Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 13, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #50,191 of 62,241
Off to a bad start. Seems AliExpress shipped my Oppo. Been tracking with DHL. They arrived in Canada 2 days ago. And show delivered today. Only thing is they DHL site shows they were delivered to northern Saskatchewan and I live in Montreal Quebec.

DHL says I have to contact shipper. Only means seems to be in a chat in the AliExpress site. Sent a message to the online store as I know of no other way to contact but of course it is now Saturday morning there.

Anyone ever have issues with AliExpress? How did they get resolved?
If they do not respond to your text then open a dispute with aliexpress with evidences so you can have refund

Jan 13, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #50,193 of 62,241
I have to wait at least 10 days since shipped. Hopefully this will be resolved by Monday.
All I know is someone in Saskatchewan is going to be rocking a nice set of tws.
There is two possible outcomes: 1 is DHL system show wrong shipping description to you which the item will deliver later on ( Monday to Tuesday) 2 is the shop on Aliexpress is lying or make mistake

Jan 13, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #50,194 of 62,241
DHL shows delivered to Saskatchewan. I called them and they state that was the final destination. They wonder if maybe the wrong waybill was out on the parcel told me to contact the shipper. So now I wait and hope.

Jan 14, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #50,195 of 62,241
Spent some additional time with the Nuras and I am beginning to drink the cool aid. Compared to the Bose, everything is tighter and more refined with the exception that the Nura's can hit very low - almost like there is a subwoofer in the system. They really feel like a set speakers are in your head. I've run the sound profile a couple of times and both times they came out very similar. I'm interested in trying them with the dongle to see if things can get even better. My biggest disappointment is the ANC is typical throwaway ANC - meaning not really good. So, if I'm using a fan like I do when I exercise, I'm reaching for the Bose. For any other use, the Nura with immersion plus 1 and spatial on delivers an outstanding speaker like experience.

Turning to the APP2, it must be me, but I really do not like the way the sound. I am surprised at the amount of love they get for having good sound. They sound thin and tinny to me. Coming from the Nuras to the APP2 is a jarring experience. I'd never ever pick them for music. That said, a lot of people like them a lot so I guess it's a preference thing or maybe Apple loyalty.
Agree with your comments - have the Nura-pro's for a couple of weeks now, and if the seal is good (I'm using Sedna's) it does sound to me a notch above other twa's (I'm comparing to Sony XM4, AT-TWX9, Senn Momentum 2, CA Orbit, FA ZE-8000, APPro2); like you say a speaker like effect, which works well for my music tastes with a nice full bass / mid-bass and decent mid to high clarity.
What does make a difference (which is why there is an advantage to the Nura's) is BT5.3 which my Asus Zenfone 9 has also - listening to high bit rate flac's is a noticible step up in sound quality / clarity, which unfortunately is just not do-able with Apple phones unless you use Nura's BT5.3 dongle (which I haven't tried). The APP2's main advantage is in the ANC (like the Sony), but after using BT5.3 it's hard to go back to basic BT codec.
For my iPhone I'm tossing up between the Nura dongle or the Khardas Tea (which is BT 5 I think - does LDAC / AptX-HD) - anyone had experience with either of these / recommendations ?
Cheers !

Jan 14, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #50,196 of 62,241
I've been using the Bose QC II's over the Nuratrue Pro ever since I got them, and I won't back anyone saying that they sound poor, because they don't.
The ANC and transparency mode makes them so goddamn versatile too, they're one of very few earbuds where I feel like I literally hear (almost) as well as I would without earbuds on. With every other earbud it's always something getting lost in conversations and extremely robotic sound from voices etc.
Also the people complaining about white noise... Have to be very sensitive towards it, or I got a good pair for it, because it's very subtle.

I think the QCII sound... Maybe not as good as the Nuratrue Pro's, but they're honestly more fun to listen to (imo) and I've had it way easier getting a tuning I enjoy almost all music with.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 6:05 AM Post #50,197 of 62,241
So, you have an opinion (I know you were directing that to me), but others have not to have one?

I do not need backed up by anyone as I only express my own opinion but most of of the time many others feel the same be it here on buyers' comments on Amazon.UK/US.

I think Bose and Sony have a horrid sound (at the bass end) that IMO is not good and there are far better sounding earbuds out there (MTW3 for one) even cheap earbuds like Soundpeats with the V shaped are better for me for being out and about at home is different matter and I can use my FiiO set up.

