Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 21, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #10,742 of 62,112
I just don't trust Jabra with prioritizing SQ, unless it's for phone calls. Maybe I'm wrong...

Regarding the JBL Reflect Flow - never even heard of them. Yeah, I'm reading that their ambient mode is kind of a hack since it basically just turns down the music.

Would you recommend your MTW if they were closer to $150? Reviews are mixed...
The Jabra 65t have "good" SQ, but many of the top Chi-Fi are better (Anbes 359, MPOW T5). The Soul sounds better than the Jabra 65t IMHO. The Jabra are a little "boring" and have a narrow EQ range. "Vanilla" sound.

Not a fan of JBL. They only roll with SBC in most of their cheesy wireless stuff, that's also overpriced.

The Galaxy buds are good, very clean/clear sound, AAC, responsive touch controls, and have a solid feature set, however, they're bass light and do not EQ well in that department. They'll begin to distort when you try to ramp up the bass. If you enjoy bass, I would not recommend. If you don't need bass, they are a good choice, however...

...if you can get the MTW for around $150, that's probably the best solution for you. Great sound (in that second tier behind the MW07), ambient, decent calls, satisfactory touch controls (a little slow response time, so takes a bit to get used to), good fit for most, AAC, aptX-LL. As long as you plug the case in every 2 days or so, you'll be fine. It's the best balance of features/sound.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #10,743 of 62,112
The Jabra 65t have "good" SQ, but many of the top Chi-Fi are better (Anbes 359, MPOW T5). The Soul sounds better than the Jabra 65t IMHO. The Jabra are a little "boring" and have a narrow EQ range. "Vanilla" sound.

Not a fan of JBL. They only roll with SBC in most of their cheesy wireless stuff, that's also overpriced.

The Galaxy buds are good, very clean/clear sound, AAC, responsive touch controls, and have a solid feature set, however, they're bass light and do not EQ well in that department. They'll begin to distort when you try to ramp up the bass. If you enjoy bass, I would not recommend. If you don't need bass, they are a good choice, however...

...if you can get the MTW for around $150, that's probably the best solution for you. Great sound (in that second tier behind the MW07), ambient, decent calls, satisfactory touch controls (a little slow response time, so takes a bit to get used to), good fit for most, AAC, aptX-LL. As long as you plug the case in every 2 days or so, you'll be fine. It's the best balance of features/sound.

Based on what TK33 said, it looks like the battery life for the MTW wouldn't work for me. Plus, at ~$300 it's currently way over what I'd like to spend right now.

Leaning towards the ST-XS2's at this point.

I have a feeling that Sony is going to release an active/sport variant of their WF-1000XM3... and I'm sure it won't be cheap.

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #10,744 of 62,112
CONGRATS!!! WHat did you get?

My experience with that program has been ... well .. MIXED ... I 'won' rather quickly a pair of cheap ass i7 airpod clones ... they took forever to arrive, were not the advertized color and from 'no box, looks used' I guess they sent me an old showroom model

Please please share with me if / how you managed to do that crazy review 'homework' ... this is very different from the usual review writing ... I tried like 5 times and in the end the AI always told me that I was not responding to the suggested points correctly

I have the suspicion that as long your freebie is traveling and until you write your review you cannot get another freebie ...
for more details and mental review writing prep, see my post from Aug 4

EDIT: I just spent another hour on this and lo-and-behold ... i finally got passed that pesky AI and now it sits in 'waiting to be approved' ... it appears that the kicker was that you seemingly have to add a photo to each single category, no matter how shoddy it might be. Of course I was thrown off by the message telling me that I failed following 'the tips' ...

Thanks. Got the Wavefun Xpods 3.

Can't say there is much not to like about the freebie program since its... well... free :)

Not sure what you mean by "crazy review homework"?

I haven't written the review yet - just barely breaking them in for now. I'll post my review on here once done as well.

I'll keep note of the photo suggestion - thanks.

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #10,745 of 62,112
Got my Lenovo HT10s, they sound great and get very loud.
They seal well, but the rubber tips get uncomfortable for me.
I had good experiences with comply foam tips in the past but I dont know if theres ones that fit these.
Need to do some extended tests on battery life etc. but so far they feel really well built.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #10,747 of 62,112

Try some wider tips on the Galaxy Buds. The bass is there, it's just hidden by the stock tips!

