1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

First

Back
334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343
345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354
Next

Last
  1. Bartig
    Ha, I had to look them up myself too. Top: DFOI AirBuds, one below is Anomoibuds. Hope their names are their weak spots. :p

chinmie likes this.
  2. SyCoTiM
    Wait, isn't the E12 the one with an "open" design while the X12 has a standard eartip design?

3. webvan
    No

4. RobinFood
    As a long time earbud lover, they were very interesting for me at first. 70% of the time I wish I could have ambient mode on. The real problem is that no amount of volume makes up for a noisy subway or a coworker suddenly printing thousands of pages in the office (I've tried solo-ing earbuds before outside the home...). The nice thing about ambient mode is that a click of a button is like a complete change of earphones. If I got the X12s, I would definitely have to carry around a second set of earphones, and at that point I am not saving much on pocket space or time...

5. actorlife
    Are there any with volume control?

6. clerkpalmer
    Yes. Many have that feature.

7. webvan
    Sure it"s always going to depend on what you need them for. If you're a runner or ride a bike (or ski, or actually for any sports apart from the gym maybe) they're a no brainer, you stay aware and there's zero thumping while running, that's priceless. If you do neither of these activities you'll need to find yourself in quiet environments where it's easy to forget you have them on.

8. dhc0329
    What's the best sounding bluetooth earbud released up to date? Anyone knows?

quantumrush likes this.
  9. howdy
    That's up to you but it probably between the Master and Dynamic MW07 and the Sennheiser Momentum True wireless. I like both a lot!

hifi80sman likes this.
  10. Bartig
    It's hard to tell. I get the impression here that people either only have the most expensive offerings, as Howdy mentions, only mid tier or only very affordable. Kind of makes the bigger picture hard to see.

Well, for me at least.

11. actorlife
    I don't think my Funcl W1 has one. I wonder if the QCY T1C has volume control or do you have to spend more than $100?

12. RobinFood
    I've demo-ed quite a few in all price ranges. MT07 is probably my favorite out of the box, but I feel it is not worth the asking price. 80$ sets will sometimes get you 80% to 90% of the sound quality but offer better battery.

The expensive models all have apps with EQ settings though...so I guess in the end it is not that big of a deal...fit, connection and features makes more of an impact to me.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Bartig likes this.
  13. dhc0329
    I don't think wireless earbud will sound close to wired ones, especially those totl iems, any time soon. Maybe someday it will replace
    all these ridiculously expensive wired phones just as WIFI has replaced ethernet connection at home.

Although I like the idea of being wireless I do not want the iem to ruin or deteriorate the sound coming out from the expensive daps I purchased.

quantumrush likes this.
  14. actorlife
  15. chinmie
    soundwise i think wireless do compete with their wired brothers in their respective price bracket. what concerns me about wireless is the battery life-span. it will deteriorate over time and needs replacement. that's why I'm a bit wary to invest on them too much compared to buying wired ones as they will be with me for longer years.

maybe someday battery tech would last longer or be user replaceable. but for now i see them more as fast moving electronics, just like the way i see cellphones

msooffutt and Bartig like this.
First

Back
334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343
345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354
Next

Last