Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 17, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #13,636 of 62,073
Aren't you thinking of the RHA that supported AAC and they didn't even know about it ?

If the MW07 Plus are ysing
Thanks. Anbes/SSK is my favorite also, because I do prioritize a wide soundstage. I wonder what would have an equal or wider soundstage but be an upgrade.

So did you pull the trigger on the B530 ? I was also looking at the Bomaker but the "brightness"/"harshness" I've now read about here and heard on YT reviews will make me give them a miss.

Oct 17, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #13,637 of 62,073
I think they are all likely the same, it's just some people can hear the frequency the hiss derives from better than others. Looks like purely a firmware fix, not a hardware issue.
Not sure its firmware. Sounds like hardware. Choices are to return for a refund or wait for the new and improved versions and do a warranty exchange.

Oct 17, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #13,638 of 62,073
Not sure its firmware. Sounds like hardware. Choices are to return for a refund or wait for the new and improved versions and do a warranty exchange.

correct. i pasted that support reply here and on the soundcore forums, and missed pasting the part where the support rep said I can ask for an exchange when the improved version is available.

Oct 17, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #13,639 of 62,073
Very excited - my MW07 Plus just shipped apparently... says it will be here in 3-5 days if the email is to be trusted!

(I'll be gone,sadly, in cold Park City, Utah. :expressionless:

upload_2019-10-17_15-39-28.png

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #13,641 of 62,073
Those of you that have the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro, can you please let me know what firmware your device is on? (You can find the current firmware in the app.) I’m on 1.09, and it’s not updating.

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #13,642 of 62,073
Should have my L2Pro tomorrow.

Someone got a support response over on the soundcore site regarding background noise:
"Firstly, please note the higher sensitivity of the driver is, the richer the sound details are. And the background noise is more obvious compared to those earbuds with less sensitive drivers. Every ear is unique and different. Some feel it strong and some could not recognize it. We’ve worked out this issue and will have the new version (less background noise) ready in about 4 weeks."

Makes sense that due to the BA high sensitivity it picks up the amp noise floor more. Not much room for custom amp setups in TWS so guess this likely is an issue for all BA TWS designs.

that's is a pretty weak defense from them. i have earin M2 which is a single knowles BA, and also tried the Mifo BA, and some multi BA/Hybrid IEM paired with BT20s that don't have noticable hiss. haven't heard reports about the KZ TWS making hiss noise too.

so unless all of their testing team can't hear past 7 KHz, they should have noticed that. maybe they did, and just let it slide, to see if no one noticed

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #13,643 of 62,073
that's is a pretty weak defense from them. i have earin M2 which is a single knowles BA, and also tried the Mifo BA, and some multi BA/Hybrid IEM paired with BT20s that don't have noticable hiss. haven't heard reports about the KZ TWS making hiss noise too.

so unless all of their testing team can't hear past 7 KHz, they should have noticed that. maybe they did, and just let it slide, to see if no one noticed

I'm still at a loss for how some people can't hear it. There must be some units that dont have it. It's a weak defense but at least they seem to be owning up to it. I'm sure they made the calculated decision just allow exchanges for those who were bothered by it. Audeze went through a similar issue with the mobius. And mw07 has some hiss too. The anker is the worst I've heard to date. Honestly it's too bad because they are a home run at 99 bucks. Did any reviews mention it?

Oct 17, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #13,644 of 62,073
I'm still at a loss for how some people can't hear it. There must be some units that dont have it. It's a weak defense but at least they seem to be owning up to it. I'm sure they made the calculated decision just allow exchanges for those who were bothered by it. Audeze went through a similar issue with the mobius. And mw07 has some hiss too. The anker is the worst I've heard to date. Honestly it's too bad because they are a home run at 99 bucks. Did any reviews mention it?

i also thought that they do know the hiss, but betting to let that batch sold first and hoping no one or minimal number of person would be bothered and demand replacement.

Oct 17, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #13,645 of 62,073
damn

Dear {name},

Thanks for pre-ordering Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro!

While we are absolutely blown away by the response to Liberty 2 Pro, pre-orders have far exceeded our expectations. Unfortunately, that means that we’re sprinting to catch up and there may be a short delay in shipment. We expect your order to be shipped out from our US warehouse by Oct 30, with shipments taking 3-5 business days. We’ll send you tracking information as soon as we have it.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience, and rest assured we’re working as hard as we can to get things back on track. Should you have any questions, feel free to reply to the email or contact our customer service team via service@soundcore.com

Thanks,

Soundcore Team

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191017-170151.jpg
    Screenshot_20191017-170151.jpg
    807.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #13,647 of 62,073
Those of you that have the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro, can you please let me know what firmware your device is on? (You can find the current firmware in the app.) I’m on 1.09, and it’s not updating.
Same. No updates yet.

Oct 17, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #13,649 of 62,073
I love samsung phones but hate its sound never approach ip6 (one of best sq Iphone)

I agree. That’s why I have been in no rush to get rid of my iPhone SE. Same great sound as the 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back