Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 27, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #10,936 of 62,457
Experienced any connection issues?

What? Giving my babies away? Nevaaaahhh!!!
No bad connection here. I used them recently on my bike ride and no cutoffs at all. Having SBC only like the 359 they sound fantastic. I don't own any apple stuff so those codecs font mean squat, except aptx, which my Cayin N3 has. The main reason I want the T5 is to see if any sound difference with aptx.
Come man give the stuff you don't use to family. Rahahaha.

Aug 27, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #10,937 of 62,457
No bad connection here. I used them recently on my bike ride and no cutoffs at all. Having SBC only like the 359 they sound fantastic. I don't own any apple stuff so those codecs font mean squat, except aptx, which my Cayin N3 has. The main reason I want the T5 is to see if any sound difference with aptx.
Come man give the stuff you don't use to family. Rahahaha.

I am really trying to keep them all in rotation :wink: and wife already got one pair (she is a total BT-phobe, so she got a 'good' airpod clone with faux W1 chip :) ) ...

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #10,939 of 62,457
I am really trying to keep them all in rotation :wink: and wife already got one pair (she is a total BT-phobe, so she got a 'good' airpod clone with faux W1 chip :) ) ...
Charging the Funcl W1 right now. Will see if I get cutoffs at home. I'm waiting for Funcl and Anbes to come out with aptx.
Question for everyone:
Is there a big difference between aptx and aptXHD? And are there any BUDGET(broke) chifi TWS/DAP with aptXHD with clear highs and bass?

30$ with coupon.
[Upgraded Version of T1] TRANYA True Wireless Earbuds Built-in Microphone, Bluetooth 5.0 Deep Bass True Wireless Headphones, 7 Hours Continuous Playtime, 60 Hours Playtime with Charging Case, T1-Pro https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RW44S7Y/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_yMuzDb89NYBKV

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #10,940 of 62,457
Was it you that just bought the i3?

nope, I bought one from the brand that is not supposed to be talked about here in headfi

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #10,941 of 62,457
When you say Bose Soundlink 2, are you talking about the over-ear cans? If so, they're OK, but there are MUCH BETTER at that price. I had them, returned them.

If you're looking for a single budget TWS and an over-ear, then go with any of the following budget options, which all sound great and "exciting". To be honest, you're really not missing much when compared to the best; diminishing returns 'n all. However, if you want the best and are OK with 2.5 hours battery, the MW07 are the best in terms of pure SQ.

- MPOW T5
- Anbes 359 (Kissral Variant)
- Tranya T3
- Jlab Jbuds Air Icon
- GRDE TWS
- Cowin KY02

TONS of over-ear/on-ear options in the $100 range that are good.

If you want just ONE good TWS in the $150 range, take a look at the House of Marley Liberate Air. I just got them over the weekend and they are really good.
Thanks for the recommendations! Honestly, what got me buying the SSF was your impression a few hundred posts back. So the budget options you suggested sound just as good?
I thought you weren't that impressed by the Liberate airs. Don't they only support SBC?

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #10,942 of 62,457
Thanks for the recommendations! Honestly, what got me buying the SSF was your impression a few hundred posts back. So the budget options you suggested sound just as good?
I thought you weren't that impressed by the Liberate airs. Don't they only support SBC?
SBC is not a bad thing. Most of my TWS have them and they sound fantastic. The actual tuning is the real important Thang. ✌️

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #10,943 of 62,457
I forgot to mention the range on the Sony X3 is amazing. I had it on priority on sound which should weaken/shorten the range and I was able to leave my phone upstairs in the middle of my house and go anywhere downstairs and even out in the backyard without one single drop out. None of my others have passed this test, so props to Sony!

Aug 27, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #10,944 of 62,457
i just saw this demo video of the ANC TWS, do you guys think that it sticks out too much?

Not as bad as I thought, got a link for the video ? Thanks !

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #10,945 of 62,457
Not as bad as I thought, got a link for the video ? Thanks !
FYI, drop (former massdrop) has MW07 for $199.
Wud hv bought them if not for the atrocious battery life....somebody mentioned here that the new colors have better battery life....dont remember who that was ....can they confirm what color it was and how much runtime they re getting ??

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #10,946 of 62,457
Got no reply from Tranya yet. :frowning2: Did everyone get a fast reply? My great luck this year I bet all slots taken.

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #10,947 of 62,457
Got no reply from Tranya yet. :frowning2: Did everyone get a fast reply? My great luck this year I bet all slots taken.
I did. Talked to the rep last night. Mine should be here next week.

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #10,948 of 62,457
sorry if this isn't the right thread to ask, but I'm trying to find out more about the Nuarl NT01AX.
I own Sennheiser HD6xx and momentum 2.0 over-ears.
I've tried Bose Soundsports Free and actually really liked the fit, especially cuz they're not in-ears. The sound signature was kinda close to the 6xx too.
Right now I'm deciding between the soundsports or the Nuarl. Anyone tried both and can say which one might be a more neutral signature? or maybe which one is closer to the hd 6xx sound signature?

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #10,949 of 62,457

Yeah, got a reply same day.

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #10,950 of 62,457
Do they expect you to send them back? Would be first review sample I've seen that with (especially considering these go in your ears, so kind of gross if they try to resell)

Edit: also, me four

I meant the feedback comments. Don’t think you need to send them back after testing...but I dunno. I just saw the offering and share it here ‍♂️
Let us know how Tranya is driving this testing process.

Ummm, are they shipping those to you for free?

Well, enjoy then anyways and glad to see there is a bunch of headfiers contributing to

P.S : you kind of make me quite jealous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back