Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 23, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #5,146 of 62,436
An
No ambient mode needed with the X12 as they use an open design and unless you're in very noisy environments the music drowns out the chatter. Best running/bike TWEs in any case. Actually if I could keep only one pair of TWEs that would be it!

Oh and very pleasant Sq too :wink:

And something to add to this. This is great for calls ! I have tried a whole bunch of bluetooth earphones, both true wireless and traditional bluetooth headsets. In my experience, the only headset on which the folks on the other side did not complain has been the X12 Pro. I am very pleased that I have also ordered the E12

Feb 23, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #5,147 of 62,436
what's the first and second picture? do you have links?

Ha, I had to look them up myself too. Top: DFOI AirBuds, one below is Anomoibuds. Hope their names are their weak spots. :p

Feb 23, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #5,148 of 62,436
No ambient mode needed with the X12 as they use an open design and unless you're in very noisy environments the music drowns out the chatter. Best running/bike TWEs in any case. Actually if I could keep only one pair of TWEs that would be it!

Wait, isn't the E12 the one with an "open" design while the X12 has a standard eartip design?

Feb 23, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #5,149 of 62,436
No

Feb 23, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #5,150 of 62,436

As a long time earbud lover, they were very interesting for me at first. 70% of the time I wish I could have ambient mode on. The real problem is that no amount of volume makes up for a noisy subway or a coworker suddenly printing thousands of pages in the office (I've tried solo-ing earbuds before outside the home...). The nice thing about ambient mode is that a click of a button is like a complete change of earphones. If I got the X12s, I would definitely have to carry around a second set of earphones, and at that point I am not saving much on pocket space or time...

Feb 23, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #5,151 of 62,436
Are there any with volume control?

Feb 23, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #5,153 of 62,436
As a long time earbud lover, they were very interesting for me at first. 70% of the time I wish I could have ambient mode on. The real problem is that no amount of volume makes up for a noisy subway or a coworker suddenly printing thousands of pages in the office (I've tried solo-ing earbuds before outside the home...). The nice thing about ambient mode is that a click of a button is like a complete change of earphones. If I got the X12s, I would definitely have to carry around a second set of earphones, and at that point I am not saving much on pocket space or time...
Sure it"s always going to depend on what you need them for. If you're a runner or ride a bike (or ski, or actually for any sports apart from the gym maybe) they're a no brainer, you stay aware and there's zero thumping while running, that's priceless. If you do neither of these activities you'll need to find yourself in quiet environments where it's easy to forget you have them on.

Feb 23, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #5,156 of 62,436
What's the best sounding bluetooth earbud released up to date? Anyone knows?
It's hard to tell. I get the impression here that people either only have the most expensive offerings, as Howdy mentions, only mid tier or only very affordable. Kind of makes the bigger picture hard to see.

Well, for me at least.

Feb 23, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #5,157 of 62,436
Yes. Many have that feature.
I don't think my Funcl W1 has one. I wonder if the QCY T1C has volume control or do you have to spend more than $100?

Feb 23, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #5,158 of 62,436
I've demo-ed quite a few in all price ranges. MT07 is probably my favorite out of the box, but I feel it is not worth the asking price. 80$ sets will sometimes get you 80% to 90% of the sound quality but offer better battery.

The expensive models all have apps with EQ settings though...so I guess in the end it is not that big of a deal...fit, connection and features makes more of an impact to me.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #5,159 of 62,436
I don't think wireless earbud will sound close to wired ones, especially those totl iems, any time soon. Maybe someday it will replace
all these ridiculously expensive wired phones just as WIFI has replaced ethernet connection at home.

Although I like the idea of being wireless I do not want the iem to ruin or deteriorate the sound coming out from the expensive daps I purchased.

Feb 23, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #5,160 of 62,436

Users who are viewing this thread

Back