Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 21, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #13,906 of 62,111
In the good old USA, Philly to be exact. That is truly strange. Could be a controlled geographic rollout, which is what Directv does now and then. But it makes no sense that yours is up to date on the version that came with mine. I guess Anker doesn't do FW updates very often?

Funny thing is, Stop Making Sense sounds exactly the same with 1.15 and 1.65, so no idea what bugs they were referring to. Pretty minimalist approach to a FW update, "fixing bugs."

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #13,907 of 62,111
One weird thing about those DD Soundpeats, the only reviews on Amazon (19 right now) all occurred in September, none in October. All 5 stars, to the person. Wonder why no one bothered to review them in October yet? All say verified purchase, just an odd pattern. Oh, and many of them are bunched on the same dates, especially 9/3, 9/13, 9/16 and 9/23. Just find that odd. Probably means nothing.
I always take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt anyway, especially Chi-Fi. Most of the options that mean anything are on here. Some people are "blown away" by this or that, but if they've only used stock earbuds, etc., well of course. Most of us on here have mid-to-high-end setups, even if we're on a wireless addiction. All about context!

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #13,908 of 62,111
I'm finding I'm having a hard time getting a good fit too. The default tips are the right width but they're so long it feels like they're hanging out of my ears rather than resting along whatever the outer flanges of the ear are called. Are you using the stock tips? Besides the fit they're great especially at a mere $120. The compact case is probably my favorite feature though

I also struggled to get a good fit - tried many different tips but they tend to fall off too easily. In the end I removed the 'sports cover' and just went with the default tips - I tend to moisten them slightly and give them a good jiggle around to get the fit nice and deep but I also pull up on both ears to equalise the pressure that's built up from insertion. Once I get a good seal and have equalised the pressure, they sound utterly amazing.

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #13,909 of 62,111
I always take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt anyway, especially Chi-Fi. Most of the options that mean anything are on here. Some people are "blown away" by this or that, but if they've only used stock earbuds, etc., well of course. Most of us on here have mid-to-high-end setups, even if we're on a wireless addiction. All about context!
Good points.

Oct 21, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #13,911 of 62,111
NVM I bit the bullet for the Jabra 65t I hope I like them. Guess I will just do my own research and stay a lurker.

Thanks!
There's actually a lot of feedback on the 65t in this thread, you just need to search. :)

They're good, great for calls, fit most people well, and physical controls are decent. The one big gripe is the sound is just "OK" and there have been reports of one side becoming softer in volume over time.

Oct 21, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #13,912 of 62,111
Hey guys, new to posting on this thread, but have been reading it for a while. My MW07+ is coming in tomorrow and I'm going to post a full review after I do some listening and testing for a couple days. I know people have had a tough time connecting to AAC and AptX so I'm going to test that and see if they have fixed this issue. I did e-mail M&D and they stated affirmatively that the MW07+ does support AAC, but we'll see. Also wanted to say this is a great thread and thanks to those who continue to contribute!

Will be very happy if someone finds a way to activate AAC on these!

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #13,913 of 62,111
There's actually a lot of feedback on the 65t in this thread, you just need to search. :)

They're good, great for calls, fit most people well, and physical controls are decent. The one big gripe is the sound is just "OK" and there have been reports of one side becoming softer in volume over time.

Yea that's why I was trying to see how they compared too shenling mtw100 in terms of sound. I'm stuck on a budget and wanted to know since I haven't seen any comparisons. Shinling in the forum here was said to be really good for the budget but Jabra had alot of reviews that even compared to Sennheiser (that surprised me). But yea the Jabra was the same price in refurb so yea.

Oct 22, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #13,915 of 62,111
A new challenger to the SONY WF-1000XM3 has just (a few days ago) been announced by 1MORE

The 1MORE EDH9001TA, a Dual Driver (1 Dynamic & 1 Armature) True Wireless with TWS+ and ANC

A true successor to their current "Stylish" True Wireless (basically the shape and look of the buds are identical).

I currently own the "Stylish" (E1026BT-I), which I like for the balanced profile without excessive Base, so very much looking forward to the upgrades

Specs:
Model no. EDH9001TA
Ear bud weight: 7.9g (per side), 79.2g total w. charging case
Drivers: 1 x 10mm Titanium Lined Dynamic + 1 x 1MORE STA-1 A5C22 Armature
Microphone: Qualcomm CVC8.0 Dual noise cancelling
BT version: 5.0
Codec: AptX, AAC (up to 24bit)
Playtime per charge: 6hr (5hr w. ANC on)
Total play time: 22hr
Bud Battery Capacity: 38mAh
Case Battery Capacity: 410mAh
Charge Connection: USB-C / Qi Wireless
Assistant: Google / Siri / Xiao Ai

Can find more information and pictures at TaoBao (Tmall):
https://1more.world.tmall.com/shop/...14.4.223013d8brepHZ&user_number_id=1918358169

Retail price RMB1299 (USD185), available from mid November

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #13,916 of 62,111
I must admit dual dynamic driver is tickling my fancy - keep us posted!

I missed my Liberty 2 delivery for my work trip :frowning2:
So far, they sound...pretty bad.

- Hollow
- Muffled
- Frequency imbalance (vocals recessed more on left side).
- Disjointed, as if some frequencies (mids & highs) are missing.

It's a very weird sound. Kind of sounds a bit like you're in a cave. No AAC support, just aptX, but it doesn't matter, they sound like trash.

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #13,917 of 62,111

- Hollow
- Muffled

It's a very weird sound. Kind of sounds a bit like you're in a cave. No AAC support, just aptX, but it doesn't matter, they sound like trash.
Is it my imagination or do they look like Syllable S101s with wings?

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #13,919 of 62,111

- Hollow
- Muffled

that's a darn shame... it looks really cool

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #13,920 of 62,111
Dual DD like the Syllable and BlitzWolf, but they sound nothing like them. They also fit poorly and do not sit in your ear well. Avoid these. Trash.
Well that takes care of it, thanks for the report.
Might try the LP2 at some point, how do you find their passive isolation compared to say the WF-1000Xm3s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back