Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 29, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #53,866 of 62,552
Why did it go to SBC with no LDAC? No Aptx on board?
Idk. When I turn off HD Audio on android, it goes to SBC. Have to go to developer settings to get AAC. I reset my some phone settings. Had to pair them again and haven't had an cutoff issues. Will do more testing runs at work tomorrow and see how they fare

Jun 30, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #53,867 of 62,552
I am curious, is there any interest in me doing a comparison between 3ANC, Denon PerL Pro and Svanar. I just want to know before I commit to getting Svanar.

Jun 30, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #53,868 of 62,552
I am curious, is there any interest in me doing a comparison between 3ANC, Denon PerL Pro and Svanar. I just want to know before I commit to getting Svanar.
I think it would be a great comparison test. Personally, I don’t think the 3ANC hangs in that discussion but the Denon does. Maybe the Mystique or ZE?

Jun 30, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #53,869 of 62,552
Def throw the Denon PerL Pro in there. Been using my 3ANC and DPP all week and can't complain.

Jun 30, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #53,870 of 62,552
...NTP Denon bass and subbass is presented differently from anything I've heard. It's not just a better version of a regular bass. But completely different and better imo
Noted multiple comments appreciating the NTP / Denon PerL pro bass and sub-bass. I do like quality bass but am not a bass-head per-se. How is the rest of the frequency spectrum on the PerL Pro?

Jun 30, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #53,871 of 62,552
Noted multiple comments appreciating the NTP / Denon PerL pro bass and sub-bass. I do like quality bass but am not a bass-head per-se. How is the rest of the frequency spectrum on the PerL Pro?
It's pretty good. If you're a soundstage guy then I still haven't heard anything better. For me in all soundstage.

Mids are slightly recessed, listening to the NTP is the first time I've really understand the V shape analogy. Partly because of the 3d nature of the sound I suppose. it would as you were a big outdoor concert then you would have two big booming analogue speakers pumping bass out from either side of the stage, with the singer standing about in the middle of the stage back a bit from the speakers (forming a V shape) still very clear vocals and with weight.

I'm an electronic music guy though so for me they were perfect.

I wish they weren't so good because mine were riddled with problems that 6 months later is leading to a refund. Just saying as I don't want to shill for Nura. Apparently the Denon has less reported issues by the way of connectivity but I'm still skeptical due to the essential rebrand of the NTP and no other reported changing or acknowledgement of prior issues resolved.

The highs are inoffensive but not the star. They're still their but they don't send waves of electromagnetic sparkles through your mind and to be fair no tws really does that

Jun 30, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #53,872 of 62,552
I am hopefully getting the HFM Svanar delivered to my hotel while I am staying in NY next week - if not I’ll be pissed lol. As I am going on a month’s trip.

I have had some TWS over the years, and most don’t seem to fit well - they work their way out eventually. Not an issue with a cable… especially why over ear. AirPods Pro’s has been a really good fit, while also loosing over time, I can safely and easily adjust them and don’t feel I’ll drop them.

So.. with that in mind I am not going to get Noble or something that I feel will fall out.

I am thinking either the final 8000 or Bang Olufsen EX…

Thoughts? I feel the EX’s can be a hit and miss looking at user reviews. Some have issues left and right and I have some older EQ’s and they suck… I hate them… hardly used. The Final 8000’s seems to have less issues, but I am curious if anyone have both and can give me some ideas to what works/good bad. Doesn’t have to be a long story…just what stands out or not and if you have to pick one.

I’ll mostly use them on apple, but also have a Sony DAP to get me the better codecs… I am also getting a usb dongle for atx 96 codes from creative to make sure I get better quality sound.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #53,873 of 62,552
I am hopefully getting the HFM Svanar delivered to my hotel while I am staying in NY next week - if not I’ll be pissed lol. As I am going on a month’s trip.

I have had some TWS over the years, and most don’t seem to fit well - they work their way out eventually. Not an issue with a cable… especially why over ear. AirPods Pro’s has been a really good fit, while also loosing over time, I can safely and easily adjust them and don’t feel I’ll drop them.

So.. with that in mind I am not going to get Noble or something that I feel will fall out.

I am thinking either the final 8000 or Bang Olufsen EX…

Thoughts? I feel the EX’s can be a hit and miss looking at user reviews. Some have issues left and right and I have some older EQ’s and they suck… I hate them… hardly used. The Final 8000’s seems to have less issues, but I am curious if anyone have both and can give me some ideas to what works/good bad. Doesn’t have to be a long story…just what stands out or not and if you have to pick one.

