Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 21, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #10,756 of 62,030
Yes mine shows up as Air in the bluetooth listing. I don't hear hiss on mine though. The sound is quite well articulated and open, not congested. The nozzle is oval shaped, and there's a lady speaking English "reverse" "forward" "primary" "secondary" which I find quite useful.
Overall I don't find them congested, but the Coolhere UFO just sounds more airy, but also as if someone cranked up the EQ rather than an actual difference. It is useful for some extent but I personally find the dialogue rather irritating at times. I think it's partly because it sounds like the Google voice stretched out, yet there's still that familiar British woman saying all the basic commands (pairing, power on, your headset is connected...). The problem for me is that the "forward" and "reverse" interfere a bit with the start of a track though even without it, sometimes a track will start distorted anyways.

After removing the nozzle filters and looking at the drivers, it seems like they are somewhat asymmetric. On the left, I see a metal plate with 4 holes on each corner (though one hole seems more like a small dent in the metal), but on the right it seems there's only 3 holes. My current configuration is to have no filters on the right, and LOTS of foam on the left to tone down the midrange and treble.

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #10,757 of 62,030
Overall I don't find them congested, but the Coolhere UFO just sounds more airy, but also as if someone cranked up the EQ rather than an actual difference. It is useful for some extent but I personally find the dialogue rather irritating at times. I think it's partly because it sounds like the Google voice stretched out, yet there's still that familiar British woman saying all the basic commands (pairing, power on, your headset is connected...). The problem for me is that the "forward" and "reverse" interfere a bit with the start of a track though even without it, sometimes a track will start distorted anyways.

After removing the nozzle filters and looking at the drivers, it seems like they are somewhat asymmetric. On the left, I see a metal plate with 4 holes on each corner (though one hole seems more like a small dent in the metal), but on the right it seems there's only 3 holes. My current configuration is to have no filters on the right, and LOTS of foam on the left to tone down the midrange and treble.
It seems like you may have a faulty pair? Mine sounds the same for the left and right buds. I'm just waiting for the silicone pads to drop off like some others have experienced.

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #10,759 of 62,030
Has anyone made a comparison between syllabe s101 and tranya t3? Which on has more and better bass? Thanks

I had both - and I wasn't comparing them against one another directly but I still have the s101.

To be brief:
The recessed mid/high for the t3 resulted in an odd issue where, while I enjoyed the powerful but not super resolved bass, if I turned it up too much the highs were harsh. This sounds worse than it is - these were my nitpick sound wise.

The s101 has plenty of bass, and is otherwise solid for sound, including mids. I don't find the case as portable as the anbes, and I'd say the t3 is much better looking in-ear.

I do regret not playing around with an eq app while using the t3 just to see what it could have done.

The mpow t5 has solid if slightly cut off bass (just not _quite_ as full sounding to my ear), but agains, this is me nit-picking and looking for a reason to send back. (I'm probably one of the few tws minimalists here - I aim to find my own glorious do-it-all pair and own only those. :ksc75smile:

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #10,760 of 62,030
I had both - and I wasn't comparing them against one another directly but I still have the s101.

To be brief:
The recessed mid/high for the t3 resulted in an odd issue where, while I enjoyed the powerful but not super resolved bass, if I turned it up too much the highs were harsh. This sounds worse than it is - these were my nitpick sound wise.

The s101 has plenty of bass, and is otherwise solid for sound, including mids. I don't find the case as portable as the anbes, and I'd say the t3 is much better looking in-ear.

I do regret not playing around with an eq app while using the t3 just to see what it could have done.

The mpow t5 has solid if slightly cut off bass (just not _quite_ as full sounding to my ear), but agains, this is me nit-picking and looking for a reason to send back. (I'm probably one of the few tws minimalists here - I aim to find my own glorious do-it-all pair and own only those. :ksc75smile:

But you think syllabe has a more powerful bass than tranya t3?

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #10,762 of 62,030
By multi point connections do you mean the chipsets ability to connect to multiple devices at once or are you talking about True Wireless Stereo Plus etc?

Multipoint ist the ability to connect at least 2 devices at the same time. So you can watch a movie on your IPad and still getting calls from your smartphone.

Here is some more detailed explanation: https://www.jabra.com/blog/multipoint-explained-one-headset-for-all-devices/

It seems that the more expensive chips of the older CSR-series from Qualcomm can do that out of the box (scroll down a bit - second point under features):

https://www.qualcomm.com/system/fil...-audio-flash-product-brief_87-ce852-1-b_0.pdf

The newer QCC-series has no mentioning of multipoint in the descriptions.

But there are some devices with the newer QCC-chips with multipoint - at least according to their manuals (Aukey EP-B33, Oneplus Bullets Wireless 2). Unfortunately i found no TWS with QCC-chips and multipoint so far.

I already tried the Jabras Elite 65t active. Multipoint really worked well with them, but they had pretty high latency and annoying hiss on the left earbud.

Actually i'm considering something like the new Shanling UP2 instead of waiting and waiting for some new TWS with multipoint.

Aug 22, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #10,764 of 62,030
I finally received my QCY T3!

And? I am still on the fence about them, if I really 'need' them :wink:

Edit: just checked on them again and I see that in their case, waiting for the Sale really makes a difference ... maybe that's a sign :)

t3sale.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #10,766 of 62,030
Multipoint ist the ability to connect at least 2 devices at the same time. So you can watch a movie on your IPad and still getting calls from your smartphone.

Here is some more detailed explanation: https://www.jabra.com/blog/multipoint-explained-one-headset-for-all-devices/

It seems that the more expensive chips of the older CSR-series from Qualcomm can do that out of the box (scroll down a bit - second point under features):

https://www.qualcomm.com/system/fil...-audio-flash-product-brief_87-ce852-1-b_0.pdf

The newer QCC-series has no mentioning of multipoint in the descriptions.

But there are some devices with the newer QCC-chips with multipoint - at least according to their manuals (Aukey EP-B33, Oneplus Bullets Wireless 2). Unfortunately i found no TWS with QCC-chips and multipoint so far.

I already tried the Jabras Elite 65t active. Multipoint really worked well with them, but they had pretty high latency and annoying hiss on the left earbud.

Actually i'm considering something like the new Shanling UP2 instead of waiting and waiting for some new TWS with multipoint.
I have the Aukey EP-B33 and it does have multipoint. Not a TWS, but it's a solid neckband unit with good sound and call quality.

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #10,770 of 62,030
They are awful. I backed them when they were in development. Poor fit, awful sound, and a poor connection at best. I would not recommend them. Mine are in a drawer somewhere, barely used. Also - $109? No way would I pay that much (they're not even worth $50).

They do not have an ambient sound mode. My KZXs do (also backed), but they have poor battery life and a case that guarantees that they will randomly connect to my phone when I don't want them to. And honestly, their ambient sound mode doesn't work that well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back