Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 11, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #57,451 of 63,208
8.4mm dynamic drivers. They are up now here... https://electronics.sony.com/audio/gaming-audio/all-inzone-headsets/p/wfg700n-w
Says specially designed dynamic driver X unit... "The diaphragm structure, which utilizes various materials for both the dome and edge, ensures minimal distortion and a clear sound quality, delivering an unparalleled level of auditory realism."
1697059207489.jpeg
I don't think they are the same. One is inzone and one is pulse explore but the price is the same.

Oct 11, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #57,453 of 63,208
Oct 12, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #57,454 of 63,208
@regancipher I know you can't say much but I saw that xMems had a post saying their MEMs overears were the most popular from what I assume was the same event.

Did you get a chance to try these too?

Oct 12, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #57,455 of 63,208
I know it’s not a scientific study, but man, it looks like these aren’t selling well. Might see a big price drop soon…. Only 20 reviews…
IMG_0796.png

Oct 12, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #57,456 of 63,208
Maybe it's the pitch of the snore, but my old Bose wired IEMs absolutely eliminated some very close range, big dude snoring on a camping trip. I wonder if their TWS do as well.
You mean the old QC 20 ?
1697090715281.jpeg

And they had a completely open design.

And I've just remembered I picked some up on the cheap a couple of years ago and never used them, will go looking for them :wink:

As for the Jabra 10 I'm giving up on them after yesterday's long trip in the train followed by the tube, they're too expensive for what they provide in terms of isolation in public transport. Sure they're a nice all-rounder and have a pleasant SQ but that part is crucial to me.

Oct 12, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #57,457 of 63,208
As for the Jabra 10 I'm giving up on them after yesterday's long trip in the train followed by the tube, they're too expensive for what they provide in terms of isolation in public transport. Sure they're a nice all-rounder and have a pleasant SQ but that part is crucial to me.
Hmm, that's strange to me. I'm listening to them on the commuter train here right now, and it's FULL with people to the point of not being able to move properly, and I haven't heard much else except for the music.
I feel like the guy snoring must've literally had his head against your shoulder and you listening on like 20-30% volume for that to happen haha.

Oct 12, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #57,458 of 63,208
I am a Noble Mystique owner, I love these and feel Noble knocked it out of the park with these especially as I listen to a lot of bass driven music. As always though, I still keep an eye out on other TWS on the market and saw references to the Devialet Gemini II that look interesting. They both appear to be (correct me if I am wrong) V-Shaped signatures, have any of you been able to compare them?

Oct 12, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #57,460 of 63,208
He was a good t
Hmm, that's strange to me. I'm listening to them on the commuter train here right now, and it's FULL with people to the point of not being able to move properly, and I haven't heard much else except for the music.
I feel like the guy snoring must've literally had his head against your shoulder and you listening on like 20-30% volume for that to happen haha.
He was a good 2 meters away but I was watching a movie. Sure if you have music blasting it's going to be OK and you don't even need ANC tbh unless you're in a plane.

This morning I was waiting for a commuter train in the middle of heavy car traffic and with the rain they were making a swooshing sound that the J10's ANC turned into a high pitched whine, very annoying. I didn't have the EarFun with me to compare.

Good news, I found the Bose QC20 in their sealed box, put them on the charger and will use them on my next train trip. They are going to be inconvenient for a short commuter ride.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #57,461 of 63,208
You mean the old QC 20 ?
1697090715281.jpeg

And I've just remembered I picked some up on the cheap a couple of years ago and never used them, will go looking for them :wink:

Yup, those Bose are pretty special given that they can last indefinitely with a charging brick, the way I used them on that trip. With all the wires I probably looked like I was getting an EEG. As for the J10s, they do seem to have a particularly selective ANC. But it does work better than anything else I have for voices and I really like them in the office. On the other hand, I find it poor for things like overhead planes. But on the whole, at least for me it seems to cater to more annoying sounds. Snoring aside.

Oct 12, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #57,462 of 63,208
You mean the old QC 20 ?

They were certainly not open, I had 2 pairs (one was a replacement) as both suddenly out on a walk split in half on the right side (making a loud piercing noise in my ear) and they are filled with a white semi soft/hard gunk like silicon or thick TIM.

They gave good passive seal and were far more comfortable than the new Bose 2 part earbuds+fins and the ANC was damn good for 2016.

I get a poor seal with my QCII earbuds and they hurt my ears (extra fit kit), ANC is the best though when it works fully and then there is the addition of the quite loud white noise helping it.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #57,463 of 63,208
Oct 12, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #57,465 of 63,208
They were certainly not open, I had 2 pairs (one was a replacement) as both suddenly out on a walk spit in half on the right side (making a loud piercing noise in my ear) and they are filled with a white semi soft/hard gunk like silicon or thick TIM.

They gave good passive seal and were far more comfortable than the new Bose 2 part earbuds+fins and the ANC was damn good for 2016.

I get a poor seal with my QCII earbuds and they hurt my ears (extra fit kit), ANC is the best though when it works fully and then there is the addition of the quite loud white noise helping it.

So I tried the my "NOS" QC-20 and...man was I disappointed, very very weak sauce ANC and I correctly remembered them as being open (or maybe semi-open but "more" than the J10).

I compared them against the J10s with the video below and while the J10s cut out pretty much everything (on par with the Earfun Free Pro 2 IEMs that have much better passive isolation, so it shows the Jabra ANC is really excellent...on easy noise to cancel) at the full volume of my computer, the QC-20 lag behind badly.

Oh and here's a snoring video where you can hear that the J10 don't cut it out much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back