Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 18, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #13,666 of 62,145
Indeed they have. I actually downloaded it even before it was “officially” released, when it was quietly put on the App Store (though the App Store listing still says that it is a “beta”).

Landscape Mode is somewhat useful, though because the mics are situated on the earhook portion, such that they are pointing backwards when you are wearing it, it makes hearing people in front of you sound muffled. Still much better than the “Ambient Mode” of the Radsone ES100, which was my previous Bluetooth solution, though that’s not saying much at all.

Update on the high-pitched tone: It’s still there, and my theory is that it is due to lousy isolation between the digital and analog stages of the TM2 (see also: most onboard sound cards on laptops). You cannot hear it using the included (dynamic driver) IEMs, so I guess it serves me right for using high-sensitivity BA IEMs on this.

I’ve now isolated it to about 7810Hz. I can even get some weird binaural beat thing going on if I play a tone at that frequency and low volume using a tone generator app.
I'm not used to the landscape mode yet. It sounds a little funny and there's a delay of when the external sound is repeated into the earphone. I've also noticed the loss of using the tough slide volume.

Edit: after the TM2 completely discharged and recharged, the volume slide is working fine for me again.

I don't hear the high-pitched tone but maybe my hearing isn't as good as it used to be.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #13,667 of 62,145
Hello everybody, I try to buy the MWO7 +, I live in France but I can't only choose US or Canada in the shopping cart of the MD website. Do you know another way to buy these TW and send to France ?

Edit : Sorry; I wasn't in the good section of the website. There is a folder Europe. "Oops !"

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #13,668 of 62,145
Not sure if this was posted, but Gamesky just came out with the review of the KZ E10. Seems like sound quality is great but quality control and connectivity issues abound. Guess the BT20S + KZ ZS10 are a better buy at this point...

BT20 modules are still a bunch bulkier :wink:

I guess I got very lucky (or KZ got very unlucky to supply both, Gamesky and El Jeffe, with faulty units) but I am not having any connection issues (nor volume balance trouble), I agree on the volume itself .. often I find myself at 10% and that's already enough :wink:

I might not THAT over the moon with the SQ as he is (as of right now), mainly because I still want to give it some more time, compare more with other KZ IEMs ... and not fall into the same hype trap :D you know, expectation management :D ... they DO sound very very nice! (Also still waiting for my wider bore spinfits)

Oct 18, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #13,669 of 62,145
BT20 modules are still a bunch bulkier :wink:

I guess I got very lucky (or KZ got very unlucky to supply both, Gamesky and El Jeffe, with faulty units) but I am not having any connection issues (nor volume balance trouble), I agree on the volume itself .. often I find myself at 10% and that's already enough :wink:

I might not THAT over the moon with the SQ as he is (as of right now), mainly because I still want to give it some more time, compare more with other KZ IEMs ... and not fall into the same hype trap :D you know, expectation management :D ... they DO sound very very nice! (Also still waiting for my wider bore spinfits)

if I'm not mistaken you also have the KZ T1? how do they compare in sound?

Oct 18, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #13,670 of 62,145
if I'm not mistaken you also have the KZ T1? how do they compare in sound?
You are not :wink:

That's another comparison I still need to do ... gut feeling right now is that the bass on the T1 had a bit more punch ... I find myself ever so slightly wishing for just a smidge more bass on the E10 ... just a tiny little :wink: maybe still comes with burn in or once I put C145 spinfits on

Oct 18, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #13,671 of 62,145
I think they are all likely the same, it's just some people can hear the frequency the hiss derives from better than others. Looks like purely a firmware fix, not a hardware issue.

I hear NO hiss. But I'm not really looking for it. And I'm quite sure there's a chunk of the highest octave of human hearing that I can't hear. Though I'd expect a hiss to be more like a white noise which would be across the entire audio spectrum, no?

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #13,672 of 62,145
You are not :wink:

That's another comparison I still need to do ... gut feeling right now is that the bass on the T1 had a bit more punch ... I find myself ever so slightly wishing for just a smidge more bass on the E10 ... just a tiny little :wink: maybe still comes with burn in or once I put C145 spinfits on

EDIT: just compared with my fav bass test track .. and nope, the E10 actually have a hair more than the T1 :) shows how important side by side comparisons are ... also, E10 much wider soundstage, better separation, more sparkly in the upper region ... the T1 still sound pretty awesome and I feel I get a better fit / seal ... the rubber hooks of the E10 make me reach for longer tips to achieve max. penetration and even then it's eh .. not as free at the T1 ...

