Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 16, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #50,252 of 62,500
Yep just grabbed the pro off Amazon!

Can you get the transmitter terminated to lightning? And if so where?

Thanks a lot for your rec.
Guessing you are replying to me. I'm sure you can buy an adapter, but I've only used mine on my iPad and Mac via USB-C. If you find that iPhone adapter solution before me, let me know!

Jan 17, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #50,253 of 62,500
Just got the Nuratrue Pro, and WOW it's really good!
Only used Airpods and headphones before, so not sure what level of TWS this is.
If I want an IEM, where in the food chain would the Nuratrue Pro compare?
If I want significantly better sound, any tips (if possible?)?

Jan 17, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #50,254 of 62,500
For any SoundPEATS Capsule3 Pro owners reading.....do not upgrade the firmware to v57 if you use the EQ in the SoundPEATS app - it causes a bug where the volume on the bud drops to around 50% for around 2 minutes. If you try bumping the volume up, it won't really do much and then will suddenly come blasting through on maximum volume 2 minutes later.

Someone made me aware of this on the comments section of my YouTube review - I've tested it with three other devices, same story on all of them unfortunately. Wait for v58!

BTW - this firmware version is just on Capsule3 Pro, doesn't seem to have made its way to Mini Pro HS.

Jan 17, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #50,255 of 62,500
I have been using the JBL Live Pro 2 since 6:30 this morning (7hrs) out of the case. I have had stretches where I have them out of my ears so paused for up to more than an hour. So not listening to music for the whole 7hrs more like 2-3hrs of actual music listening. Battery life is sitting at 50%, so I think that's pretty darn good.

Jan 17, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #50,256 of 62,500
How is the wind noise with these tips hanging out of your ears, in various situations, walking, walking in windy areas, running, cycling ?
I assume you can turn off ANC if it turns out to be annoying ?

Jan 17, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #50,257 of 62,500
How is the wind noise with these tips hanging out of your ears, in various situations, walking, walking in windy areas, running, cycling ?
I assume you can turn off ANC if it turns out to be annoying ?
If you referring to the JBL Live Pro 2 they are affected a bit by wind but the ANC can be turned off to help in that situation. I get a small amount of footfall thump when walking hard or jogging but it's not severe. On the train today the ANC was a bit less effective than the WF-1000XM4 but only by a very small amount. No cycling for me till spring :).

So I ended up getting a low battery alert at 10.5 hrs. So I imagine these tap out at around 11 when used on and off and kept out of the case all day.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #50,258 of 62,500
Whew, I sure have missed this setup. Good to be back!

Fostex TM2C with the Theiaudio Clairvoyance. Delightful! :metal:

Attachments

• 705C4EAE-491E-4E8A-BCF0-C08A1BDB1470.jpeg
    705C4EAE-491E-4E8A-BCF0-C08A1BDB1470.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #50,259 of 62,500
OK, I am unsure I have mentioned this here before or not. I am a Sony fan...

My best IEM was the Sony XBA-Z5 till it broke, I still own the Sony MDR-Z7, I own d the MDR-7550, 1000X, and countless other MDR's IEM and over ear, plus multiple BT products. So it's safe to say I like Sony...

But Sony tends to go down a path where they to dark or lack resolution or both... When that happens WH-1000XM3, WF-1000XM3 and a couple other models I can't remember off the top of my head. I end up selling them and moving on. I avoided the WF-1000XM4 for that reason and really did expect I would flip these because I would be unhappy.

But through their EQ and a few things like a decent 3D sound scape I am pleasantly surprised and happy that these are more the Sony I like. So I do get where lots of people will not agree and say they are no good and actually wod agree with that sentiment at full retail. But at $250CAD these are pretty damn good in my opinion.

The JBL Live Pro 2 also sound really good but just not quite as engaging for me. But they have very good battery life as I found out today. Will have to try them with multi-point tomorrow.

Jan 18, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #50,262 of 62,500
Hi all,

Im looking for recommendations for earbuds.

I know nuts about them but have tried the following

Sony XM4
Senn MT3
Bose QC

Im leaning towards Senn more based on experience

What’s else are there worth to try?
If you are in the Apple ecosystem, then I recommend AirPod Pro 2 over any of those three because they integrate better. But if not, then any of the three that you like best is likely fine. It comes down to personal preference at that point, and no one can tell you what's better, other than you at that point.

Jan 18, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #50,264 of 62,500
For sound what TWS is what's recommended, I have had Linkbuds S, XM4, Jabra Elite 7 Pro, Bose Quietcomfort, Freebuds Pro 2.

Would have liked something that's more resolving than those while still having some bass for fun.

Don't matter for me if they don't have all the microphone and awareness modes. Just need something wireless for fun, I often use DAP and IEM. But I way to often pull out the IEMs by accident then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back