, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #13,935 of 62,106
Anyone using the Galaxy Buds with an iPhone can speak about the stock EQ? Seems like they would be perfect for me if I was an Android user and could take advantage of their EQ app, as I think it applies it on their DSP and not directly on the phone. My current wired daily-drivers are the MH755 and the Tin Audio T2.

Other options I'm considering are the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 (cons being their weird shape and microUSB charging) and the Shanling MTW100 (which I think still haven't been reviewed here). I don't mind paying between 150-250€, but want something solid that I don't feel like upgrading soon.
Well, I am an M1 owner and true believer, though not everyone here would agree. Caveat (at least for me and a couple of other M1 owners I know) is with the stock silicone tips: not a fan, but with the included foam tips, a fan. Having said that, the included foam tips are smallish so if your ear canals are larger than average, could be a deal breaker. Cambridge has created a larger pair, but not available for sale that I can tell. Plus, they only sell the original sized foam tips in the UK, so a friend over there is sending me a 10-pack (5 pair) for $17 shipped.

Anyway, I really love the M1 sound signature. I am not alone, but they don't get the same praise hereabouts, and they are not in the budget price range. Another pro-M1 owner here is Digdub, so you can search for those posts as well.

The charging thing not a big deal for me. As for the "look" yes they do stick out, but I also don't care about that. I did have to send back my first pair, which had dropouts, but their customer service in the US is very very good. In fact, they are sending me 4 pair of foam tips (3 med, 1 large) gratis because I could not buy them here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back