Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 16, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #50,237 of 62,217
This is without using their great EQ?
If this is directed at me, most definitely AFTER EQing especially the XM4... I also am playing with the Live Pro 2 EQ.

Jan 16, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #50,238 of 62,217
I have Sony 1000xm4. Best Bluetooth I've heard. I've had a ton of iems from pretty much every brand.

Are the Nura True Pro an upgrade? Should I wait on Noble Mystique perhaps?

Love to hear y'all's thoughts. Sound quality is by far my priority.
It is subjective, I know people say Nuratrue pro is one of the best TWS including myself. But even if 100 people agree to that and there is still a chance you dont. Maybe you like other types of sound signature. IMO it is better than XM4, and better than most flagship TWS, at least worth a try.

Jan 16, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #50,240 of 62,217
I have Sony 1000xm4. Best Bluetooth I've heard. I've had a ton of iems from pretty much every brand.

Are the Nura True Pro an upgrade? Should I wait on Noble Mystique perhaps?

Love to hear y'all's thoughts. Sound quality is by far my priority.
The Nuratrue Pro blow away the XM4 imo. Sound is spot on. ANC on the XM4 is stellar. Mystique will be similar to the Fokus Pro in sound, but with a few extras like Transparency. A lot of us on here will have both. If you want features, get the NTP. If you want Sound, wait for the Mystique. That said, I've had both the NTP and the Fokus Pro. Sold the NFP and still have the NTP. I'll def get the Mystique because of the driver config. I'll also keep my NTP. If you're used to the XM4, you may prefer something with similar features that the NTP provides. The Mystique won't have much outside of great sound. If you can, score the NTP off Amazon so you have that great return policy. You'd have to hear for your self. The soundstage and sub-bass in the Nuratrue Pro blows me away ever time I put them in. I love them.

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #50,243 of 62,217
Ok. So if i have iPhone are the pros any different than the regular trues since I won't have the lossless signal?
Are you replying to me? Or anyone in general? If me, yes, there is a difference. Don't get the Nuratrue. Nuratrue Pro is the one to get.

https://help.nurasound.com/hc/en-us/articles/4971251714703

I use my within the Apple ecosystem every day. Primarily with my iPhone. You can get the Nura Adapter, but I don't think you'll care. I have it and haven't used it much.

Jan 16, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #50,245 of 62,217
If this is directed at me, most definitely AFTER EQing especially the XM4... I also am playing with the Live Pro 2 EQ.
I meant the JBL. I had club oro + last year and sound was great Eq'd. They just would not stay in my ears even with the biggest tips.
I imagine the EQ is the same and can bring up the kids and some treble sparkle.

Meanwhile no news on my Enco x2. Will have to open a dispute on the 18th when 10 days hit.

Jan 16, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #50,246 of 62,217
I meant the JBL. I had club oro + last year and sound was great Eq'd. They just would not stay in my ears even with the biggest tips.
I imagine the EQ is the same and can bring up the kids and some treble sparkle.

Meanwhile no news on my Enco x2. Will have to open a dispute on the 18th when 10 days hit.
The EQ on the Live Pro 2 helps with the mids and treble for sure. But the driver is a bit on the smooth side so while I can bring up the mids and treble it doesn't have quite as much effect as the XM4 EQ in regards to bringing out more detail. It's like the XM4 driver is being held back so responds well to EQ where as the Live Pro 2 driver is close to maxed so it just gets brighter without adding as much detail. Probably a bad explanation but that's how it sounds.

The Live Pro 2 is so damn comfy it does make we wonder what the Tour Pro 2 will be like. I can live with the sticks hanging down, given how comfy they have made this TWS.

Jan 16, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #50,247 of 62,217
The EQ on the Live Pro 2 helps with the mids and treble for sure. But the driver is a bit on the smooth side so while I can bring up the mids and treble it doesn't have quite as much effect as the XM4 EQ in regards to bringing out more detail. It's like the XM4 driver is being held back so responds well to EQ where as the Live Pro 2 driver is close to maxed so it just gets brighter without adding as much detail. Probably a bad explanation but that's how it sounds.

The Live Pro 2 is so damn comfy it does make we wonder what the Tour Pro 2 will be like. I can live with the sticks hanging down, given how comfy they have made this TWS.

If the driver is maxed out, instead of raising the EQ, try lowering it where you find it ok.

Ie on an xm4: drop 400hz -6, 1k -4, 6k -3, 16k -4. And leave 2.5k as the peak.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #50,248 of 62,217
Let me give that a whirl and I will let you know how it goes.

Jan 16, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #50,249 of 62,217
If the driver is maxed out, instead of raising the EQ, try lowering it where you find it ok.

Ie on an xm4: drop 400hz -6, 1k -4, 6k -3, 16k -4. And leave 2.5k as the peak.
This worked for me on the ZE8000, wouldn't have thought to do it originally.

Jan 16, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #50,250 of 62,217
@assassin10000 thanks for the tip! That is working. I am going to play around with a couple EQs doing that. Certainly making it sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back