I’ll mostly use them on apple, but also have a Sony DAP to get me the better codecs… I am also getting a usb dongle for atx 96 codes from creative to make sure I get better quality sound.
Is there a usb dongle that does LDAC yet?

Jul 1, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #53,874 of 62,552
Is there a usb dongle that does LDAC yet?
No only small DAPs (130 dollars) and or “desktop dongles” plugged into the power - and I spent hours looking lol.

My Sony Walkman does - but I might just get the new Sony phone too - and probably hate it lol when compared to Apple…. But with the camera and music I might just survive it.

Jul 1, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #53,875 of 62,552
I think generally speaking, we're at the point where wireless is good enough. Especially considering your average wireless use case. Mainstream brands have great offerings. That being said, I have not been impressed with TWS implementation from the more boutique brands. The Deva Pro just makes me mad because using that wireless dongle is such a PITA.

Jul 1, 2023 at 12:46 AM Post #53,876 of 62,552
It's pretty good. If you're a soundstage guy then I still haven't heard anything better. For me in all soundstage.

Mids are slightly recessed, listening to the NTP is the first time I've really understand the V shape analogy. Partly because of the 3d nature of the sound I suppose. it would as you were a big outdoor concert then you would have two big booming analogue speakers pumping bass out from either side of the stage, with the singer standing about in the middle of the stage back a bit from the speakers (forming a V shape) still very clear vocals and with weight.

I'm an electronic music guy though so for me they were perfect.

I wish they weren't so good because mine were riddled with problems that 6 months later is leading to a refund. Just saying as I don't want to shill for Nura. Apparently the Denon has less reported issues by the way of connectivity but I'm still skeptical due to the essential rebrand of the NTP and no other reported changing or acknowledgement of prior issues resolved.

The highs are inoffensive but not the star. They're still their but they don't send waves of electromagnetic sparkles through your mind and to be fair no tws really does that
I appreciate your impressions very much, @SynaestheticA. I have the FiiTii HiFiDots which look great, are very comfortable, stage well, mids and highs quite nice except for a touch of BA metallic sheen at times. Connectivity / ANC multipoint all work as expected. They are a bit bass shy however, hence my interst in the PerLPro although I am not a bass head. I'll try some alternate tips on the HiFiDots to see if I can bring out the low end a bit without smearing the other frequencies.

Only other complaints about the FiiTii are:
  • their android app. is useless, can't even get it to recognize the IEM's
  • Battery life listening to FLAC files in AptX adaptive w/ANC is mediocre (< 4 hours). Rapid charge works well, though.
None of this is a deal breaker though as they perform well overall. I paid about half of what the PerL Pro sell for (FiiTii had a 20% off introductory offer) and as a value purchase I am very happy with these.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #53,877 of 62,552
I appreciate your impressions very much, @SynaestheticA. I have the FiiTii HiFiDots which look great, are very comfortable, stage well, mids and highs quite nice except for a touch of BA metallic sheen at times. Connectivity / ANC multipoint all work as expected. They are a bit bass shy however, hence my interst in the PerLPro although I am not a bass head. I'll try some alternate tips on the HiFiDots to see if I can bring out the low end a bit without smearing the other frequencies.

Only other complaints about the FiiTii are:
  • their android app. is useless, can't even get it to recognize the IEM's
  • Battery life listening to FLAC files in AptX adaptive w/ANC is mediocre (< 4 hours). Rapid charge works well, though.
None of this is a deal breaker though as they perform well overall. I paid about half of what the PerL Pro sell for (FiiTii had a 20% off introductory offer) and as a value purchase I am very happy with these.
There is a firmware update for the Fiitii app on Google Play Store. It fixed the TWS recognition bug and also fixed the equalizer

Jul 1, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #53,878 of 62,552
I think generally speaking, we're at the point where wireless is good enough. Especially considering your average wireless use case. Mainstream brands have great offerings. That being said, I have not been impressed with TWS implementation from the more boutique brands. The Deva Pro just makes me mad because using that wireless dongle is such a PITA.
TWS is still not up to wire but the gap has lessen by a lot. Nuratrue Pro Aptx lossless Bluetooth 5.3 combo is the best result I have seen. The Svanar Wireless also remind of my Audeze Euclid in the full sound part

Jul 1, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #53,879 of 62,552
There is a firmware update for the Fiitii app on Google Play Store. It fixed the TWS recognition bug and also fixed the equalizer
Fantastic news, thank you @Gilroypro! Will update when I am using the HiFiDots tomorrow!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back