Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 23, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #10,786 of 62,138
Got these bad boys, Honshoop W1, yesterday. I have to say, the sound was better than I expected. Lots of high quality bass, good mids and highs. Not Mpow T5 good, but still good. Unfortunately after less than an hour of listening the touch button on the right earbud stopped working completely. Not sure if I'll get a replacement or move on to something else. I liked how lightweight they were, and they were comfortable, but sometimes lack of substance is a sign of poor quality... A pity because I enjoyed their sound!

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #10,787 of 62,138
Got these bad boys, Honshoop W1, yesterday. I have to say, the sound was better than I expected. Lots of high quality bass, good mids and highs. Not Mpow T5 good, but still good. Unfortunately after less than an hour of listening the touch button on the right earbud stopped working completely. Not sure if I'll get a replacement or move on to something else. I liked how lightweight they were, and they were comfortable, but sometimes lack of substance is a sign of poor quality... A pity because I enjoyed their sound!
Replace them they are one of my favs. Never had an issue.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #10,788 of 62,138
Aug 23, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #10,789 of 62,138
Thanks. Got the Wavefun Xpods 3.

Can't say there is much not to like about the freebie program since its... well... free :)

Not sure what you mean by "crazy review homework"?

I haven't written the review yet - just barely breaking them in for now. I'll post my review on here once done as well.

I'll keep note of the photo suggestion - thanks.
Dang they that bad? Nothing on SQ in 2 days. :p

Aug 23, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #10,790 of 62,138
Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #10,791 of 62,138
Aug 23, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #10,792 of 62,138
Anyone try out the Edifier TWS5 yet? I saw some mention that they were out earlier in the thread, and there's 1 video review on YouTube that is favorable.

Yep, I was really close to get me a pair when they were put out since they sound like a pretty solid product (QCC chip, renowned Chi-Fi brand, touch controls, compact case...) but then I come across a showstopper: no volume control. I could skip track control but volume is a must for my use profile... and I think in general por any TWS above 60 dollars.
That’s the downer. Other than that, they are appealing.

Aug 23, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #10,793 of 62,138
Dang they that bad? Nothing on SQ in 2 days. :p

Lol that's more to do with being busy than anything else.

I was actually going to praise then on here and just today I got connectivity issues :/

Anyone know what constant green flashing on one earbud means?

Or anyone know how to factory reset the Wavefun Xpods 3?

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #10,794 of 62,138
Lol that's more to do with being busy than anything else.

I was actually going to praise then on here and just today I got connectivity issues :/

Anyone know what constant green flashing on one earbud means?

Or anyone know how to factory reset the Wavefun Xpods 3?
Well that sucks.

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #10,795 of 62,138
This is good info, and in-line with most of what I've read. My T5's are nicely balanced with the stock tips. I don't think I'd like to have less bass.
It's interesting that some reviewers, I think on Amazon, said that the bass was more enhanced with the CP360's.
It might be a personal thing. I'll see and report back.

Thanks again for this info!

I think it is likely a problem specific to me (with the shape of my ears) Sounds fine if I jam them in but have trouble keeping them there Hope they work better for you.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #10,796 of 62,138
Replace them they are one of my favs. Never had an issue.

Aside from the broken touch button, these do sound fantastic. Not a huge fan of the included eartips, but they sound great with something that gets a better seal!

Aug 23, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #10,797 of 62,138
I just did a brief test with a fan blowing wind. The Jabra Elite 65t's ambient mode seems to work well with wind noise - just a little bit of rustling. On the other hand the Jabees Firefly Pro is quite poor with wind with more rustling noise. As a result I wouldn't recommend them for this purpose, and on my unit I also noticed the right earbud's ambient sound cuts off under direct sunlight (strange I know).

Thanks for checking!

I guess it boils down to how high quality the mic implemention is...

Aug 23, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #10,798 of 62,138
I got a delivery notification for the Sony Wf1000XM3 today and it says this Monday, cant wait to give these a try. Hope they live up to all the reviews. My only worry is that it wont be loud enough like the first iteration. they where loud when maxed out but these was times when i wish it had a few extra.

Aug 24, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #10,800 of 62,138
Anyone know these? Awei T6C

They caught my eye because of the small form factor, wireless charging and that crazy gap between regular price and sales price ... oh, and one reviewer claims they have volume control ..

Tempting ...

awaiT6C.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back