Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 24, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #10,801 of 62,114
Detailed Sabbat E12 review on rtings : https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sabbat/e12-true-wireless
They're not too impressed...
Ugh, well mine sounds nothing like that either, except maybe the right bud. People are telling me they either sound like bass monsters or lack bass or something in between. Mine sounds bright on the left side and bassy on the right side. Deciding if it's worth getting the refund via a dispute process. If you want a bass monster get the Jabees Firefly Pro...

Rtings tries to be good with measurements but some people like Oluv have questioned its methodology. A lot of people complained to them about the hiss in Jabra 65t but they just commented it wasn't very noticeable, although their measurements do seem to confirm the channel imbalance many users have reported.

I may not have balanced hearing, but stop giving me "holographic 3D sound" on my Beatles mono recordings! It's the 3rd TWS in a row that I got with channel imbalance.

Regarding the SBC problem with my Jabees Firefly Pro on Windows, it appears to be linked to absolute volume/media volume sync. Using registry editor to disable volume (and factory reset + re-pairing) seems to have fixed the problem! Although you will lose media volume sync (their volume controls aren't that good to begin with)...
https://superuser.com/questions/137...-volume-in-windows-10-bluetooth-stack/1393619

Aug 24, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #10,802 of 62,114
Anyone know these? Awei T6C

They caught my eye because of the small form factor, wireless charging and that crazy gap between regular price and sales price ... oh, and one reviewer claims they have volume control ..

Tempting ...

I have a couple of awei iems and love them. For 17 bucks I'd take a chance. Damn budget.

Aug 24, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #10,803 of 62,114
Aside from the broken touch button, these do sound fantastic. Not a huge fan of the included eartips, but they sound great with something that gets a better seal!
I'll also recommend these since you're in the US. Always good to have a backup:
Wireless Earbuds, Alterola IE600 Smallest Bluetooth 5.0 True Wireless Earbuds Stable Connection HD Stereo Sound Waterproof with 24H Playtime Charging Case, Build-in Mic https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MYZK9NT/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_XWtyDbEX5DDG1
Same brand but I've never heard them. Maybe you can let us know if you like them? Same price too.
Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds, Alterola IE800 Bluetooth 5.0 True Wireless Headphones 6h Playtime per Charge + Extra 30h Charge Case, Noise Cancelling Stereo Hi-Fi Sound, Lightweight Snug Fit, Waterproof https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PR9MK4K/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_p0tyDbVQV04GB

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #10,804 of 62,114
I literally gave my QCY to the post office at 11 AM, and at 12 AM I received my money back on my Amazon account, they're rad, can't deny that.

I don't know if I wanna try another pair of QCY T3 out, or if I wanna bite the SoundPeats TruePods, or some hidden gem I might find on Amazon IT, I'll let you know!

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #10,805 of 62,114
I have a couple of awei iems and love them. For 17 bucks I'd take a chance. Damn budget.

Thanks for the feedback, for now they are on the list. Let’s see what kind of damage I will do next week. Already decided (kinda) to drop the Wavefun. :wink:

My problem is less budget and more that my mail now goes to wife’s office address :wink:
Need to limit the number of parcels going through her hands.

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #10,806 of 62,114
Thanks for the feedback, for now they are on the list. Let’s see what kind of damage I will do next week. Already decided (kinda) to drop the Wavefun. :wink:

My problem is less budget and more that my mail now goes to wife’s office address :wink:
You mean she has not seen your collection? ✔️✅

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #10,808 of 62,114
Just a fun little thing I saw today in our local ‘mall’ ... and there I was thinking this kind of blatant fakery was a thing of the past. No, they still exist. And people to be fooled by this probably as well.

1D30EAD8-0CD5-4AE5-BE94-61B2ECBC9C63.jpeg

Heck, they are not even trying to make it look like the real SSF

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #10,809 of 62,114
I'll also recommend these since you're in the US. Always good to have a backup:
Wireless Earbuds, Alterola IE600 Smallest Bluetooth 5.0 True Wireless Earbuds Stable Connection HD Stereo Sound Waterproof with 24H Playtime Charging Case, Build-in Mic https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MYZK9NT/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_XWtyDbEX5DDG1
Same brand but I've never heard them. Maybe you can let us know if you like them? Same price too.
Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds, Alterola IE800 Bluetooth 5.0 True Wireless Headphones 6h Playtime per Charge + Extra 30h Charge Case, Noise Cancelling Stereo Hi-Fi Sound, Lightweight Snug Fit, Waterproof https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PR9MK4K/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_p0tyDbVQV04GB

The IE600 are going to be on a lightning deal tomorrow morning around 6AM Central US time. I've been eyeing them. We'll see what kind of deal they offer. The IE800s were on a lightning deal last night, but there were quite a few complaints in the reviews about the right earbud flat out dieing.

Aug 24, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #10,810 of 62,114
The IE600 are going to be on a lightning deal tomorrow morning around 6AM Central US time. I've been eyeing them. We'll see what kind of deal they offer. The IE800s were on a lightning deal last night, but there were quite a few complaints in the reviews about the right earbud flat out dieing.
I got mine for $30. Don't remember if it was a lightning sale though. I'm sure you'll like them and so will cookie monster. ⚡✌️

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #10,811 of 62,114

Aug 24, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #10,813 of 62,114
Weird volume control wouldn't be advertized by the seller ?! Is it really the same model ?

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #10,814 of 62,114
Thank you ...

hooray for volume control!
Yep you got two days till sale. Wish I could get them. Awei makes quality stuff like KZ. Listening to Alterola right now bliss. To make myself not feel bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back