Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 28, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #10,996 of 62,010
Thanks. I was eying this combo but stayed away as some impressions suggested the Kansas pro may require an amp. Definitely interested in your continuing thoughts.
That's interesting. KPE wired make not much difference through my phone LG V30 and Chord Hugo 2, at least to my ears, not like other DD iems like IE800. Maybe it's the burn-in thing.

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #10,997 of 62,010
I´m still enjoying my Mpow T5. They are really great. But i will never wear them outside, beacuse they stick out so wide.
I´m looking for the new Sabbat E12 Ultra with AptX. But i only found them in this camouflage look.

And never found a review of them...:frowning2:

I'm also intrigued with how well the E12 Ultra goes and if the new Qualcomm chip is gonna be a worthy upgrade over the first version (that I love except for the crappy mic)... Really you cannot find them in a color other than camo? I have no problems getting them popping out in both AliX and Amazon (Spain) just by looking for "Sabbat E12 qcc3020" in both camo and traditional colors.

For the review, stay tuned to Gamesky channel on YT - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO4ZTteyr13tn2rG5hLu8pg . According what he said in a recent video, he'll be getting them this week and would post a review video soon after.

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #10,998 of 62,010
Look what the mailman dragged in ...

IMG_9545.JPG

Some first impression thoughts for now:

a) they work as advertized.
b) the charging case is big!
c) infuriating R/L switcheroo in box, why oh why keep designers do that?
d) my first TWE with battery indicator in % and for each ear separately. Neat-o.
e) not easy to get a good fit, did a lot of digging in my big ol' box of forgotten eartips and finally found something that would create a seal.
f) once I got a good seal I experienced that there can be something like 'way too much bass' ... this can become a bass monster! Maybe I am not supposed to seal it up?
g) no bells & whistles in the mid/highs ... it's there, it's ok, it does not sparkle. (Maybe this can improve over time? Warming up those 8mm drivers?)

Overall I am happy that this is not total trash, it has a bit of the guilty pleasure vibe those 10$ Anbes with their booming bass delivered .. .

It is VERY unclear if / how waterproof those are! There are not fancy pictures with splashes or drops in any of the descriptions. Shops vary with stating everything from IPX4 to IP67. But the instruction leaflet clearly says 'keep away from humidity, do not soak' ... so, sport & sweat at one's own risk ... (actually, just found on product box it says 'sweat & water resistant' ... YMMV :wink: )

To be clear, those are NOT the new powerbeats :) these are the PowerHBQ for less than 30$

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #10,999 of 62,010
If I'm happy with MW07 battery life and sound, should I try the Liberate Air? In other words, how does Liberate Air compare with MW07 in terms of sound and form factor (which is more comfortable, which sticks out more)?
The Liberate Air's form factor is similar to the MPOW T5, so they stick out a little, but nothing like the SSF. If you're happy with the MW07 battery and sound, I don't think the Liberate Air will replace it, but it would be a good backup (they sound nice and have a 9 hour battery).

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #11,000 of 62,010
I'm new here as I have been seriously considering dipping my toes in the BT arena. I'm not as up on some of the models everyone is talking about, so go easy.
My son has the TFZ clone out there and loves it.
I just got the Tranya 3, due in tomorrow. With the discounts from Amazon and some small credits I had, getting this for near nothing. Will post some impressions after I get some head-time.
I've always have been a wired guy, so this is new ground.

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #11,001 of 62,010
Just lurking a moment on Amazon and came across these handsome buddies - https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Ea...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=RTTQ6K44W8CXV0ZQDX2J on sale for only 35 US$

Seems to have been put out recently.

The first thing that caught my attention is the sleek look of both of the case and buds themselves.

Spec-wise they sound pretty solid and looks like they're ticking a lot of boxes:
* New Qualcomm chip with AptX
* 8 hours of play time plus massive full recharges from the case - Up to 19 for a total of 152 :)astonished:)
* IPX7
* Touch controls with full set of commands (including volume control)
* True mono mode - (according to one of the Q&A)

And that for only 35 US$

Unfortunately, not shipping to my country yet....I wouldn´t hesitate to give them a try otherwise.
Whatever they might unfold, I'm glad to see than more and more the bare minimum for TWSs are becoming mainstream at reasonable prices...:gs1000smile:
Also glad that the QCC3020 chip starts to become pervasive

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #11,002 of 62,010
I'm new here as I have been seriously considering dipping my toes in the BT arena. I'm not as up on some of the models everyone is talking about, so go easy.
My son has the TFZ clone out there and loves it.
I just got the Tranya 3, due in tomorrow. With the discounts from Amazon and some small credits I had, getting this for near nothing. Will post some impressions after I get some head-time.
I've always have been a wired guy, so this is new ground.
Lose the chains. You'll feel like Andy Dufresne.

upload_2019-8-28_9-59-58.png

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #11,003 of 62,010
Just lurking a moment on Amazon and came across these handsome buddies - https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Ea...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=RTTQ6K44W8CXV0ZQDX2J on sale for only 35 US$

The first thing that caught my attention is the sleek look of both of the case and buds themselves.

Spec-wise they sound pretty solid and looks like they're ticking a lot of boxes:
* 8 hours of play time plus massive full recharges from the case - Up to 19 for a total of 152 :)astonished:)
* IPX7

And that for only 35 US$

Unfortunately, not shipping to my country yet....I wouldn´t hesitate to give them a try otherwise.
Whatever they might unfold, I'm glad to see than more and more the bare minimum for TWSs are becoming mainstream at reasonable prices...:gs1000smile:
Looks like a retooled version of the Havit i93 with same looks but all new specs.

8F75B703-5C9F-4332-ABFC-EDB29C64D07E.jpeg

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #11,004 of 62,010

* IPX7

And that for only 35 US$

OH man that is so tempting. Hifi80 PLEASE get these and review them.

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #11,005 of 62,010
Looks like a retooled version of the Havit i93 with same looks but all new specs.

Good catch...man, you can easily be the most complete fin-TWS-printing database alive on planet ! Instant recognition :wink:

They even had the subtlety to slightly modify the slogan printed on the case - "Take" for "have". Jokes apart, sounds like such an upgrade on the inside side of thing for those

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #11,006 of 62,010

* IPX7

And that for only 35 US$

Also, looks a lot like the MPOW T5. i'm going to grab them and check them out.

hmm.. https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Ea...havit+tws&qid=1567013556&s=electronics&sr=1-4

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #11,008 of 62,010
Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #11,009 of 62,010
Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #11,010 of 62,010

Users who are viewing this thread

Back