Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 1, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #53,881 of 62,552
Last edited:
Jul 1, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #53,882 of 62,552
although I am not a bass head
Honestly, while these can be EQ'd to be both bass head level and non bass head (via immersion mode) I really think they are probably more appreciated by bass lovers. You can find better mids and highs in other brands, it's the soundstage and bass of these that make them standout.

That being said, you would still appreciate the unique bass of them I'm sure, as like I've said (sorry for repeating myself), it's as if they are being played through some brand new driver and not just 'a better version of the dynamic driver bass you already know'.

Still at this point, I say buyer beware until you hear some more feedback about outdoor connectivity.

Jul 1, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #53,883 of 62,552
I have been using the Sony WFC700N for a month now and am still pretty impressed with them. Their ANC is not the best, but they otherwise tick a lot of boxes for me. Their convenience comfort and fit are outstanding - the best I have had with true wireless earphones.

Jul 1, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #53,884 of 62,552
I'm an iPhone user currently using APP2 but in the near future I'd like to upgrade my TWS and be able to take advantage of aptX lossless / LDAC / LHDC. I know next to nothing about DAPs but I've been trying to figure out if there's an affordable DAP that exists that's mostly just focused on Bluetooth and has a good codec? I use Qobuz and would like to be able to download all my music on it, so I'd probably want something like 256gb storage. The smaller the size of the DAP the better. Would something like the Sony NW-A306 with an SD card be good for this use case? It still feels a little wasteful since it's more focused on wired IEMs and I really just prefer the convenience of TWS. Is there anything even cheaper? Thanks for any recommendations

Jul 1, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #53,885 of 62,552
I'm an iPhone user currently using APP2 but in the near future I'd like to upgrade my TWS and be able to take advantage of aptX lossless / LDAC / LHDC. I know next to nothing about DAPs but I've been trying to figure out if there's an affordable DAP that exists that's mostly just focused on Bluetooth and has a good codec? I use Qobuz and would like to be able to download all my music on it, so I'd probably want something like 256gb storage. The smaller the size of the DAP the better. Would something like the Sony NW-A306 with an SD card be good for this use case? It still feels a little wasteful since it's more focused on wired IEMs and I really just prefer the convenience of TWS. Is there anything even cheaper? Thanks for any recommendations
Shanling is one I think - you can also get an android phone - you look for the latest 5.X codec with snapdragon sound in both the TWS and device - if you need the 96... also sony's codec

Jul 1, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #53,886 of 62,552
The Deva Pro just makes me mad because using that wireless dongle is such a PITA.
I like the Deva Pro quite a bit for the money. I have been toying with the idea of an Ananda Nano for desktop use but I do wonder if the incremental improvements from the Deva will be worth it. I assume they will have better bass which is certainly meaningful but the Deva sound really good and come with plenty of tech on board for $200.

Jul 1, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #53,887 of 62,552
The last time I considered this, getting an old android phone to use as a wireless player was the best option. I’m also interested in this question. I would drop Apple Music and move to tidal.

Jul 1, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #53,888 of 62,552
How does this work? Use the iPhone as the source and use the lightning port as an audio out into the DAP which then would run the Bluetooth to the headset? Just like the dongles basically? Would power be an issue with these DAPs? Or do I need to get the music files into the DAP?

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #53,891 of 62,552
Shanling is one I think - you can also get an android phone - you look for the latest 5.X codec with snapdragon sound in both the TWS and device - if you need the 96... also sony's codec

How does this work? Use the iPhone as the source and use the lightning port as an audio out into the DAP which then would run the Bluetooth to the headset? Just like the dongles basically? Would power be an issue with these DAPs? Or do I need to get the music files into the DAP?
The Shanling M0 Pro looks like it could be promising with a storage card! I'd prefer to have all the music files directly in the DAP rather than connecting the DAP to my iPhone. Am I correct in thinking that I could just get Qobuz directly on the M0 Pro and import all my favorited tracks on Qobuz as long as I have a sufficiently large storage card in it?

Also, anyone know of any alternatives to the M0 Pro at a similar price point but with an even newer version of Bluetooth?

Edit: Also, any cheap Android phones that I should look into to just use as a Bluetooth DAP?

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #53,893 of 62,552
The Shanling M0 Pro looks like it could be promising with a storage card! I'd prefer to have all the music files directly in the DAP rather than connecting the DAP to my iPhone. Am I correct in thinking that I could just get Qobuz directly on the M0 Pro and import all my favorited tracks on Qobuz as long as I have a sufficiently large storage card in it?

Also, anyone know of any alternatives to the M0 Pro at a similar price point but with an even newer version of Bluetooth?

Edit: Also, any cheap Android phones that I should look into to just use as a Bluetooth DAP?
That’s interesting. Just use tidal or qubuz directly in the player and skip using the phone?

Jul 1, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #53,894 of 62,552
That’s interesting. Just use tidal or qubuz directly in the player and skip using the phone?
Yeah that was my hope, but looking at the FiiO BTR5 and Qudelix 5K like you had in mind, those might make more sense as solutions. I'm hoping to minimize cables wherever possible so if something like the Shanling M0 Pro is pretty good and can hold the music itself then that would be pretty appealing for me

Jul 1, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #53,895 of 62,552
Yeah that was my hope, but looking at the FiiO BTR5 and Qudelix 5K like you had in mind, those might make more sense as solutions. I'm hoping to minimize cables wherever possible so if something like the Shanling M0 Pro is pretty good and can hold the music itself then that would be pretty appealing for me
Hmm. The BTR5 is $110 with a lightning cable on Amazon. Not a bad deal. But the idea of onboard streaming with Tidal is interesting as well. I don’t think the FiiO does that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back