Aug 21, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #10,748 of 62,112
Based on what TK33 said, it looks like the battery life for the MTW wouldn't work for me. Plus, at ~$300 it's currently way over what I'd like to spend right now.

Leaning towards the ST-XS2's at this point.

I have a feeling that Sony is going to release an active/sport variant of their WF-1000XM3... and I'm sure it won't be cheap.
If you buy from Amazon US, then returns if they don't work for you, wont be an issue (unless you're a chronic returner). They're the most budget friendly earbuds with good sound/ambient that I've found. The ambient mode BTW is good and has great pickup. It does, however, pick up the wind noise, so if your outdoors, that could be an issue.

The new Sonys will probably come in around $179 ($50 less) than the WF-1000XM3. I think that's the current retail for the WF-SP700N (what a sexy name).

Aug 21, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #10,749 of 62,112
I've tried many wireless earbuds/IEMs and the one I like best is my Sony WF1000X the only issue is the crap battery life so I'm hoping the new model will do better

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #10,751 of 62,112
Inserting find...on accident.

Pulled out my MW07, which auto-connected to my iPhone. Without disconnecting, I paired them to my Galaxy s8, and they paired! Played Spotify on the s8 and was able to get incoming calls on my iPhone!

MW07 has multipoint!

20190821_132458_HDR.jpg

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #10,752 of 62,112
Hello,

i'm still looking for some TWS mit multipoint connections - without any success (beside the high latency Jabras).

It seems that the new Qualcomm-Series (QCC300X,QCC30XX,QCC51XX) don't support multipoint connections. There is no information in the datasheets. The datasheet for the older CSR8645 on the other hand says: "A2DP multipoint support: 2 A2DP sources". Did they really drop something highly useful like multipoint connections with the new chip series?!
By multi point connections do you mean the chipsets ability to connect to multiple devices at once or are you talking about True Wireless Stereo Plus etc?

Aug 21, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #10,753 of 62,112
As with the set that another member got here, mine has no volume control. The sound quality is good, can be sibilant at at times due to the brighter mids-highs. Soundstage is almost holographic, very good wide sense of space.
Is this the "Air" or another rebrand? Does it have obnoxious voice messages for everything? I found thr air more subdued and congested compared to Coolhere UFO, also hisses on the left bud a bit (nothing like Jabra though). Unless I removed the filter, the right bud sounded rolled off in the treble, but taking it off made it too sibilant compared to the right one. It took some testing out the ratio of foam size and density to balance the mids and treble. With the varied impressions here, some saying the Air sounds the same as legit Anbes, but others saying there are worse sounding units, I'm not sure what to think. Aside from Earfun Free I've yet to get a budget TWS with well-balanced channels.

If Kissral dies out as well Letscom and Yineme is probably your safest bet. Monster has Airlinks HD if you want different aesthetics for 100$... I'm curious about the DOGO BE30E, with redesigned housings. Haven't seen a seller listing yet.

Aug 21, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #10,754 of 62,112
You will, once you get to it (also, you obviously did not follow the link I posted, to my previous post :wink: )

Yeah I saw that later, thought you were taking about something else. Kind of crazy how detailed that review needs to be.

Oh well, I'm doing that anyway for my own review so not too concerned.

Just in the final process of breaking them in. Figure one more day and they'll be ready for review Friday.

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #10,755 of 62,112
Is this the "Air" or another rebrand? Does it have obnoxious voice messages for everything? I found thr air more subdued and congested compared to Coolhere UFO, also hisses on the left bud a bit (nothing like Jabra though). Unless I removed the filter, the right bud sounded rolled off in the treble, but taking it off made it too sibilant compared to the right one. It took some testing out the ratio of foam size and density to balance the mids and treble. With the varied impressions here, some saying the Air sounds the same as legit Anbes, but others saying there are worse sounding units, I'm not sure what to think. Aside from Earfun Free I've yet to get a budget TWS with well-balanced channels.

If Kissral dies out as well Letscom and Yineme is probably your safest bet. Monster has Airlinks HD if you want different aesthetics for 100$... I'm curious about the DOGO BE30E, with redesigned housings. Haven't seen a seller listing yet.
Yes mine shows up as Air in the bluetooth listing. I don't hear hiss on mine though. The sound is quite well articulated and open, not congested. The nozzle is oval shaped, and there's a lady speaking English "reverse" "forward" "primary" "secondary" which I find quite useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back