Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 10, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #48,691 of 62,596
The TWX9 can stay connected to two devices at once. Not as flawless as say, my AirPods Pro 2, but it does work well for me. No tricks on Amazon Japan. When I did it, I made an account, even signed up for the free 30 days, then made the purchase. Easy with no issues. I'm sure you have, but maybe try a different browser?
Do you need to pay a shipping fee if you wanna return anything back to amazon jp? Never bought anything from amazon jp but I am curious if they could do the free return like local Amazon.

Nov 10, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #48,692 of 62,596
Do you need to pay a shipping fee if you wanna return anything back to amazon jp? Never bought anything from amazon jp but I am curious if they could do the free return like local Amazon.
Sadly, I've never done it. Once I tried, but got annoyed with all the DHL paperwork from here in the US.

Nov 10, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #48,693 of 62,596
Sadly, I've never done it. Once I tried, but got annoyed with all the DHL paperwork from here in the US.
Yea I read the terms on Amazon jp it says you must use DHL to return. So I was wondering if there is gonna be a huge shipping fee. Thats one reason I haven't ordered TWX9 from Amazon JP. And I live in UK so I need to pay an import fee when buying TWX9 from Amazon jp. Normally the import fee will not be returned in my exp. So it is very close to be a "non-returnable" product to me.

Nov 10, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #48,694 of 62,596
Unfortunately, no one knows when LE-Audio products are scheduled for release :frowning2:
Surely someone in the 7+ billion on this planet knows? :wink:

Seriously, LE-Audio has had a really long gestation period, not helped at all by Covid limiting interoperability testing. I continue to hope that we’ll see it appear soon, hopefully in 2023.

Nov 10, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #48,695 of 62,596
Yea I read the terms on Amazon jp it says you must use DHL to return. So I was wondering if there is gonna be a huge shipping fee. Thats one reason I haven't ordered TWX9 from Amazon JP. And I live in UK so I need to pay an import fee when buying TWX9 from Amazon jp. Normally the import fee will not be returned in my exp. So it is very close to be a "non-returnable" product to me.
Honestly, I haven't even been using my TWX9 lately. They're great, but the honeymoon is over. Been using my AirPods Pro 2, Bose QCII and B&O EX more. This week, the Devialet Gemini again. Been going back and forth and the Gemini soundstage is a bit wider and more full. That's just my ears.

Up to you. They're nice. Definitely the best Audio Technica has done in the TWS market to date imo. Sorry if I've made things worse :wink:

Nov 10, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #48,696 of 62,596
Honestly, I haven't even been using my TWX9 lately. They're great, but the honeymoon is over. Been using my AirPods Pro 2, Bose QCII and B&O EX more. This week, the Devialet Gemini again. Been going back and forth and the Gemini soundstage is a bit wider and more full. That's just my ears.

Up to you. They're nice. Definitely the best Audio Technica has done in the TWS market to date imo. Sorry if I've made things worse :wink:
Thank you for sharing! I wouldnt have similar situation coz I am looking for my first TWS :D

Nov 10, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #48,697 of 62,596
Thank you for sharing! I wouldnt have similar situation coz I am looking for my first TWS :D
You're in for a wild ride then. Once you buy one, you just keep chasing perfection. It's fun.

Nov 10, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #48,699 of 62,596
See, I'm on the opposite side of the music spectrum. Listening to hard rock and metal mostly. I've got the Gemini EQ on Dynamic with a little tweaking. Perfect balance for my ears. No fit issues using the large Devialet tips. No rubbing. No pain all gain. In fact, they're so light, some days I can't feel them in my ears.

I'm loving the below new album. I won't call out a particular song, but whew. Chills using the Gemini. Crank it up!!!

Nice album, kind of a Black Sabbath vibe in the guitar work. Sky Burial, great groove.

Nov 10, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #48,701 of 62,596
You are not going to be able to return them.

My first pair was faulty and Amazon JP sent me a new pair and instructed me to send the faulty pair back via DHL at my expense, which they said they would reimburse. The cost was $130 and they were promptly returned to me by DHL because of the lithium batteries. There was no way around it, so ultimately Amazon let me keep the faulty pair. I wasn’t charged anything by DHL.

On another note, I recommended the TWX9 to my buddy and he loves them, but he says even the small tips are too large for his ear canals. Does anyone have any advice on smaller aftermarket tips?

I love my TWX9! They sound absolutely perfect to my novice ears. I also switched from Spotify to Deezer which has made an unbelievable difference in quality to my ears.

Nov 10, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #48,702 of 62,596
You are not going to be able to return them.

My first pair was faulty and Amazon JP sent me a new pair and instructed me to send the faulty pair back via DHL at my expense, which they said they would reimburse. The cost was $130 and they were promptly returned to me by DHL because of the lithium batteries. There was no way around it, so ultimately Amazon let me keep the faulty pair. I wasn’t charged anything by DHL.

On another note, I recommended the TWX9 to my buddy and he loves them, but he says even the small tips are too large for his ear canals. Does anyone have any advice on smaller aftermarket tips?

I love my TWX9! They sound absolutely perfect to my novice ears. I also switched from Spotify to Deezer which has made an unbelievable difference in quality to my ears.
Thx a lot! That really helps. Actually my local Amazon has TWX9 but its 90 GBP more than Amazon JP. Which is 50% more. I guess I need to think about this.

Nov 10, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #48,703 of 62,596
I don't know about anyone else but I am a bit intrigued by the Fiio FW5 announcement... Still love my Fiio UTWS5 FH5 combo...

I think they look damn nice too, in a big metallic fashion...

https://fiio.com/fw5

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #48,704 of 62,596
I will not be buying at launch as the make good earbuds but anything with Chipsets they seem to quickly forget to support it.

Look at last updates for the LC-BT2 and newer devices like the BTA30 PRO and UTWS5 (the thread here put me of them).

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 8:30 PM Post #48,705 of 62,596
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back