Eventually need to find some time to compare with BT20 + AS6, ZS10 pro, ZSX, CCA C10, AS16? :D let's see

Speaking of great test tracks. can't vouch for the quality of the YT upload, but if you can find that anywhere in HiRes, this is awesome for checking headphones of all kinds:

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #13,673 of 62,145
And right on cue, the Liberty 2 Pros arrived! This hobby is getting out of hand, Liberty 2 arrived, KZ E10 coming next week, and MW07 Go on order. I really think I have a problem.
i hear ya. i've been slowly getting caught up on this thread after taking a break for a bit, had the B530s for the review, really like them, sold them. Took a chance on the ofusho F16s, man. They suuuuuuuck! What a crap*y product. Fusho! What's worse is i forgot to get them sent back in time. :frowning2: Gag gifts i guess, as i bought one for my friend, she didn't love them either. looking at the Shanling BA, was initially thinking the DD version but think i'll get the BA if i do pick them up. plus also looking at the Tevis, as i loved the mpowT5s, but wanted a tad less bass and a mor open sound. Also looking at the plantronics Backbeat Pro 5100, and the MW07 Go. Can someone describe the look of the the Go Vs the OG Mw07? i have no vision at all. Are they shaped the same with the wings as well? or totally different? Hoping they're a bit smaller.

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #13,674 of 62,145
For those of you saddened by the thought that my MW07 Plus would be sitting unused for a week or so, fear not good gentlefolk, ye olde FedEx hath just notified me of a Delivery Date of TOMORROW :laughing::muscle::beerchug:
Please report on them immediately. It is your duty. I am particularly interested in the quality of the ANC.

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #13,675 of 62,145
i hear ya. i've been slowly getting caught up on this thread after taking a break for a bit, had the B530s for the review, really like them, sold them. Took a chance on the ofusho F16s, man. They suuuuuuuck! What a ****y product. Fusho! What's worse is i forgot to get them sent back in time. :frowning2: Gag gifts i guess, as i bought one for my friend, she didn't love them either. looking at the Shanling BA, was initially thinking the DD version but think i'll get the BA if i do pick them up. plus also looking at the Tevis, as i loved the mpowT5s, but wanted a tad less bass and a mor open sound. Also looking at the plantronics Backbeat Pro 5100, and the MW07 Go. Can someone describe the look of the the Go Vs the OG Mw07? i have no vision at all. Are they shaped the same with the wings as well? or totally different? Hoping they're a bit smaller.

Same shape. Yes they are a bit smaller and quite a bit lighter.

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #13,676 of 62,145
EDIT: just compared with my fav bass test track .. and nope, the E10 actually have a hair more than the T1 :) shows how important side by side comparisons are ... also, E10 much wider soundstage, better separation, more sparkly in the upper region ... the T1 still sound pretty awesome and I feel I get a better fit / seal ... the rubber hooks of the E10 make me reach for longer tips to achieve max. penetration and even then it's eh .. not as free at the T1 ...

Eventually need to find some time to compare with BT20 + AS6, ZS10 pro, ZSX, CCA C10, AS16? :D let's see

out of those, i only had listened to the ZS10 Pro to use as a reference. I'll be waiting for the full review :ksc75smile:

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #13,678 of 62,145

This mockup / render is not really filling me with confidence :)

apple-airpods-3-render.jpg

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #13,680 of 62,145
I love it when people tell us CA boys that it's "not that cold"...man it's cold as Santa's house, bruh!
lol. last weekend was cold no doubt, and snow in the forcast for Sunday. So theres That. Back on topic, What were your impressions of the Backbeat pro5100? any comparisons or similarities to any of the following. Senn MTW, PSb m4u Tw1, OG Anbes359, MW07, jabra Elite 65T, Tranya b530, QCY T1C, Mpow T5 and just in case they sound next level bad, the Meeaudio X10 or Ofusho F16. lol. Doubt they sound that terrible haha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back