Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 28, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #53,836 of 62,472
I have the Razr+ now as my daily driver. Or Razr 40 Ultra that it's called here for some reason.
Motorola is really ****ing screwing up with the naming, both of those names are bad for different reasons. Like "Razr+" is so anonymous and doesn't really say anything... and Razr 40 Ultra? Like what is Ultra about it? Usually Ultra means top of the line specs with great camera hardware, and that's not this phone.

With that said, I'm loving this phone so far. If I can get a hold of a Pixel Fold I might go in that direction in awhile, but it's not sold here so we'll see about that. But yeah the Razr+ is pretty legit honestly, wish I had been able to pick up one of the nicer colors, but for some reason they were launching like at least a month later than the black one, so I just went with it. The inside screen feels nice to me, I think it's a lot taller and more narrow than the iPhone 14 Pro Max, but to me it actually works in this form factor.
honestly the new razr looks super fun. That narrow form factor however. I’m just not sure. I get a lot of work email and appreciate the width the iPhone pro max for reading content. What do you think? How’s the battery life?

Jun 28, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #53,837 of 62,472
honestly the new razr looks super fun. That narrow form factor however. I’m just not sure. I get a lot of work email and appreciate the width the iPhone pro max for reading content. What do you think? How’s the battery life?
Ironically narrow android phones are actually more readable and useable for email and general reading content for two reasons:

1. taller screen allows for less scrolling

2. microsoft swiftkey (android version) is a better keyboard than the ios keyboard. The ios version of swiftkey blows and is no longer supported going forward by ios. Why is the android version of swiftkey better? The customization features are actually meaningful for accurate typing -- you can size the keyboard overall, find themes that are minimalistic, change the position of the number row and the predictive text is more dialed in to the user model. However, the recent bing integration into swiftkey is a bit rough.

Jun 28, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #53,838 of 62,472
Ironically narrow android phones are actually more readable and useable for email and general reading content for two reasons:

1. taller screen allows for less scrolling

2. microsoft swiftkey (android version) is a better keyboard than the ios keyboard. The ios version of swiftkey blows and is no longer supported going forward by ios. Why is the android version of swiftkey better? The customization features are actually meaningful for accurate typing -- you can size the keyboard overall, find themes that are minimalistic, change the position of the number row and the predictive text is more dialed in to the user model. However, the recent bing integration into swiftkey is a bit rough.
Hmm. Thanks for that take. Less scrolling but less text left to right? I went to check out the Razr but my ATT store doesn't even have one. How is that possible?

Jun 28, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #53,840 of 62,472
Hmm. Thanks for that take. Less scrolling but less text left to right? I went to check out the Razr but my ATT store doesn't even have one. How is that possible?
Mine is out for delivery. Looks like the form factor is very similar to the Oppo I had. Tall is good, but sometimes I do prefer the reachability ease on my 14 Pro Max. But being able to fold and go is awesome. I'll keep my iPhone connected and just turn data on the Moto. Then use Airmessage for iMessage. I used it all the time on my work computer so I don't have to put my personal info on my company MBP. Yes, I'm stalking sites for Pixel Fold availability. Ugh.

Jun 28, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #53,841 of 62,472
Mine is out for delivery. Looks like the form factor is very similar to the Oppo I had. Tall is good, but sometimes I do prefer the reachability ease on my 14 Pro Max. But being able to fold and go is awesome. I'll keep my iPhone connected and just turn data on the Moto. Then use Airmessage for iMessage. I used it all the time on my work computer so I don't have to put my personal info on my company MBP. Yes, I'm stalking sites for Pixel Fold availability. Ugh.
no cell service? damn esim.

Jun 28, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #53,844 of 62,472
Man, this group sits on the cutting edge 👍 A pioneering mind set, if I've ever seen one.. Best thread on Head Fi...
It's a stability issue. My other LDAC TWS like the Phillips, Enco X2, Opera 05, AZ-60 don't have any stability issues.

They should have had Bluetooth 5.3. Plus my phone maxes it out to 32 bit, 990kbps, and 96khz

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #53,845 of 62,472
Might sell the Svanar soon
Return instead? Yes they have a restock fee but prob better than selling here or eBay. And stability issues may warrant a return for a defect. I have worn mine with my iphone in my pocket and gone on walks and haven't experienced this issue. No ldac on the iphone of course.

Jun 28, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #53,846 of 62,472
Jun 28, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #53,848 of 62,472
Jun 28, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #53,849 of 62,472
Return instead? Yes they have a restock fee but prob better than selling here or eBay. And stability issues may warrant a return for a defect. I have worn mine with my iphone in my pocket and gone on walks and haven't experienced this issue. No ldac on the iphone of course.
Gonna return them. Have to pay shipping and 10% restock fee coming out of the refund

Jun 28, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #53,850 of 62,472
OK, I hate AliExpress... OK, maybe hate is to strong a word... But I intensely dislike systems that have poor tracking systems. I now see why I was given a very far off delivery date... That way they are not on the hook until it's passed... The app got to the point where it was saying my order was past Canada customs and supposedly in Calgary, so I was all excited it was almost here. Then after 5 excruciated days of nothing changing it now shows that the package has left China but not yet at CA Customs. The last message states departed from transit country region. Even though the previous message had stated awaiting for transit to final delivery office and an earlier message had already stated it had departed from transit country region... DOH!!!!!

Ah well, aside from annoying me to death, I am sure the parcel will arrive before the July 12 deadline... LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back