I regret buying the QCII's overall for multiple reasons so I will get rid of them.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #50,198 of 62,241
So, you have an opinion (I know you were directing that to me), but others have no to have one?
I think lots of people crap over the Bose and Sony not just you.

I've been thinking of selling the ZE8000 for the Nura, don't know how the second hand market for tws is in Aus though. Have another eq in app to try before deciding what to do. They have a great sound for some genres but not just anything hectic or fast.

Was going to get the Nura this week but opted for something a little more... Mongolian. I just have to know how good wired iems are since I find myself impressed with $180 tws

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #50,199 of 62,241
I think lots of people crap over the Bose and Sony not just you.

I've been thinking of selling the ZE8000 for the Nura, don't know how the second hand market for tws is in Aus though. Have another eq in app to try before deciding what to do. They have a great sound for some genres but not just anything hectic or fast.

Was going to get the Nura this week but opted for something a little more Kublai. I just have to know how good wired iems are since I find myself impressed with $180 tws
Which 180$ tws you are speaking of? Just curious.

Jan 14, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #50,200 of 62,241
Which 180$ tws you are speaking of? Just curious.
Nuarl N6 Pro 2. That's AUD, most likely cheaper elsewhere. Still my favourite mids and highs

Jan 14, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #50,201 of 62,241
Having sent back my recent TWS acquisitions the QCII (for reasons already largely detailed) but mainly because of the criminal lack of passive mode, the Vista 2 (not enough of an improvement for running over the Bomaker 2 and useless ANC) and the Jabra Elite 7 Active (just didn't stay in my ears), I just got the Bose Sports Earbuds in my quest to find the ideal running earbuds !

First impressions are "so so". For a start the case is HUGE, never seen anything like that, even the QCI weren't that bad I think. The buds are big too but the tips are well designed and make them very comfortable to wear. When running there is definitely NO thump and that's a must in my book. Compared to the other "thumpless" options (Sabbat X12, Plantronics Backbeat, Aftershokz) the sound is clearly way better and make for a more pleasant "musical" experience. There is one problem though, there is more wind noise than there should be and it almost seems amplified. It's not just the large earbuds picking up the wind.
Wait, what ?! Aren't these supposed to be passive ? Well apparently not, Bose just can't help themselves can they ! Even when not running, using them in a store for instance, you can hear a slight "swooshing" noise, when shuffling items around not unlike what you get with the "aware" mode of the QCII. I'm not sure why they're doing that, to enhance the audio maybe ?

Anyone else here use them and notice that ?

As a side note, given the current discount and the recent release of the QCII, it's likely the Sports Earbud II will soon be here. Smaller case, smaller form factor and...still that "non-passive" concept ?

Jan 14, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #50,203 of 62,241
Agree with your comments - have the Nura-pro's for a couple of weeks now, and if the seal is good (I'm using Sedna's) it does sound to me a notch above other twa's (I'm comparing to Sony XM4, AT-TWX9, Senn Momentum 2, CA Orbit, FA ZE-8000, APPro2); like you say a speaker like effect, which works well for my music tastes with a nice full bass / mid-bass and decent mid to high clarity.
What does make a difference (which is why there is an advantage to the Nura's) is BT5.3 which my Asus Zenfone 9 has also - listening to high bit rate flac's is a noticible step up in sound quality / clarity, which unfortunately is just not do-able with Apple phones unless you use Nura's BT5.3 dongle (which I haven't tried). The APP2's main advantage is in the ANC (like the Sony), but after using BT5.3 it's hard to go back to basic BT codec.
For my iPhone I'm tossing up between the Nura dongle or the Khardas Tea (which is BT 5 I think - does LDAC / AptX-HD) - anyone had experience with either of these / recommendations ?
Cheers !
I asked Nura their BT dongle supports up to Aptx-adaptive, not Lossless. So like many other dongles they can't fully unleash the potential of Nuratrue pro, unless you have the 2 phones that support lossless. Btw I tried all other TWS but CA orbit/ZE-8000, you said Nuratrue pro sounds better than these 2 right?

Jan 14, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #50,204 of 62,241
I asked Nura their BT dongle supports up to Aptx-adaptive, not Lossless. So like many other dongles they can't fully unleash the potential of Nuratrue pro, unless you have the 2 phones that support lossless. Btw I tried all other TWS but CA orbit/ZE-8000, you said Nuratrue pro sounds better than these 2 right?

What music do you listen to? The ZE8000 is pretty genre specific and quite a warm heavy thick sound. Not very good for fast electronic or busy metal.

Beautiful for vocal music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back