Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 15, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #50,221 of 62,239
Just in case anyone's interested, this is what Dirac Virtuo Spatial does to the frequency response (measured on the Sudio E2, as I don't have the Nuratrue Pro):

(DF-compensated; blue = stock "balanced" EQ setting, red = same EQ setting with spatial audio on)
Sudio E2 balanced EQ Dirac Spatial.jpg

I think the Spatial option is basically some sort of crossfeed along with minimal time delay (or reverb), that's why the FR looks a bit wonky in comparison to the original one. But for the most part it succeeds in creating a more lifelike soundstage, with sounds being located more in front of me rather than in and around my head. The effect is subtle and not overdone, which is great. It comes at the cost of minor detail blur, but overall I think it's pretty impressive, particularly with classical orchestra music.

Jan 15, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #50,223 of 62,239
Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #50,224 of 62,239
This is what we got from them...

Yeah...If they can improve sound/ANC/transparency/call even further these will be a winner for me, they're the most custom configurable when it comes to controls (including how you active transparency mode). The AZ60's are also very comfortable.

Also the launch of a AZ80-model suggest that we might see more than just a refinement of the AZ60, Personally I wouldn't mind it if they can manage to keep them around 300 EUR.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #50,225 of 62,239
Yeah...If they can improve sound/ANC/transparency/call even further these will be a winner for me, they're the most custom configurable when it comes to controls (including how you active transparency mode). The AZ60's are also very comfortable.

Also the launch of a AZ80-model suggest that we might see more than just a refinement of the AZ60, Personally I wouldn't mind it if they can manage to keep them around 300 EUR.

I don't see anyone mention the AZ70. Were they a step up from the 60?

Jan 15, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #50,226 of 62,239
AZ70 are actually the first gen from Technics. They were a bigger TWS with no LDAC.

Jan 15, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #50,227 of 62,239
I don't see anyone mention the AZ70. Were they a step up from the 60?

Nope, they were the first gen as someone mentioned.

But if I understand things correctly they're working on both a AZ60 MK II and an AZ80 model, which would indicate that the latter is the more premium.:)

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #50,228 of 62,239
The JBL Live Pro 2 is super comfy. I wore them to bed and woke up 8 hours later with them still in ear and still comfortable. (Mainly a back sleeper). I am using the original larger oval tips and they stick like glue in my ears. I forget they are in my ears at times, something that most TWS do not do very often. My best comfort TWS prior to these were GB2P and Sony Linkbuds S and these are more comfortable than both those TWS by a fair margin and those are both very comfy.

In comparison the Live Free 2 was similarly as comfortable but would move around in my concha requiring more fiddling and causing some worry.

Sonically these definitely have more bass as I mentioned already. They also seem to highlight certain guitar sounds a bit more. Vocals are definitely recessed and treble also is more laid back (EQ turned off). But they do respond well to EQ so the base signature can be adjusted.

When I compare to the XM4 they lack detail and a bit of edge especially in the mids and treble. But they create a very cohesive sound that is easy to just listen to. Not a good choice if you want to analyze or revel in the detail of you music though. But out and about or using while working or doing other things these are really easy to just use and forget about as they do not intrude into your focus.

Don't like the uneven sticks hanging from my ears though LOL. My ears fault, not the TWS :). But they are super easy to grab if I want to pull one or both out of my ears.

The XM4 beat them for ANC and passive isolation but not by much in testing while watching TV. On the reverse ambient was better on the Live Pro 2.

Will report back on using for walks and next week for exercise (will see if sweat causes any fit issue). Similarly I will report back on call quality. My complained the other day when I was talking to her while using the XM4 so I suspect the Live Pro 2 will win but time will tell.

Just as I was about to hit send a Hans Zimmer track kicked in and damn do these sound good if you like to feel the sub-bass of his music...

Jan 16, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #50,233 of 62,239
I have Sony 1000xm4. Best Bluetooth I've heard. I've had a ton of iems from pretty much every brand.

Are the Nura True Pro an upgrade? Should I wait on Noble Mystique perhaps?

Love to hear y'all's thoughts. Sound quality is by far my priority.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #50,234 of 62,239
I've been using the Bose QC II's over the Nuratrue Pro ever since I got them, and I won't back anyone saying that they sound poor, because they don't.
The ANC and transparency mode makes them so goddamn versatile too, they're one of very few earbuds where I feel like I literally hear (almost) as well as I would without earbuds on. With every other earbud it's always something getting lost in conversations and extremely robotic sound from voices etc.
Also the people complaining about white noise... Have to be very sensitive towards it, or I got a good pair for it, because it's very subtle.

I think the QCII sound... Maybe not as good as the Nuratrue Pro's, but they're honestly more fun to listen to (imo) and I've had it way easier getting a tuning I enjoy almost all music with.
I'm sure Bose has sold a boatload of these already 👍
You can get original QC TWS's (refurbs) for $124 with code NEWYEAR25 at Bose web site right now...

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products...l4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#v=qc_earbuds_fr_black

Jan 16, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #50,235 of 62,239
Does not sound good as xm4 does not have much detail im treble
I find the XM4 to have decent treble in lower range once it is EQ'd, particularly on the cymbal hit. Where it starts to lose detail is in the decay after hit. The Live Pro 2 in regard to the hot on a cymbal is less impactful losing some the vitality I hear on the XM4.

But the overall sound signature of the Live Pro 2 is actually brighter than the XM4, it just lacks the resolution.

So, I had an interesting day switching back and forth between the 2 TWS yesterday. I went out to a busy indoor farmers market and did some testing while there. Doing some straight ANC testing with and without music and also some phone call testing. Surprisingly the Live Pro 2 was better at muffling the sound of voices for ANC a bit better than the XM4 and was almost as effective at removing the rumble sound in the car while driving over. I fully expected the XM4 to win in this area, but it was slightly edged out. Similarly, my wife said the XM4 sounded staticky when on a call as compared to the Live Pro 2 which was much cleaner sounding. I suspect the XM4 might be better for certain things like being on a plane for ANC. But just basic voice muffling it was behind the Live Pro 2. I am wondering if this just shows the overall advancement of ANC over the course of a year as that is about the difference in release dates between these 2 models.

So, in listening to several songs in back-to-back testing yesterday the XM4 has a more holographic ability, allowing for instruments to be positioned and move within a song and it brings the vocalist forward in the mix which works better for vocal Jazz and other genres where the vocalist is prominent. Interestingly enough when a few hard rock tunes from bands like Van Halen played the Live Pro 2 sounded much better for the electric guitars, giving them more prominence in the music whereas the XM4 made the guitar sound subdued. Most of the time I listen to music that is more atmospheric in nature which means it quite often is less busy. This type of music sounds wonderful on the XM4 because of the holographic qualities but works a lot less for busy tracks whereas those tracks sound good on the Live Pro 2.

The Live Pro 2 has a more cohesive sound that works really well for just listening to music and the bass works really well on songs that have a droning type of bass such as Hans Zimmer sound tracks. The bass is not as defined or punchy as the XM4. The biggest difference in sound is in the midrange where vocals take less of a center stage and are more just a part of the mix and often behind other parts of the music such as bass and percussion. This makes the Live Pro 2 more 2D in nature.

If I was to sum the difference between the two up. I would say the XM4 is great when I want to get lost in the music as it draws my attention to things like the 3D sound stage. The Live 2 Pro is great when I want music to accompany my day, its presentation works really well when I am focusing on other things as it enhances my concentration without distracting me from what I am doing.

EDIT: all of my observations are after EQing the TWS. The XM4 out of the box definitely is a lot duller sounding and needs EQ to get to apoint where I really like.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back