Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 28, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #10,981 of 62,380
I´m still enjoying my Mpow T5. They are really great. But i will never wear them outside, beacuse they stick out so wide.

I think at my age I ran out of fcuks to give when it comes to appearances :)
I don't mind neither my Bose SSF nor Mpow T5 sticking out.

Or are you afraid they might fall out? I have done several runs with them and they sit very nicely ...

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #10,982 of 62,380
The Bose SSF are a very good sounding TWS. The only issues are the semi-open config (obviously they're designed that way), they stick out, and poor distance from source.

I do like the Liberate Air quite a bit. They have aptX and AAC, even though their marketing does not say they do. I've been using them for several days now, including with business calls, and I'm very satisfied.

The budget options sound good, but I wouldn't say they sound as good or better than the SSF, however, the increased isolation does help "fill out" the sound. The safest budget bet, IMO, is the MPOW T5.

If I'm happy with MW07 battery life and sound, should I try the Liberate Air? In other words, how does Liberate Air compare with MW07 in terms of sound and form factor (which is more comfortable, which sticks out more)?

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #10,983 of 62,380
I think at my age I ran out of fcuks to give when it comes to appearances :)
I don't mind neither my Bose SSF nor Mpow T5 sticking out.

Or are you afraid they might fall out? I have done several runs with them and they sit very nicely ...

They are very safe. But I do not want to be seen like that. :D

Aug 28, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #10,984 of 62,380
Did you guys get your half back on the B530 yet?

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #10,986 of 62,380
I haven't. but to be fair I ordered mine at 2am after receiving an email from Ida @ tranya and they haven't shipped yet.

About to place my order. Just so I'm clear because the instructions weren't super clear, we purchase on amazon and then they refund via paypal? But we don't have to use paypal right?

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #10,988 of 62,380
I haven't. but to be fair I ordered mine at 2am after receiving an email from Ida @ tranya and they haven't shipped yet.
I haven't checked myself yet. But will check tonight. Was just curious. I'm guessing more than 30 peeps will be reviewing these. Whoever gets these first please let us know and post pics. I hope mine get here this week. I'm so darn curious and salivating since its been over two month and no toys. Being unemployed really sucks. Sniff sniff:triportsad::triportsad:

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #10,989 of 62,380
Did you guys get your half back on the B530 yet?

We should get it back only after Amazon ships. Mine are supposed to ship next week

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #10,990 of 62,380
We should get it back only after Amazon ships. Mine are supposed to ship next week
Mine now says receiving Wed Sept 4. Although it has not shipped yet. I will check later to see if shipped. Arggg hurry up. Look at my sig :D edit. I just emailed Ida to see if I can keep them after my review. Hopefully Rahahaha

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #10,991 of 62,380
First couple of hours with BT20S paired with Kanas Pro are quite satisfying. I could not tell the difference from wired in terms of SQ and details with loseless music files other than DSD/SACD, though still too early to tell. Also my KPE haven't reached 100hr burn-in yet, so I hope the sound can still be improved. So far beyond my expectation. Currently I'll say they can rival any of TWS I've tried including Nuarl NT01AX and MW07 SQ-wise. I can hear a low hiss in a quiet surrounding, but am not annoyed whatsoever.

Also a nice surprise that BT20S connect to my LG V30 with AptX automatically. This never happens to all of my TWS as they always default to AAC. How can BT20S get it right?

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #10,993 of 62,380
First couple of hours with BT20S paired with Kanas Pro are quite satisfying. I could not tell the difference from wired in terms of SQ and details with loseless music files other than DSD/SACD, though still too early to tell. Also my KPE haven't reached 100hr burn-in yet, so I hope the sound can still be improved. So far beyond my expectation. Currently I'll say they can rival any of TWS I've tried including Nuarl NT01AX and MW07 SQ-wise. I can hear a low hiss in a quiet surrounding, but am not annoyed whatsoever.

Also a nice surprise that BT20S connect to my LG V30 with AptX automatically. This never happens to all of my TWS as they always default to AAC. How can BT20S get it right?

Thanks. I was eying this combo but stayed away as some impressions suggested the Kansas pro may require an amp. Definitely interested in your continuing thoughts.

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #10,994 of 62,380
I wonder how all those AirPod users live with those white sticks hanging down their ears :D
I don't like those stick TWS yuck. They seem old school now. The Syllables are weird looking, but not as bad as those sticks.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #10,995 of 62,380
I don't like those stick TWS yuck. They seem old school now. The Syllables are weird looking, but not as bad as those sticks.

One Japanese reviewer once compared them with udon-noodles stick out of ears :D

But that form factor sure raised awareness, even my 83 year old dad knew what those were (while he could not fathom what those black, bean shaped things were I stuffed into my ears) :D

I just find that this stick factor (i.e. on my Whizzer TP1) make it harder to create a good seal. For the earbud style of the airpods this is ok, for casual 'background' music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back