Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 11, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #57,436 of 63,208
I gave up with the MTW3, the 3rd party wings mean they go in deep and stay in but the actual buds touch parts of my outer ear and after a few days use I am in agony.

The "hopefully" soon to be released MTW4 seem to be better shaped as someone here said the other day.

Oct 11, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #57,437 of 63,208
Does the gemini 2 and fokus prestige both have too much bass? How would you rate the vocals on these two TWS?
As for the G2, no. I actually added some via EQ which I rarely do (Ill bet @erockg did too). They are meant to sound big like loudspeakers. If you don't like deep big bass, these aren't for you but that's different than saying they have too much bass. These are my current favorite TWS. So comfy.

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #57,438 of 63,208
Alright guys, between the Svanar and Gemini 2 - which would you choose?

Use cases:
Gym
General desk listening
Basic outdoor walks (ANC not super important)
Sleep (with one earbud in)

Big caveat:
iPhone user, so no high end codecs. But thinking about getting a DAP in the near future

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #57,439 of 63,208
I gave up with the MTW3, the 3rd party wings mean they go in deep and stay in but the actual buds touch parts of my outer ear and after a few days use I am in agony.

The "hopefully" soon to be released MTW4 seem to be better shaped as someone here said the other day.
Those box pics of the MTW4 didn't seem to have the fins though. Backward step for some if they do.

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #57,440 of 63,208

Use cases:
Gym
General desk listening

Big caveat:
iPhone user, so no high end codecs. But thinking about getting a DAP in the near future
I know not in the choice, but just pick up the Senn M3 for $139 at Best Buy this morning…. Lots of great reviews on this thread for the M3’s, and an insane price…
👍

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #57,441 of 63,208
Was pretty happy with the Jabra 10 for reasons already detailed but I was on the train today next to a guy snoring and...they didn't cut out the snoring much ! I pulled out the Earfun Air Pro 2 (IEM type) and it was a lot better ! It's too bad they didn't go for a "closed" design. Well they have the Jabra 8 but Aaron's samples showed ANC wasn't as good.

Oct 11, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #57,442 of 63,208
1697027090285.png
Sony gaming TWS

Are these the ones with the Audeze Planar? Or just the Planar?

Would be interesting to see if they also accidentally made a great sound focused tws.

Oct 11, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #57,443 of 63,208
Was pretty happy with the Jabra 10 for reasons already detailed but I was on the train today next to a guy snoring and...they didn't cut out the snoring much ! I pulled out the Earfun Air Pro 2 (IEM type) and it was a lot better ! It's too bad they didn't go for a "closed" design. Well they have the Jabra 8 but Aaron's samples showed ANC wasn't as good.
I'm curious to know if it's the open design or the ANC itself. Did you try shoving them in a bit first?

Oct 11, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #57,444 of 63,208
As for the G2, no. I actually added some via EQ which I rarely do (Ill bet @erockg did too). They are meant to sound big like loudspeakers. If you don't like deep big bass, these aren't for you but that's different than saying they have too much bass. These are my current favorite TWS. So comfy.
Same. I added bass but you could uh, dare I say, EQ some of the bass out. I’m using mine all day today and they rock. I might sell off my MTW3 because of these. I’ve got TWS covering my desk these days. Something’s gotta go if they’re not getting love!

Listening to this right now with the G2 on an iPhone and they sound stellar:

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #57,445 of 63,208
I'm curious to know if it's the open design or the ANC itself. Did you try shoving them in a bit first?
Yes it has to be the open design and the seal was good but there's so much the ANC can do, the ANC of the Earfun is likely inferior but it has a lot less work to do. The first Amazon echobuds had a very weak sauce ANC, (they called it ANR actually) but the passive seal was so good that the overall isolation was excellent (the blocked the canal and the bud filled the concha). ANC can deal with droning noises perfectly but "random" sounds like snoring are very difficult to eliminate.

Oct 11, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #57,446 of 63,208
Are these the ones with the Audeze Planar? Or just the Planar?

Would be interesting to see if they also accidentally made a great sound focused tws.
8.4mm dynamic drivers. They are up now here... https://electronics.sony.com/audio/gaming-audio/all-inzone-headsets/p/wfg700n-w
Says specially designed dynamic driver X unit... "The diaphragm structure, which utilizes various materials for both the dome and edge, ensures minimal distortion and a clear sound quality, delivering an unparalleled level of auditory realism."
1697059207489.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #57,448 of 63,208

Use cases:
Gym
General desk listening

Big caveat:
I can only talk about Svanar Wireless. The sound quality is very good in their best mode which is not dependant on LDAC so should be fine using AAC. These are very audiophile like.

I have used mine at the gym but I am an old dude so do not stress myself or my gear when strength training or jog walking on the tread mill.

I use mine outside walking around my neighborhood in the city and they work really well with good passive blocking. I have also used them downtown where ANC is a bit more required and still preferred to jack up the volume and stay in their best mode than switching to ANC.

I am primarily a back sleeper and have worn my pair to bed and woke up in the morning with them still in, or just pop them out at some point in the night. They are decently comfy so don't bother me.

Oct 11, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #57,449 of 63,208
Same. I added bass but you could uh, dare I say, EQ some of the bass out. I’m using mine all day today and they rock. I might sell off my MTW3 because of these. I’ve got TWS covering my desk these days. Something’s gotta go if they’re not getting love!

Listening to this right now with the G2 on an iPhone and they sound stellar:

Similar groove from deep purple. 👍

“You fool know one”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back