Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 27, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #10,951 of 62,176
Wud hv bought them if not for the atrocious battery life....somebody mentioned here that the new colors have better battery life....dont remember who that was ....can they confirm what color it was and how much runtime they re getting ??
2.5 hours max before warnings. To me it's still totally worth fabulous SQ. Every time I have to use T5 as a backup I'm reminded of the difference. And these are the best that ChiFi has to offer.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #10,952 of 62,176
Thanks for the recommendations! Honestly, what got me buying the SSF was your impression a few hundred posts back. So the budget options you suggested sound just as good?
I thought you weren't that impressed by the Liberate airs. Don't they only support SBC?
The Bose SSF are a very good sounding TWS. The only issues are the semi-open config (obviously they're designed that way), they stick out, and poor distance from source.

I do like the Liberate Air quite a bit. They have aptX and AAC, even though their marketing does not say they do. I've been using them for several days now, including with business calls, and I'm very satisfied.

The budget options sound good, but I wouldn't say they sound as good or better than the SSF, however, the increased isolation does help "fill out" the sound. The safest budget bet, IMO, is the MPOW T5.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #10,953 of 62,176
2.5 hours max before warnings. To me it's still totally worth fabulous SQ. Every time I have to use T5 as a backup I'm reminded of the difference. And these are the best that ChiFi has to offer.
Agreed. As long as you're OK with 2.5 hours of bliss and have good backups, it's worth the plunge if you have the cash.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #10,954 of 62,176
I meant the feedback comments. Don’t think you need to send them back after testing...but I dunno. I just saw the offering and share it here ‍♂️
Let us know how Tranya is driving this testing process.

Ummm, are they shipping those to you for free?

Well, enjoy then anyways and glad to see there is a bunch of headfiers contributing to

P.S : you kind of make me quite jealous!
I received an email from them and they want you to pay for it, then they will refund half, then the remaining half when your review is complete. Too much trouble for me, so I'll just wait for some feedback.

In the meantime, i just ordered the FIIL TWS. I have their on-ear headphones, which are quite good, so hoping these measure up to those. It says noise cancelling, but that's just the mic (I hate when they do that).

upload_2019-8-27_13-2-40.png

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #10,955 of 62,176
I meant the feedback comments. Don’t think you need to send them back after testing...but I dunno. I just saw the offering and share it here ‍♂️
Let us know how Tranya is driving this testing process.

Ummm, are they shipping those to you for free?

Well, enjoy then anyways and glad to see there is a bunch of headfiers contributing to

P.S : you kind of make me quite jealous!

It's ordered through Amazon, so prime shipping

Aug 27, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #10,956 of 62,176
I received an email from them and they want you to pay for it, then they will refund half, then the remaining half when your review is complete. Too much trouble for me, so I'll just wait for some feedback.

Dang. OK thanks for the heads up. I won't pay, so I'm out if they ask.

Aug 27, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #10,957 of 62,176
Dang. OK thanks for the heads up. I won't pay, so I'm out if they ask.
I went ahead and did it. If they don't fulfill their end, it's easy enough to send them back to Amazon.

Aug 27, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #10,958 of 62,176
I went ahead and did it. If they don't fulfill their end, it's easy enough to send them back to Amazon.
I would do it, but I'm on a heavy duty rough budget. Can't wait for your thoughts. Rahaha I punish myself coming here.

Aug 27, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #10,959 of 62,176
I would do it, but I'm on a heavy duty rough budget. Can't wait for your thoughts. Rahaha I punish myself coming here.
I'm be sure to let you all know. Also I get my IE600s today!

Aug 27, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #10,960 of 62,176

I'm be sure to let you all know. Also I get my IE600s today!

I signed up as well, figured if there's something fishy or some problems then I'll just use Amazon's return policy. But Tranya seems to be a pretty good brand so I'm not too worried... Plus I'm really curious lol

Aug 27, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #10,961 of 62,176
Seems they are just out of the oven and still burning...:wink: They come with touch controls (thumbs up for that).
On the down side and always taken with a pinch of salt, the case seems larger that that from previous models (should better shrink, damn) and I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't decide to pack a Qualcomm QCC302X to have true mono mode and better call quality. The description says these come with a Realtek chip

Anyway, the Tranya brand is kind of a safe bet, so I'm sure they'll be a great pair.

By the way, for you fellows on the US, the official Tranya group in Facebook is asking for US reviewers (beta testers) - https://www.facebook.com/tranya.inf...9649357/510037309759652/?type=3&theater&ifg=1. There is an e-mail for those interested. The call is from only a few hours ago

I am in on this.
Thanks for the heads-up!

Aug 27, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #10,962 of 62,176
Caipirina been using the Funcl W1. No breaks ups and might be the best TWS I own that let's you go 30ish feet without breakup. If only it had vol control they'd be my top two. So damn clear too for music and dialog. Buy buy buy.

Aug 27, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #10,963 of 62,176
Caipirina been using the Funcl W1. No breaks ups and might be the best TWS I own that let's you go 30ish feet without breakup. If only it had vol control they'd be my top two. So damn clear too for music and dialog. Buy buy buy.

How can you have none. Some have to be good. I can put my player on the fence on one side of the basketball court and run up and down full court with the BackBay Duet 50 and in line no obstruction I can go to 70 feet. It will have a quick small break up if I am on the other end and turn sideways in a way that blocks the signal with my head or arm perhaps. My player is a measley AGPtek with BT4.0 also. 5.0 -> 5.0 is supposed to be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back